1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I'm digging it a lot. Bring on the PO.

re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

How can people be impressed? This character design is boring and generic. This is why I didn't care for this figure. I'm not going to pay $200 for such a simple costume design. It was never exciting back then so why would it be impressive today?

It's not a great likeness, but I'm still liking it a whole lot more than the Han and Obi-Wan sculpts. It may be off, but not in a weird and distracting way like those ones are.

They are still using the same inaccurate fabric on her dress that SS did. Buns look good though. ;)

So who is that now? :lol Great looking figure aside from zero likeness to Carrie Fisher :lol

EDIT- Top image is a bit better, but still not the greatest :lol

Yeah, I'm afraid the likeness may be "too far" off. Looks like HT got a lot of tweaking to do.

I'll wait to see what else she comes with. a Blaster and thats it? A little light.

Hopefully the sculpt is a little better.

And maybe its the futzing on the dress, but she looks like she is wearing a napkin

So who is that now? :lol Great looking figure aside from zero likeness to Carrie Fisher :lol

That's Princess Leiugh :lol

b7ed9c3bgw1etw9s3f8bjj20k00qogng.jpg

b7ed9c3bgw1etw9s8pt36j20k00qowfk.jpg

b7ed9c3bgw1etw9soypd8j20k00qowfj.jpg

b7ed9c3bgw1etw9sqcg3rj20k00qojsz.jpg

b7ed9c3bgw1etw9ssdnrjj20k00qoq4g.jpg

b7ed9c3bgw1etw9szy8nkj20k00qowfv.jpg

b7ed9c3bgw1etw9t1kxbfj20k00qojsp.jpg

Guess we know what the hood attachment is for now

A few of those close ups do look better... but still.

Hopefully she ends up being a fairly inexpensive figure... but I think we all know that won't be the case.

If they really want to screw with us they will have a 2pack option with the Luke Stormtrooper and make some crazy exclusive part of the deal if you buy both :lol

Dang, that is a little disappointing. Fabric is bad and I was hoping for a really strong Fisher likeness with Leia. While there's still a lot to like, it kinda bums me out that Avengers Maria Hill seems to be a dead ringer for the actress, while Leia is another example of a figure being a very good character representation.

A few of those close ups do look better... but still.
Yeah, true. My comments were made under the influence of the old pics and not these ones, haha. Hope by production we do end up with something closer in both headsculpt and dress. I'm pretty much down for this iteration, though. This is the one and only Leia I need in my collection.

Last edited:

Jeez that dress material is just terrible.

Other than the sculpt that's all they had to worry about to get right. What's the problem over there?

By far the better likeness is in this angle of the shots so far, I really wanted this Hot Toy line to draw me in but so far only the Chewie is looking like a certainty. They'll have to do plenty of tweaking to get me over the line for this and Han et al.

b7ed9c3bgw1etw9sqcg3rj20k00qojsz.jpg

Yeah, true. My comments were made under the influence of the old pics and not these ones, haha. Hope by production we do end up with something closer in both headsculpt and dress. I'm pretty much down for this iteration, though. This is the one and only Leia I need in my collection.

I don't know, with the way Han got tweaked (in my opinion for the worse), part of me is kinda hoping they don't do anything more with this. I could easily be happy with the figure as it is now, and who knows what the updated version may look like.

Sculpt is spot on. Her dress is prototype stuff so I'm not going to get worked up over it.

Pre-order form please.

Everything looks the same as Sideshow's except for the head.

Back