1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads look same to me, maybe its the lighting. :dunno

I thought HT would just use the same head for both, kudos for them for not going the easy route. I might grab this now and have Luke and the eventual Han posed together with the Imperial Droid.

I really do prefer the stormtrooper Luke paint better. Don't want the full figure, but I might drop the cash for the head once its parted out on ebay. Probably gonna be $70.

You'd think they'd make them both exactly the same (single production line) when these things finally start to be produced.

They won't be as detailed as that proto, because thats a JC Hong handpainted ver. The factory produced ones will probably be quite similar I think, just the eye positions that will be different.

11012905_937518826312434_3635425763147777532_n.jpg

Put some golden blonde highlights in his hair.

You're kidding right? :lol

Yeah I was making a joke, but it's honestly how I feel about the sculpt. I think the sculpt stinks. Big time. It looks super realistic, but a bad Hamill. I'll be picking up SSC's Pilot Luke head sculpt in prep for this figure later in the year - unless it's destroyed in production (which I don't expect). Still not "perfect" but worlds better than this.

HT has produced one good human SW sculpt so far - Leia. I don't need another DX05 Indiana Jones head sculpt in my collection, especially since I'm retiring that one and replacing it with Inigo's beautiful rendition.

Yeah I was making a joke, but it's honestly how I feel about the sculpt. I think the sculpt stinks. Big time. It looks super realistic, but a bad Hamill. I'll be picking up SSC's Pilot Luke head sculpt in prep for this figure later in the year - unless it's destroyed in production (which I don't expect). Still not "perfect" but worlds better than this.

HT has produced one good human SW sculpt so far - Leia. I don't need another DX05 Indiana Jones head sculpt in my collection, especially since I'm retiring that one and replacing it with Inigo's beautiful rendition.
Interesting... See, I'm planning to do the opposite. I want to use the head from Stormtrooper disguise Luke for Sideshow's X-Wing figure. No way he comes out looking as good as the proto, and he won't have that realism to him.

I wouldn't compare the new Han sculpt to the DX05. If I did though I would say the new sculpt is lightspeed ahead of that terrible piece of work.

And here I thought this was a really good Mark Hamill....

You mean DX07? If so, this is lightspeed ahead of that too. :D

No, I mean DX05 - like I don't need another head sculpt that doesn't look like the actor. Yeah, DX07 is no peach either in the face department. Great figure, butter face.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that thinks it looks amazing. I don't see how it could look any more like Mark Hamill from ANH. :dunno

I don't see how it could look any more like Mark Hamill from ANH. :dunno

Some people said the very same thing about DX07. Anyway, it's just money, and if I need to unload the head sculpt, I'm sure it will cover the cost of its replacement.

Fair enough. :) I might cancel my spacetrooper for this but I'd really like to see a pic with the helmet on first.

Back