1/6 Hot Toys - MMS299 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Legion Drone Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC2015-Hot-Toys-Marvel-014.jpg

SDCC2015-Hot-Toys-Marvel-015.jpg

SDCC2015-Hot-Toys-Marvel-016.jpg

I really hope that the numbers are all decals for us to troop build, but it doesn't look like it.

I went ahead and cancelled mine. It releases when too much other stuff does too. Maybe I'll grab one later depending on the pressure I feel from this thread ��

I wish we had a better shot of the bays that they are stored in. I would love to try to create and 5 bay facility for these and then taking the time to re-number them would be worth it.

I really hope that the numbers are all decals for us to troop build, but it doesn't look like it.

They each have different logoing and designs for the numbers...not as simple as stickers...

Here's the concept art-

Are you trying to give me a stroke-arism :panic::panic::panic:

They look similar to HPP HOA bays without the base and back panels.

They could be simple to scratch build, I will have to look for more pictures.

Thanks

Last edited:
No prob, glancing back that the movie the second page there seems pretty close to the final product, with some different foreground objects and props lying about.

What does that mean?

Are you saying they all have different paint schemes?

I see what he meant, all 5 have different stripe colors. 3 was the one that had more screen time and had it's face damaged, and apparently was the one Ultron took control.

2.jpg

Yeah all the drones have unique accents. And given they are numbered in like 10 places a standard sticker or decal set won't work. I don't see a way to make a universal set without significantly increasing cost. And doing multiple versions will result in dead stock issues and has zero potential to add to sales enough to make it worth it.

If Side Show and Hot Toys announced a 5 pack exclusive limited to 1000 units (5000 total figures) I'm sure they would sell out.

It would be a sure thing if the shipped in a styrofoam maintenance bay. Going off the above concept art it's do-able because there isn't any illuminated base nor is there an illuminated back panel, just 2 over head lights.

Now that this has been out on blue ray for a while is there anyone that can get some good screen captures of the maintenance bay area?

Last edited:
Back