1/6 Hot Toys - MMS299 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hi5:

Sweet, I see it's shipping soon which gives you the option to get it early plus it's not too pricey. I like the flex for that exact reason :duff
Yes and no, I had wanted a smaller collection for a while, of select figures, but I actually sold them to fund my SDCC trip which I later had to cancel :(
Still I was left with a lot of spare cash and space so not all bad :) plus now I can focus on the small few I have :)

Still going from the low 40s to just 11 stings :rotfl

Sweet avatar :hi5: (so I'm told I can't see :monkey3)

I may let this one run its course. I already have three figures coming at the this month (Ant-Man, ANH Leia and Quicksilver), so I need a little bit of a reprieve before the next wave hits. I like that SSC added the features on their site where you can alter your flex schedule in either paying it off or postponing.

That sucks that you had to cancel your SDCC trip. Extra cash is always good though. After BvS, CW, the rest of AoU and Star Wars ANH and TFA, I'm going to start slowing down with my figure influx as well and be a bit more selective in what I get. In fact, I only have Cap PO'd from CW thus far. :lol

Thanks for the avatar compliment! :hi5:

This could have completely gone over my head, but 40 to 11 stings and not being able to see.....did you recently get stung by yellow jackets or something?

I think selling them isn't that bad if you want to get a few good ones. I'd take 1 really nice figure over 4 I'm kinda meh on because I got them to complete a particular line :dunno
I also grabbed Ant-Man he's great and I have a few more coming in that are non HT too. I want to go back and get Vision but with Prime and the 45 coming out I'm going to hold off
I highly agree! What's funny is i was going to get ant man because I loved the film and character but I decided not too. I try to be very selective honestly. Money is a thing I need these days so it try to pick at least one i will not get rid of. If I did get this drone I probably wouldn't get rid of it due to the fact it's a robot and I dig robots [emoji38] I have no iron man figures anymore but i would love to get this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I may let this one run its course. I already have three figures coming at the this month (Ant-Man, ANH Leia and Quicksilver), so I need a little bit of a reprieve before the next wave hits. I like that SSC added the features on their site where you can alter your flex schedule in either paying it off or postponing.

That sucks that you had to cancel your SDCC trip. Extra cash is always good though. After BvS, CW, the rest of AoU and Star Wars ANH and TFA, I'm going to start slowing down with my figure influx as well and be a bit more selective in what I get. In fact, I only have Cap PO'd from CW thus far. :lol

Thanks for the avatar compliment! :hi5:

This could have completely gone over my head, but 40 to 11 stings and not being able to see.....did you recently get stung by yellow jackets or something?
Smart play I agree. It's great those are not pricey figures too. Like the next wave has two Iron Men and Ultron, easily passing over $1000 :thud: I think that's one of the best features they added to the site. That can be extremely helpful to flex-payers

Yeah it was out of my hands but I'm over it. I completely understand the desire to slow down. I've started already by cancelling a lot of PO's from AOU and only getting one or two from CW and BvS. It's just easier to be selective these days would you agree? Theres almost too much being released :lol

Oh sorry I meant I had 40+ figures and now I only have 11 and the not being able to see your avatar thing is because my avatar is Matt Murdoch :lol

I highly agree! What's funny is i was going to get ant man because I loved the film and character but I decided not too. I try to be very selective honestly. Money is a thing I need these days so it try to pick at least one i will not get rid of. If I did get this drone I probably wouldn't get rid of it due to the fact it's a robot and I dig robots [emoji38] I have no iron man figures anymore but i would love to get this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
That's fair and understandable. I really enjoyed AOU and Avengers but I decided to not get several and sell or give away my figures from them. With the prices on these going up its just easier financially to be selective. Ant Man is a great figure though, but you always have the choice to go back and get him if you can.

Yeah :exactly: I think its much better to buy figures you'll never sell. It just leads to a more selective collection and you gain a better appreciation for what you have :) :duff

I always try to only get figures I will have no plan in flipping or trading later. My collection isn't huge, and quite humble compared to others I have seen, but I have yet to ever trade or sell any of the figures I have aquired through the years.
There are so many great figures to choose from, I have to really desire one before I pull the trigger and buy it.

I posted before that my wife even offered to pay half of the price for Hulkbuster, but I am just not able to justify the purchase, as I am not overwhelmed with a need for this piece.
I know to some Iron Man collectors that sounds crazy, but it's just my individual opinion, and only justified to me.

