1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I cancelled my order and now, I see your pictures and I feel fine... It's sad, but her clothes are horrible. If I have her now, I would cut her mini skirt or something like this. Although the head sculpt is amazing.
To each their own, I guess. The dress in and of itself is nice, it just ain't accurate. And I don't know what's up with the miniskirt.lol But like I said, I've come to expect this type of stuff from Hot Toys. They're a great figure company, no doubt there, but they make bizarre decisions and take short cuts some times. I'm glad to have the lineup though, and dig the figure a lot. Meh.
For some reason I feel the joints really stick out on Leia, more so than, for example, HT Han Solo. But in your pics they didn't stick out to me.
Ah. This is my first female figure ever, so I didn't know that was an issue. Mine are excellent actually. The pegs lay deep inside the arms and are pretty tight. :)

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Just got my Leia today and I'm really happy with the way she turned out. I thought the mini-skirt issue would bother me but I'm looking at my shelf now and I can't see it at all. I expected to open this figure and be underwhelmed but the exact opposite happened. I love this figure and it looks absolutely awesome next to my Luke and Han.

I was also inspired by KD's "I'm a little teapot" pose. Though not nearly as refined here.

dd6d2242-6422-404d-b221-ae5f03355fff_zpsbc6k1vyc.jpg

Imagine what could have been. . .

nb6sm6X.jpg

To each their own, I guess. The dress in and of itself is nice, it just ain't accurate. And I don't know what's up with the miniskirt.lol But like I said, I've come to expect this type of stuff from Hot Toys. They're a great figure company, no doubt there, but they make bizarre decisions and take short cuts some times. I'm glad to have the lineup though, and dig the figure a lot. Meh.

Ah. This is my first female figure ever, so I didn't know that was an issue. Mine are excellent actually. The pegs lay deep inside the arms and are pretty tight. :)

Yeah, the wrist joints on my Leia seem more embedded than the two other HT female figures I have. And the under-mini-skirt isn't anywhere near as clear for me in-hand as I've seen in pics - maybe it's my lighting.

I do wish there was some wire in the dress/sleeves though. And that hood... is REALLY difficult to work with. It's like the rear wires are in the wrong place to get the back area to sit down properly, so it's more tucking in that controls it, not bending wires.

Ruling the universe as mother and son...

I picked Leia up the other day after forgetting the figure was due to be released.
I was not really excited for this, to be honest, but felt I needed it in the collection.

That said, having put it on display and seen it up close, it's actually a very nice figure.
It's as basic as they come, and works because of its simplicity.

Head sculpt is a good likeness, and the expression, so to speak, carries the character in my opinion.

All said, glad I didn't pass. My Nate did, and I've made a bet with him that he will fold and buy it!!

Yeah, the wrist joints on my Leia seem more embedded than the two other HT female figures I have. And the under-mini-skirt isn't anywhere near as clear for me in-hand as I've seen in pics - maybe it's my lighting.

I do wish there was some wire in the dress/sleeves though. And that hood... is REALLY difficult to work with. It's like the rear wires are in the wrong place to get the back area to sit down properly, so it's more tucking in that controls it, not bending wires.

The wire can be tough to work with. I've seen some people on FB do some great things with it. I wouldn't want any wire in the sleeves though. The picture quality is poor because I didn't feel like taking out my camera so I used my phone but here is mine.

Last edited:

Excellent hood futzing, Fiend!

Sent from the bat cave

This. Those rear wires piss me off!

The wire can be tough to work with. I've seen some people on FB do some great things with it. I wouldn't want any wire in the sleeves though. The picture quality is poor because I didn't feel like taking out my camera so I used my phone but here is mine.

I LOVE this!!! Wish I could do mine half as good!!

I wasn't happy with my original pose, didn't give her any life. I gave her some sass and it worked wonders

Leia2.jpg

I guess I stole a lot of people's poses :lol :lol didn't get mine early enough.

Wanted to see if I could capture some of the nice paint work on the sculpt. If you zoom in too much it looks like she has 5 o'clock shadow all over her face. :lol

DSC_0076-lighter.jpg

Gorgeous!

Had I realized she looked this good in ANH, I wouldn't have had to wait until ROTJ to develop my earth shattering crush on her. Wait, yes I would.

Can someone pose her next to the Bespin Luke... ? Would love to see that combo together see how that looks. Thanks in advance.

Head sculpt is simply AMAZING... but when I see her... I see...

aste-nagusia-2005-2.jpg

I hope HT will release a new clothes design in the next future...

Great pics, everyone! :clap

Like the talk to the hand pose with Kylo Ren, the hand on the hip pose seems to be the most common one with this figure.

Back