1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Unfortunately I think HT knows they have a hit on their hands with this one and will charge the usual $219-229.

But that's ok, I'll still happily pay. :)

if its over 200 i am waiting to order with a coupon. if its under ill cave.
Yeah, when I saw dave's post I was going to say that I, too, will happily pay. . .$20 less than that once it becomes coupon eligible.

re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I have enough reward zone points to finally get a free figure. I think this will be my free one :yess:

$199, same price as troopers. That's my final answer. Would love it to be $29 though (you know, roughly 2.5x manufacturing cost ;) ).

Pretty sure if you shaved the head of most "iconic" women in real life people would be unable to tell who it was right away. Silly. Unless you plan to remove the hair.

If you can't tell that's Carrier fisher there's a disease called face blindness...well it's called Prosopagnosia but the other term is shorter and easier to pronounce.

No it's called a generic head sculpt... and actually I think many women would be easily recognizable w/o their hair. It's not like when Sigourney Weaver shaved her head for Alien3 we were all confused :lol

Although my point was more about the iconic hair style she is sporting... you could put that on a pig and we'd know it was "supposed" to be Leia, even though it looks nothing like her.

Pig-Princess-Leia--85797.jpg

No it's called a generic head sculpt... and actually I think many women would be easily recognizable w/o their hair. It's not like when Sigourney Weaver shaved her head for Alien3 we were all confused :lol
C'mon, be serious for a minute. Everyone knows that women all look the same. We couldn't tell one from the other if not for clothing, hair, or jewelry.

So wait. The exclusive is a cardboard display? :lol

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't blacked out because it wasn't done yet and actually have it be a black piece of cardboard.

Yeah, when I saw dave's post I was going to say that I, too, will happily pay. . .$20 less than that once it becomes coupon eligible.

Well yeah, obviously I'll still use the $20 discount on mine. I'm not completely crazy. :p

She looks good to me. I'm guessing she'll be $219 like a lot of female figures. She only has two blasters so I don't see her being much more considering the prices on the other Star Wars figures.

So is the backdrop going to be the chasm scene?

Looks good to me. That is Hot Toys best Star Wars likeness yet, I don't see how people could have a problem with that headsculp. It blows the other ones away.

The cardboard exclusive is funny. I'm going to predict this will be $219-$229, which is insane for this barebones figure, but seems about right after Scarlet Wtich and Maria Hill.

We will probably never see a HT figure under $200 again with the NRD on figures $200 and up.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

We will probably never see a HT figure under $200 again with the NRD on figures $200 and up.

You're likely correct, which is why I'm glad I can count the figures that I feel I really want left on 1 hand. The 1/6 portion of what I display is darn near complete.
Makes these prices a tad easier to swallow when I know the end is that close. If I was just starting......phew. Glad I'm not.

HTs promo photos never seem to do their figures justice. They always look better in hand. I think they light the photos too much, and it washes out sculpt details.

Tell that to the folks who bought the HT John Matrix Commando...

You're likely correct, which is why I'm glad I can count the figures that I feel I really want left on 1 hand. The 1/6 portion of what I display is darn near complete.
Makes these prices a tad easier to swallow when I know the end is that close. If I was just starting......phew. Glad I'm not.

Same here! :duff

Saw a pic that this was HKD1,280. Which comes to around $165 USD. How much of a mark up gents?

I call. What do you got.

Back