This is a beautiful figure and for those that aquire it, I have no doubt they will be truely satisfied.

Smart play I agree. It's great those are not pricey figures too. Like the next wave has two Iron Men and Ultron, easily passing over $1000 :thud: I think that's one of the best features they added to the site. That can be extremely helpful to flex-payers

Yeah it was out of my hands but I'm over it. I completely understand the desire to slow down. I've started already by cancelling a lot of PO's from AOU and only getting one or two from CW and BvS. It's just easier to be selective these days would you agree? Theres almost too much being released :lol

Oh sorry I meant I had 40+ figures and now I only have 11 and the not being able to see your avatar thing is because my avatar is Matt Murdoch :lol

I would agree.

I feel that the real value of these figures (or anything in general) is how much they are worth to you. Some of them to me aren't worth having even at retail price, some of them I'm willing to pay after market prices for but only up to a certain amount, and the ones that I know that I want no matter what beforehand, I PO because they are worth at least retail to me.

Ah, so it did go over my head. :lol Completely get it now with Matt Murdoch. :duff

I hadn't considered getting this but my 5-year-old son informed me that this is the next figure I should get ... Why did it just take that nudge to get me thinking about using the April code on it? Though I bet it'll be available for cheaper later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree.

I feel that the real value of these figures (or anything in general) is how much they are worth to you. Some of them to me aren't worth having even at retail price, some of them I'm willing to pay after market prices for but only up to a certain amount, and the ones that I know that I want no matter what beforehand, I PO because they are worth at least retail to me.

Ah, so it did go over my head. :lol Completely get it now with Matt Murdoch. :duff
That's the best way to see it :duff and it includes yourself. I think there are some that I bought that I felt I overpaid for, those would be the ones I look at months after getting and think 'meh', or the ones where I feel happy having the cash in my hand after I hand it off.

I will say sometimes you don't know those 'gem' figures until enough time passes so you can look back and say "I'm glad I bought that". For me that's A1 Loki(paid aftermarket) and Starlord(paid retail). They're not going anywhere :dance

I hadn't considered getting this but my 5-year-old son informed me that this is the next figure I should get ... Why did it just take that nudge to get me thinking about using the April code on it? Though I bet it'll be available for cheaper later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wise beyond his years :lol

That's the best way to see it :duff and it includes yourself. I think there are some that I bought that I felt I overpaid for, those would be the ones I look at months after getting and think 'meh', or the ones where I feel happy having the cash in my hand after I hand it off.

I will say sometimes you don't know those 'gem' figures until enough time passes so you can look back and say "I'm glad I bought that". For me that's A1 Loki(paid aftermarket) and Starlord(paid retail). They're not going anywhere :dance

I have Maria Hill and it's seemingly turning out that whoever bought her at retail will have overpaid; however, the way I see it is that you might as well enjoy the figure because you felt that the price at whatever you bought it for was worth it. :duff

Charged for my Iron Legion Drone on Tuesday and it still hasn't shipped. Called sideshow and they said they still haven't received it but they should get it early next week. :banghead

Seems like HT missed an opportunity for "army building" with this figure. The numbers should have been decals or interchangeable parts.

Seems like HT missed an opportunity for "army building" with this figure. The numbers should have been decals or interchangeable parts.

Interchangeable parts would make it substantlly more money. The figure barely sold and it's the cheapest figure in like three years. Lol

Decals would be a way to do it, but the numbers are not the only difference between them. There are a lot of distinct markings between them all. The miss was done by the production design team. They should have made them more universal so a decal sheet would work in the toy and marketing departments. But given the complexity of the individual designs it's not something that most people would be comfy doing to a 200 plus dollar figure.

Yeah I do not think this will be sold out anytime soon...probably end up with a large discount

Cool figure though.

I could see me buying this if it plummets to Johnny Depp/Russell Crowe levels. I'd never buy it if my Avenger lineup was multi-movie, or from the first Avengers... but it would certainly work as an extra figure in my current lineup.

I was hoping this would satisfy my desire for this figure....picked it up on last week's $25 off sale. $9 + $9 shipping.

If I knew how to make a .gif his head would be bobbling left and right.
I don't know whether to hang this from my rearview mirror (it has a hook for that) or try to make $10 bucks profit on eBay. Maybe I'll try both.

Sweet :clap

If you want to make a gif from images you can use the timeline in photoshop, or a site like EZgif or Gifmaker.me to make one :D

Back