1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doubt it. just a fan made rumor that easily gets spread around the web. She will be in Ep VIII. I will bet on that for sure. :)

I read about this, it was reported that the writers were meeting with Kennedy soon to discuss how to handle Leia in both VIII and IX. They could easily add a scene into VIII that would remove her from future films.

My guess - they will try to save a scene or two for ep.9 so she has a presence in the final film. Creative edits, re-writes, CG mouth tweaks... There are ways to make it happen without going full CG.

A friend who edits pointed out to me they have her footage for 8 but there's no telling how much ADR (voice re-recording) she needed to do. This is a common practice because most "live" sound from location shooting is useless. They will probably need a sound-alike to redo at least a portion of her dialogue.

She'll be there, but will her original lines/scenes be included? Do you think they'll leave it all as is without modification?

They will honor Carrie's last performance and not cut her out completely like the article said at the end, thats what i was disagreeing with. But i wouldn't be shocked if they now how to add a death scene that may or may not have been planned. But we dont know if she was to survive Ep8 anyway. So they may need to do re-shoots to change her story at the end of Ep8, but i think they will keep what she shot in it for the most part. To cut her out totally probably wouldn't work if she has significant screen time, like more than TFA.

...so I'm not sure what will end up bothering me more: the stock gown, or the knowledge that I've paid upwards of 200 Australian for doll clothes.

You could always seek out a local doll enthusiast/dressmaker and sound them out as to what they might be able to offer. The Yunsil dress will likely be fantastic, but there's no way I can justify that kind of money for a doll's dress. I have a (very) hard time justifying $250+ for a doll as it is... ;)

Of course, looking locally for a doll enthusiast involves pursuing dolly dresses outside of the safe confines of the 1/6 'boys toys' community. Are you completely secure in your everyday gender identity to risk doing so? ;)

They will honor Carrie's last performance and not cut her out completely like the article said at the end, thats what i was disagreeing with. But i wouldn't be shocked if they now how to add a death scene that may or may not have been planned. But we dont know if she was to survive Ep8 anyway. So they may need to do re-shoots to change her story at the end of Ep8, but i think they will keep what she shot in it for the most part. To cut her out totally probably wouldn't work if she has significant screen time, like more than TFA.

Yep. Absolutely no way that they just cut her out of Episode VIII altogether. They'll honor her last performance indeed. To me, I imagine it's just a matter of whether they decide to film an extra scene that writes her out of the story in this episode and then make alterations to the story line in general for what happens in Episode IX, or perform some CG magic and work her into Episode IX and have the story continue as planned.

Could the old Sideshow Leia figure's dress be a marginal improvement over the Ht one? I never had any of those old hero figures Sideshow did, but often the clothes/accessories on the other old SSC figs I do have are pretty good (a few even as good as HT does today,) though from what I've seen the Sideshow Smuggler Han, Bespin Han and Luke Bespin outfits were way behind HT's later efforts.

Are you completely secure in your everyday gender identity to risk doing so? ;)

tumblr_n64mmsBsAJ1tr38fdo1_500.gif

Could the old Sideshow Leia figure's dress be a marginal improvement over the Ht one? I never had any of those old hero figures Sideshow did, but often the clothes/accessories on the other old SSC figs I do have are pretty good (a few even as good as HT does today,) though from what I've seen the Sideshow Smuggler Han, Bespin Han and Luke Bespin outfits were way behind HT's later efforts.

I don't know, it looks to me like the two dresses are about of the same quality (which doesn't exactly reflect well on HT). Although if the SS dress is made of a different material it might be more susceptible to a water treatment.

I don't know, it looks to me like the two dresses are about of the same quality (which doesn't exactly reflect well on HT). Although if the SS dress is made of a different material it might be more susceptible to a water treatment.
I still have the old ss leia dress some where and a custom one I got a few years ago I will have to find the ss leia dress to see

Heres a question, would you buy an "older" TFA leia........

Or prefer a ESB leia.......

Or a Slave Leia.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heres a question, would you buy an "older" TFA leia........

Or prefer a ESB leia.......

Or a Slave Leia.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YES
all of the above

At the moment my biggest want is "older" Leia as to complete the Force Awakens foursome as the A New Hope Collection

Back