1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Well, it doesn't get more iconic than this.

10506911_10152956190752344_510271263586752777_o.jpg

11781774_10152956189997344_2294392667825923298_n.jpg

re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I think the outfit looks a lot better here than it did before. It still may not hang quite the way everyone would like, and is a bit more idealized and luxurious than what she actually wore in the movie, but I still really love the look of it.

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by So Young, Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by Kojun

That was so weird - I was just looking at the TFA SDCC clips and seeing older Carrie as Leia for the first time, then looked at the pics of this figure and thought "so young!" Then I see the sculpt artist's name!:rotfl

This looks like a homerun.:clap

This will be an instant PO. I just hope the final production results are not the same as Matrix--ugh what a soft sculpt that turned out to be.

Was Leia's costume that transparent in the movie?

I recall it being more opaque in the movie. But the materials Hot Toys used for the figure seems to be a somewhat more transparent white.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I am pretty pleased with this figure. I am thinking a definite buy.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Thinking I need to rethink my collecting strategy with the new HT line. I just don't have the cash to get all of the ones I want. So it looks like it will be core heros from ANH. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and Ben. That with my SS R2 and C-3PO I will have to draw the line. Gonna reluctantly cancel my Stormtrooper pre-order. Can't have one trooper without getting Vader and all of the other troopers.

My guess is $219.99, same as the Maria Hill figure.

And for those of you calling it a "doll", I'll refer you to Shorty:

"Hey lady. You call 'em Action Figures!"

shorty1.jpg

Last edited:

If Leia isn't a doll, then I don't know what is.

Show that to anyone not in the hobby and they will say its a doll. Take it on the subway with you and see what looks you get. Go to a construction yard and ask the fellas what you got there. Take it to a party -- no, not you and your friend playing video games, a real party, with girls -- and see what they call it.

I challenge anyone here to take this figure outside into the real world and see what the common person calls it. A doll.

They're *all* dolls.

Don't care if they're dolls or not, personally. But I feel like DX04, for example, is more doll-like than Mark IV which is more action-figure-y.

But for the record I'm fine with dolls, as long as they're cool dolls. :lecture

I challenge anyone here to take this figure outside into the real world and see what the common person calls it. A doll.

That applies to any of our figures.

To many people, technology is also magic - but that doesn't make it so. ;) That said, I've had a mob of people leave a party at someone else's house and drag me back to my place to look at my dolls.

If Leia isn't a doll, then I don't know what is.

Show that to anyone not in the hobby and they will say its a doll. Take it on the subway with you and see what looks you get. Go to a construction yard and ask the fellas what you got there. Take it to a party -- no, not you and your friend playing video games, a real party, with girls -- and see what they call it.

I think it's all about the way you carry yourself when you have the doll with you. Men with dolls can be cool, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Especially if we travel in groups.

large.jpg

Damn, most of those are just normal, the kind you see every day. Except the second from the left. That's just creepy.

^Those are not cool dolls, Talibane. :nono

Back