1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

oi5get.jpg

I think I've worked out where the major problem is with this piece, for me at least. If we look at the sculpt in isolation, even the outfit doesn't detract enough for me to not accept that what I'm seeing is Leia or a human per se.

Where this piece falls over and we have the disconnect is purely down to the hands, this is what stops our minds from accepting it as a humanoid figure as opposed to a barbie.

Which is what those hands look like.

23r5t2t.jpg

re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

not bad. The dress is definitely better than the SSC one. if its under $200 i'll probably jump on it.

Everything looks the same as Sideshow's except for the head.

Yep, I posted earlier that I could see myself picking up a loose head sculpt and plopping it on my SS Leia.

And by the way, she's going to be posed loading the Death Star plans / recording the message to Obi-Won into R2... ;)

P.S. After further review, that dress needs some heavy duty fabric softner...

(about 3 weeks of soaking...)

its probably just the stand making it look a bit weird.

Well, this one looks definitely better than Sideshow's.
Not sure if enough so to warrant a purchase, but I'm looking forward to more pics once it gets released.

I'm more worried about the scale - is it really 1/6? :wink1:

I don't know, with the way Han got tweaked (in my opinion for the worse), part of me is kinda hoping they don't do anything more with this. I could easily be happy with the figure as it is now, and who knows what the updated version may look like.
Tweaks are a mixed bag, for sure. Solo's I think did get closer to Ford but further from the character. Maybe it is best at this point that we accept it as-is and not pine for changes.

I think the head sculpt is at least 90% likeness to Fisher. I'm really happy with it. Bring on the preorder!

Definitely the best 1:6 Leia yet.

If not for Andy Bergholtz's first 1:4 Leia from Sideshow, she'd be the best across the board.

I'm more worried about the scale - is it really 1/6? :wink1:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That would depend if you got her dimension from wookiepedia or some other non-official sites.... :wink1:

looks good to me. Hope it isn't too expensive.

OH HOW I LOVE DOLLS

lolz.

I'll get her just to crouch her in front of my R2. Wasn't planning on getting her, but she looks good IMO. Hands could use improvement as mentioned, I'm sure the dress will definitely be improved. But I like the face sculpt. I bet it looks better in hand. she'll do well as my single Leia figure until we get slave leia :D

Absolutely sold on this one. The sculpt is fine for me as it is. I know they'll tweak it even further, though hopefully not a step back, like Han.

The hands are whatever, but the I do hope the material on the dress is changed. It looks to similar to the material on the original SSC figure, which is pretty awful.

Its alright. Not spectacular but serviceable.

Always thought ESB Leia in the first half of the movie was the prettiest. Hopefully that will come out one day.

Think I'll just wait for TA to part out the head and upgrade my existing low-rent Sideshow one.

looks great. Price should be below 200 usd.

Back