1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So rough count we have north of 150 people on this forum alone that changed the dress for a custom one, counting these latest ones and the Yunsil one and a few that made their own customs. However designed the HT dress should feel a little embarrased.

Not really. They don't just make it up - they work form a resource.

If you look at Leia's costume in here https://blackwells.co.uk/bookshop/p...ZhegZLd0b0Xjeik7KAfvlBX_-ai0oLpBoCI2AQAvD_BwE you'll see that it's exactly the same. How many versions do you think there were? I'd reckon at least five - probably more. This version was exhibited as a prop from the movie and is likely the one they worked from. Whether it was actually in the movie is another matter. :)

Get the one you like best and style the figure how you want.

Cindy should have a few more ready this week. When your dress is ready I’ll post a pic here and then send a pm with payment info. No need to pay early as I’d rather fit and wire these prior to getting payment just in case I have to have her fix something.

I’ve noticed the stitching isn’t perfect on these little things so please be advised of that. It still looks good on display regardless.

UPDATED

Leia Dress

Mydnyghte (shipped)
FlyandFlight (shipped)
D.R.37 (shipped)
Papasmoak (shipped)
ZE_501 (shipped)
Scifi67 (ready. Waiting on payment)
pjam (ready soon)
drjedisith (ready soon)
Skizzoid
Manannin
Xcuri
rgswff
mah45
Jaymig926
Starfury1984
maru81
Scifi67
DarthAlias
Cavlcade
Talibane
monkeyjedi
Choryujin
DukeFett
Enzo
RyanBlueThunder
Mose Harper
Rkirby98
waterfold
stormtrooper
DarthZevyn
RickP83
choombaz
K1NG J0RDAN
Darth Pakiti
scottjua
maximus _73
Samwise Gamgee
OnTheMarkTexas
maccol
JB24
Jack Bauer
lerath666
Victoria’s Cantina
Deak Starkiller
davidgray1974
TK0083

Last edited:
Fresh outta the box, and a quick futz into her new Christmas dress - stock dress barely even saw the light of day. Looks and drapes so well! Might iron then water-treat it down the road but I'm extremely happy with it. My first actual female dolly-doll :panic:
I have been putting getting her especially with aftermarket prices, but finally found a pretty good deal. Now my Deathstar Escape Team is complete :yess:
The only "hero/good guys" in my collection, except for K-2S0... he's just a Security Droid for my Imperials... oh and Jedi Luke.

...aaand the crappy-lit cellphone shot with the boys.

DS.Escape2018.jpg

Thanks again Coco & Cindy :hi5:

How have I not seen this beautiful custom piece yet!?

If it's possible, I'm interested in getting on that list. I'm in no rush at all, but I would love to own one.

Awesome pic, D.R.37! :rock

I’m so glad you guys are liking this. :rock I’d love to see how a water treatment works on the fabric.

The interest list is getting long. I don’t know how many Cindy will actually make or how quickly she’ll get thru them but I’ll continue to add to it until I know for sure she’s done.

Again, no payments will be taken until the dress is bagged and ready to ship. I’ll send a notice that it’s ready and if you need or want to pass it’s not a problem at all. If I don’t hear back or get payment after a day or two I’ll just move on to the next name, again, not a problem at all.

UPDATED

Leia Dress

Mydnyghte (shipped)
FlyandFlight (shipped)
D.R.37 (shipped)
Papasmoak (shipped)
ZE_501 (shipped)
Scifi67 (ready. Waiting on payment)
pjam (ready soon)
drjedisith
Skizzoid
Manannin
Xcuri
rgswff
mah45
Jaymig926
Starfury1984
maru81
Scifi67
DarthAlias
Cavlcade
Talibane
monkeyjedi
Choryujin
DukeFett
Enzo
RyanBlueThunder
Mose Harper
Rkirby98
waterfold
stormtrooper
DarthZevyn
RickP83
choombaz
K1NG J0RDAN
Darth Pakiti
scottjua
maximus _73
Samwise Gamgee
OnTheMarkTexas
maccol
JB24
Jack Bauer
lerath666
Victoria’s Cantina
Deak Starkiller
davidgray1974
TK0083
jaimanstone
Asian Inferno

Thanks Momaw, Coco, Wor-Gar and Papasmoak :duff

Hope to get some proper futzing time this week but wanted to get a quick shot out for the Holidays.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Coco, you deserve a friggen medal! These look fantastic, cost only $85, and a turn around of a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy I got the Yunsil in the end, but frankly, if this was running at the same time, I would have been more than happy to grab one of these. You and Cindy should really be proud! Excellent work, and super professional across the board.

Congrats to everyone who's getting one of these beauty's!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Coco, you deserve a friggen medal! These look fantastic, cost only $85, and a turn around of a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy I got the Yunsil in the end, but frankly, if this was running at the same time, I would have been more than happy to grab one of these. You and Cindy should really be proud! Excellent work, and super professional across the board.

Congrats to everyone who's getting one of these beauty's!

:rock They’re definitely nice for the money. That Yunsil dress looks amazing too. Positives and negatives to both but I’m more than happy with mine from Cindy and am really happy some other Freaks are liking it too.

Cindy has some other projects she needs to attend to while making these so they’ll probably become available a little slower for a while but she’s still going to be working on them.

THANKS, GUYS!!!

UPDATED

Leia Dress

Mydnyghte (shipped)
FlyandFlight (shipped)
D.R.37 (shipped)
Papasmoak (shipped)
ZE_501 (shipped)
Scifi67 (Paid. Shipping soon)
pjam (ready soon)
drjedisith
Skizzoid
Manannin
Xcuri
rgswff
mah45
Starfury1984
maru81
Scifi67
DarthAlias
Cavlcade
Talibane
monkeyjedi
Choryujin
DukeFett
Enzo
RyanBlueThunder
Mose Harper
Rkirby98
waterfold
stormtrooper
DarthZevyn
RickP83
choombaz
K1NG J0RDAN
Darth Pakiti
scottjua
maximus _73
Samwise Gamgee
OnTheMarkTexas
maccol
JB24
Jack Bauer
lerath666
Victoria’s Cantina
Deak Starkiller
davidgray1974
TK0083
jaimanstone
Asian Inferno

Her dress is still damp from the water treatment but I am VERY pleased!
IMG_0335.jpg

I also used a small elastic cord tied around her waist to help the dress keep it's form/shape.

IMG_0340.jpg

Back