1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revisit as in start over from scratch. That thing is pretty bad. I have the Han and its amazing but I passed on Luke. Obi Wan needed better paint which cost more that I was willing to put into it.

Yes start from scratch.

I also have the Han and Obi, and both and fantastic. I see what you're saying about the paint, but while I can deal with that, the sculpt on Luke... NO one has gotten right. HT Jedi Luke comes in close to the best so far, but I want ANH Luke.

Yes start from scratch.

I also have the Han and Obi, and both and fantastic. I see what you're saying about the paint, but while I can deal with that, the sculpt on Luke... NO one has gotten right. HT Jedi Luke comes in close to the best so far, but I want ANH Luke.

In total agreement start to finish. Maybe we need to get something going in the customs interest board.

Has anyone tried putting the Enterbay Medicom Ultimate Unison Luke hairpiece onto the Hot Toys ANH Luke head? The conehead appearance just kills it but with a better hairpiece I think it would look a lot better.

It won't fit unless you heat up the medi hair piece and shave down the HT head. The medi head is a lot skinnier than the HT. The Red 5 hair fits though.
160a054850338abd6daebec3eb2f98b8.jpg

6ebded0dd54a8ad67d80acd21ac56658.jpg

fcdd4230ba5a953be5e0c41d156e454e.jpg

09afacb09455639b8684e9339ab396e5.jpg

f30b92b5f076f546edc0f20a8fa68ec2.jpg

Had the chance to pick this up at a toy consignment store in my area for pretty cheap, but after getting a close up look at the head (and seeing that way too short tunic), I just could not make myself do it.

Thanks for your reply Jim. The Medicom Luke head actually looks wider in that side by side comparison photo. Have you tried to fit it onto the HT bald head or is it not possible to do it without the mods that you mentioned?
The Red 5 hair looks great. I wish someone was selling just the head so I could pick that up without going to the expense of buying the whole figure just for the hair piece. LOL.

Which tunic is considered to be the best for ANH Luke?
Hasbro,
Sideshow,
Medicom / Enterbay
Hot Toys?
I was thinking of using the Hasbro pants on my figure because the sandy color looks a lot better than the colour HT picked. The real pants were definitely more yellow/ sandy colored compared to what HT picked. I think Hamill was wearing some different pants in the publicity photos that were taken after filming was completed because the original pants were probably returned to Bermans and Nathans Costumers due to most of the costume parts being rented for the movie rather than owned by Lucasfilm.

Thanks for your reply Jim. The Medicom Luke head actually looks wider in that side by side comparison photo. Have you tried to fit it onto the HT bald head or is it not possible to do it without the mods that you mentioned?
The Red 5 hair looks great. I wish someone was selling just the head so I could pick that up without going to the expense of buying the whole figure just for the hair piece. LOL.

https://toyanxiety.com/luke-skywalker-x-wing-pilot-head-w-interchangeable-hair-see-note-limit-1/

Hasbro,
Sideshow,
Medicom / Enterbay
Hot Toys?
I was thinking of using the Hasbro pants on my figure because the sandy color looks a lot better than the colour HT picked. The real pants were definitely more yellow/ sandy colored compared to what HT picked. I think Hamill was wearing some different pants in the publicity photos that were taken after filming was completed because the original pants were probably returned to Bermans and Nathans Costumers due to most of the costume parts being rented for the movie rather than owned by Lucasfilm.

I like the Sideshow one best.

Last edited:
Just got the Red 5 hairpiece from Toy Anxiety and thinks it helps A LOT with the likeness. VERY pleased with how this looks now. Thanks again Jim for the heads up on the availability of that hairpiece.

20170930_145602.jpg

20170930_095738.jpg

Attachments

• 20170930_085757.jpg
    20170930_085757.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Hasbro,
Sideshow,
Medicom / Enterbay
Hot Toys?

Yeah, I used Hasbro gear. The HT tunic is way too short and hangs strangely, and the HT pants are the wrong color. It really improves the look of the figure to me. The tunic especially is something that throws the figure off as much as the copper helmet to me.

Just got the Red 5 hairpiece from Toy Anxiety and thinks it helps A LOT with the likeness. VERY pleased with how this looks now. Thanks again Jim for the heads up on the availability of that hairpiece.

Did you buy the hairpiece separately, or did you have to buy the whole head?

I'm not a fan of the HT copper helmet hair and the SSC Luke X hairpiece looks a little better from a distance, but the hairsculpt on both the SSC Luke X and the SSC Luke Snowspeeder are shallow, simplistic sculpts compared to HT (the ANH or ESB Luke as examples) to me - the Luke X more so than the Snowspeeder version.

Maybe the SSC hairsculpts were overpainted and this covered up some of the sculpt detail.

I'm not a fan of the HT copper helmet hair and the SSC Luke X hairpiece looks a little better from a distance, but the hairsculpt on both the SSC Luke X and the SSC Luke Snowspeeder are shallow, simplistic sculpts compared to HT (the ANH or ESB Luke as examples) to me - the Luke X more so than the Snowspeeder version.

Maybe the SSC hairsculpts were overpainted and this covered up some of the sculpt detail.

You could always go the mullet look like Han has here.....

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 13.24.59.jpg

I just picked up the Hasbro outfit and put them on my HT farm boy luke. it does look better even the Hasbro tunic looks better . it`s sad a cheap looking Hasbro outfit can look better then a high end outfit. try to take a pick in the morning.

Back