1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, this AND Vader coming the same time?

Oh man, guess I better get on ordering this one.

Looks good to me...

View attachment 223299

My only complaint is that they used the wrong lightsaber. This is the ESB lightsaber with rivets on the grips and an extra red knob replacing the clear glass lens. It's kind of a major oversight for such an iconic property.

Screenshot_2015-11-14-05-53-08-1.jpg
Not mine. Insane looking dio

Obi-wan and Darth Maul? Easily the highlight of the whole PT for me.

Yeah that's maybe the only duel I really like from start to finish. The others range from silly to exhausting.

I agree with you both. I always hated the yoda/dooku fight. Obi and vader is good but its too much. Spinning the sabers in eachothers face for no reason, swinging from cables like tarzan. Like come on already lol. Luke vs vader kicks all kinds of ass and hes just swinging it like a bat nothing fancy and it works

I agree with you both. I always hated the yoda/dooku fight. Obi and vader is good but its too much. Spinning the sabers in eachothers face for no reason, swinging from cables like tarzan. Like come on already lol. Luke vs vader kicks all kinds of ass and hes just swinging it like a bat nothing fancy and it works

There's also a bunch of tension/emotion in the OT duels that's lacking in the PT. The PT duels throw all sorts of obstacles in, but it rarely feels like the heroes are in any real danger (that could also be an editing issue). I absolutely loved the tension they built into the Maul duel with those red energy gates. Obi-wan/Anakin should've been one of the best duels of the series, and the highlight is the end when the actors get to act (by which I really just mean Ewan McGregor).

Yeah one of the problems in the PT duels is you almost always know who lives going into them. So there's never a sense of danger even on the first viewing which I think does even effect later viewings. The only character they built up somewhat well was Qui Gon, but both him and Maul were killed off too early if you ask me. I would have liked to see their deaths held over to later points in the trilogy where they could have even more impact.

Probably one of the toughest challenges for any prequel where the outcome is somewhat known is keeping some mystery and tension and as these are life or death Lightsaber battles there needs to be some tension uncertainty about the outcomes for them to be effective. And as you said the only emotion ends up in that Maul duel and the Anakin/Obi duel.

Back