1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have a hard time seeing that as Han myself. And it's not just because of the stubble.

I agree! It's very close to HF but still not quite accurate because the face is too long and would definitely not pass as Han Solo in my opinion.

I agree. However, I do think it looks like Solo when in Hoth Gear.

attachment-1.jpg

Manimal!

View attachment 393355
View attachment 393356

This one is an older Ford but I do really like it. $35 too.. that's close to bootleg head pricing. Shame it's a smidge too big.

I think I saw someone update their SSC Hoth Han with this and it looked superb.

View attachment 393371

This is just a screen grab of a video by the way... but I think even moving back on the body it still looks a tad too big. It doesn't work as well on the ANH body for me as he's obviously older in the sculpt but something like this for Hoth or a Bespin custom would be great. Hell... if we get a Bespin Han and the sculpt doesn't work for some reason I'd be tempted to give this one a go.

Wow... Not sure why there's a second one there... can't seem to delete it.

Well saved me $30; I was gonna order one of those but yeah pretty noticeable.

Looks great in that first shot, straight on with some shadows like that. Definitely one of the better shots I've seen of it. Is that the Jnix paint?

Looks good and the eyes look better than what Jnix had painted. OB-Wan looks too tanned or embarrassed though

Looks good and the eyes look better than what Jnix had painted. OB-Wan looks too tanned or embarrassed though

Obi-Wan was painted by Jnix himself, so not quite up to the standards that Mark Simpson has set on some of my other Jnix sculpts.

And the "embarrassed" look is due to the fact that the head seems to want to tip forward, as it also has the weight of the sculpted neck dragging it down. I need to try and find a way of keeping it more upright!!

How is this figure holding up now days? Looking to add a Luke to my collection and would like to get this or the new RotJ version.

He’s going for around 200-250 on evil bay which is around what I’d pay for the new RotJ version.

RotJ has a cooler look and (hopefully)better sculpt. Whereas ANH Luke has awesome accessories but a head sculpt that leaves something to be desired (at least according to posts on here).

Thoughts?

Also any chance the do another episode IV version down the line?

(New to the star wars world usually collect marvel)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of my favourite figures, has that iconic classic feel displayed in my collection.

How is this figure holding up now days? Looking to add a Luke to my collection and would like to get this or the new RotJ version.

He’s going for around 200-250 on evil bay which is around what I’d pay for the new RotJ version.

RotJ has a cooler look and (hopefully)better sculpt. Whereas ANH Luke has awesome accessories but a head sculpt that leaves something to be desired (at least according to posts on here).

Thoughts?

I'm waiting on an X-Wing pilot version from Hot Toys. No announcement yet but it's inevitable.

Sideshow's X-Wing Luke was good but priced way too high for a so-so head sculpt and almost no accessories.

Thoughts?

I wish some of the custom sculptors would re-tackle this head and nail it. It's a shame as I want an ANH Luke SUPER badly, but I can't with any of the heads available.

IMG_1466.jpg

Maybe I'm just less discerning than you guys but I love this figure. I think the headsculpt is good, not perfect, but I still enjoy seeing it every day. I put these other accessories on for the first time recently after having him in the same pose for a long time. I don't really see them redoing an ANH Luke anytime soon other than a Pilot Luke. They gave him so many accessories with this one. If the first one was barebones they could have done another one with a new head and the accessories, but I don't really see it happening.

View attachment 401597

Maybe I'm just less discerning than you guys but I love this figure. I think the headsculpt is good, not perfect, but I still enjoy seeing it every day. I put these other accessories on for the first time recently after having him in the same pose for a long time. I don't really see them redoing an ANH Luke anytime soon other than a Pilot Luke. They gave him so many accessories with this one. If the first one was barebones they could have done another one with a new head and the accessories, but I don't really see it happening.

Thanks for all the replies, I went ahead and nabed one on evilbay. I think I would be kicking myself down the line if I didn't have ANH version of him (still getting the RoTJ version too).

Now just to decide if i need ANH Leia as well or if I can just be happy with my new Hoth version!

Thanks for all the replies, I went ahead and nabed one on evilbay. I think I would be kicking myself down the line if I didn't have ANH version of him (still getting the RoTJ version too).

Now just to decide if i need ANH Leia as well or if I can just be happy with my new Hoth version!

Congrats; I got lucky when I decided to start collecting HT. I bought almost all of them on eBay with 8-10% eBay bucks a year and a half to two years ago. I bought Leia a few months before Fisher died for $170 shipped. At the time I didn't have to overpay for anything except the Stormtroopers set.

Congrats; I got lucky when I decided to start collecting HT. I bought almost all of them on eBay with 8-10% eBay bucks a year and a half to two years ago. I bought Leia a few months before Fisher died for $170 shipped. At the time I didn't have to overpay for anything except the Stormtroopers set.

Yeah, I've been collecting marvel stuff for a while, and recently decided to expand my "Villains Only" star wars approach and get some OT hero figures... just sucks I came in a little late. The Leia figure did really shoot up after she died unfortunately but at least its not as bad as Doctor Strange haha.

Yeah, I've been collecting marvel stuff for a while, and recently decided to expand my "Villains Only" star wars approach and get some OT hero figures... just sucks I came in a little late. The Leia figure did really shoot up after she died unfortunately but at least its not as bad as Doctor Strange haha.

Yeah I will be feeling the pain at some point when I want to get into Marvel haha. I'm taking it slow right now, just getting Spider-Man so far. I am probably going to get the Iron Man and Gantry, so I won't pay aftermarket, but I'll still need a Cap and Thor at least. I will not be buying a Dr. Strange at those prices haha, they're nuts.

Back