1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main suit portion is dull. The pic I posted looks more gloss due to the lights. Having seen it in person it's matte. And the main body color is pretty close. The metal isn't a great match but metal is so hard to paint.

The film suit looks like classic comic colors. Grey and an off white instead of the previous grey and metal. And that's where the difference is. Every toy has a metallic highlight(faceplate)

And yes, I know it looks much darker in the pic I posted. It's lighting.

image.jpg
image.jpeg

Here's a better comp. the metal parts are what make it seem off. The main body appears different color in these two pics due to lighting. The pic I posted before where Rhodey is flat on his back shows the color better for the body. Not nearly as dark.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Sweet :hi5:
This is the best looking War Machine armor imo :)

I assume you are gonna wait for the 1/6 DCMK46 and pass on the PP?

I agree...this is the best-looking one of the trio. :hi5: The minigun on the Mark I looks badass, but overall I think this suit looks the best.

Yep, that's the plan. I know the MMS diecast one will be twice as expensive, but I'd much rather have one with full articulation. I'd much prefer a standing combat pose, which the PP figure can't achieve, over a flight pose.

It's a good looking suit. Miles ahead of Ip and the mk2, imo. I'll need to see it next to the mk1 before I say it's better though, for me.
Congrats on the order though.

I agree...this is the best-looking one of the trio. :hi5: The minigun on the Mark I looks badass, but overall I think this suit looks the best.

Yep, that's the plan. I know the MMS diecast one will be twice as expensive, but I'd much rather have one with full articulation. I'd much prefer a standing combat pose, which the PP figure can't achieve, over a flight pose.
:yess:

While I tend to agree with you that more articulation is better... I feel like more money is what I need :lol
and I wonder if HT will push it to the limit and add a TS Head, extra BD parts and a dio base and mark it @ $400 :rotfl

It's a good looking suit. Miles ahead of Ip and the mk2, imo. I'll need to see it next to the mk1 before I say it's better though, for me.
Congrats on the order though.

Thanks, Motux. :duff

The Mark III might be my favorite, but it's a pretty close call between it and the Mark I. Both are great suits. Now, if the Mark III had the minigun, there would be no contest between the two IMO.

:yess:

While I tend to agree with you that more articulation is better... I feel like more money is what I need :lol
and I wonder if HT will push it to the limit and add a TS Head, extra BD parts and a dio base and mark it @ $400 :rotfl

Money is definitely a factor, but...I have no control when it comes to Iron Man. :lol But overall I think I'll like the MMS version better.

I should have mentioned that...I also would like a Tony Stark head with it. :lol

Last edited:
I only started on the Hot Toys craze just recently yet the Mk3 is the perfect match between the first 2 models. Not sure if I'm colorblind but did the latest trailer reveal that War Machine had red eyes and a red arc reactor?

Pre-ordered this yesterday with the March discount code! :clap That was my first PO from Civil War. And so it begins...:lol

What is the March code? I've been waiting for this to become coupon eligible.

I'm using my mobile phone and the code thread link doesn't open.

i had initially only planned on picking up the mark 45 then holding off until infinity wars. but i just couldn't resist. after i decided that i'd get the MMS version of the 46 (which i assume will be revealed sooner or later), it pushed me to preorder this thing.

i may cancel my war machine mark 1 preorder. i haven't decided. i really only wanted to collect the new armor from each avengers movie, but in my mind civil war might as well be avengers 2.5.

plus, design-wise i think this version look much better than the mark 2. it's a bit bulkier looking than the mark 2, and also a bit more refined than the mark 1.

i still wish the armor was decked out with a few more "bells and whistles". i also wish the baton was able to be stored on the armor, or connect in such a way that it could be used while attached (like a cannon or something). but that complaint is directed more towards the designers of the armor for the movie, not hot toys.

They have not shown it but I think the batton will probably attach some how in the film and the figure will end up with something too....I just wouldn't count on it for the figure. Should only ever count on exactly what's in the sum up photo (the last out of the promo pics) and the description. We occasionally get more but it's way to infrequent to expect.

does he have guns on his forearms?.. or is that barrel looking opening just part of the design of the forearm?

if it is a gun, it seems a little close to his hands. cool either way though.

They have not shown it but I think the batton will probably attach some how in the film and the figure will end up with something too....I just wouldn't count on it for the figure. Should only ever count on exactly what's in the sum up photo (the last out of the promo pics) and the description. We occasionally get more but it's way to infrequent to expect.

i'm not counting on it, hence "wish". i only ever count on what's in the layout photo. that's why i blamed the designers for the movie. i wish they had included it in such a way that it would not only look cool, but be a feasible aspect of a potential figure. (i know that they shouldn't design something with that in mind, i'm just saying that i wish that were the case)

Back