1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Coco, the dress is a perfect fit. I did remove the wire from the hood so it would draper naturally too. Thank you again for making this happen and count me in for anything else you and Cindy make. Would love to have an Old Ben on the shelf with a proper inner robe next.

As DR said, here she is with the boys.
IMG_0349.jpg
:love

You got some beautiful folds with the elastic and water treatment. Great futzing, sir! :clap

Omg Coco! If hadn’t waited 8 years for my Yunsil I’d be all over this! It came out amazing!

So... has this “Cindy” ever heard of Indiana Jones...?

It’s probably going to be a while if at all that this entire list will be fulfilled but I’ll continue to add to it if there’s interest.

I’ll have a couple more dresses from her next week and then I’m going to have her shift to Ben’s tunic set and another small project for me for a while so she doesn’t get burned out and it will give me some time to get a few custom stand orders done.

UPDATED

Leia Dress

Mydnyghte (shipped)
FlyandFlight (shipped)
D.R.37 (shipped)
Papasmoak (shipped)
ZE_501 (shipped)
Scifi67 (shipped)
pjam (ready soon)
drjedisith
Skizzoid
Manannin
Xcuri
rgswff
mah45
Starfury1984
maru81
DarthAlias
Cavlcade
Talibane
monkeyjedi
Choryujin
DukeFett
Enzo
RyanBlueThunder
Mose Harper
Rkirby98
waterfold
stormtrooper
DarthZevyn
RickP83
choombaz
K1NG J0RDAN
Darth Pakiti
scottjua
maximus _73
Samwise Gamgee
OnTheMarkTexas
maccol
JB24
Jack Bauer
lerath666
Victoria’s Cantina
Deak Starkiller
davidgray1974
TK0083
jaimanstone
Asian Inferno
knapejor
hokietwo
jacleee

Thanks Coco, the dress is a perfect fit. I did remove the wire from the hood so it would draper naturally too. Thank you again for making this happen and count me in for anything else you and Cindy make. Would love to have an Old Ben on the shelf with a proper inner robe next.

I thought some might remove that wire. It’s really only needed if you want the hood up. Yours looks great!
Ben’s tunic is next on my list along with a cloak for my Garandin custom. I really hate the material HT used for his tunic and would love a proper set.

Omg Coco! If hadn’t waited 8 years for my Yunsil I’d be all over this! It came out amazing!

So... has this “Cindy” ever heard of Indiana Jones...?

She might have. :lol She’s retired and has been teaching quilt and hand bag making classes once a month for a little extra income. She loves to sew but she’s definitely not a 1/6 seamstress like Yunsil so I’d imagine anything I have her do in 1/6 would need to be relatively simple. I can’t just let her know what we want and let her go. I had to coach her on what I wanted for the Leia dress and source the material so I wouldn’t have time to oversee anything too involved.

It’s probably going to be a while if at all that this entire list will be fulfilled but I’ll continue to add to it if there’s interest.

I’ll have a couple more dresses from her next week and then I’m going to have her shift to Ben’s tunic set and another small project for me for a while so she doesn’t get burned out and it will give me some time to get a few custom stand orders done.

Ben's tunic set?

Why? HT still has Bosch, Slave(please!) and Endor still to do. She’s still available at several shops and really has not appreciated to unbelievable 2nd market prices. Plus with all this said, now that she is deceased whatever could be done falls to an issue with her likeness in the future with her estate calling the shots.

Decided to try the hood up.

The hood up on the Yunsil drapes so beautifully.

Why? HT still has Bosch, Slave(please!) and Endor still to do. She’s still available at several shops and really has not appreciated to unbelievable 2nd market prices. Plus with all this said, now that she is deceased whatever could be done falls to an issue with her likeness in the future with her estate calling the shots.

I was under the impression this version sold out shortly after her death and a quick look at ebay sold prices has it well above retail on most sales. A couple of auctions in the $270 range and one lower ($255 which is still a 25% markup on retail), but most above that. That said, I would prefer more "new" versions than a re-release.

Last edited:
She was available for quite a while before it sold out from her unfortunate death. Also a quick look at eBay finished sales on Han solo, Luke, Chewbacca and Obi-wan she is right in line and less than those characters. I do not consider 25% increase a large appreciation especially for an iconic character piece like the ANH Leia. The sharp rise of her prices was purely scalpers obviously taking advantage of her death and it will go lower now as more versions of her slowly make their way into the collections.

I agree, we should get the newer versions long before there’s any chance of this going to a re-release.

Back