1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the plan.

that costume, hot toys han's boots...

I've been sitting on putting together my Yavin/Ceremonial Luke for a while now. I have an extra HT Farmboy Luke and the SS Yavin outfit, but haven't felt good about a boot option. I think Han's Boots are too tall. Anyone have any other suggestions for boots? I would like a fabric boot like Han's if possible just not as tall.

I've been sitting on putting together my Yavin/Ceremonial Luke for a while now. I have an extra HT Farmboy Luke and the SS Yavin outfit, but haven't felt good about a boot option. I think Han's Boots are too tall. Anyone have any other suggestions for boots? I would like a fabric boot like Han's if possible just not as tall.

looks fine to me?

97001ef254994a960abdcab969f72f9e.jpg

:confused:

Maybe I wasn't clear. I am wondering if the boots on HT Han Solo are too tall when used on HT Farmboy Luke with SS Yavin clothes. Here is a picture of, I think JediJim's custom...
1451666758.854601.jpg

Hard to tell with legs straight, but I think I have seen some picture with the knees bent on some figures which make the boots being a bit too tall more obvious. I could be wrong, and I am happy to be wrong because Han's boots would be a simple solution.

Hmm.. I'll have to wait and see it in hand. Follow up question. Anyone have any experience with those ko Luke heads all over ebay?

Yeah I have. It's fine in fact the one that I have is pretty good compared to the original HT head sculpt. I'll post some comparison pics if you want?

sure :) does it need any modification to fit a neck? or does it come ready to go as far as putting it on a body?

Hey Lerath666 Here are the comparison shots for you. The KO head sculpt on the left and the HT one on the right. As you can see no mod is needed to fit the HT neck ball joints.
IMG_1335.jpg
IMG_1336.jpg
IMG_1337.jpg

I seem to remember someone saying the size difference on the knock-off HT Han head is even more noticeable than on the Luke (though you can clearly see the knock off Luke is undersized, despite the finish being quite good.)

Does anyone have a side-by-side of the HT Han and knock-off Han?

Enteresting.... It clearly is undersized....

It's a real word of warning for everyone about these eBay knock-off heads. And they aren't cheap - most of the Hans and Lukes seem to be around $40 incl shipping, a big step up from what seems to be the knock-off average of $20 to $30.

It's a real word of warning for everyone about these eBay knock-off heads. And they aren't cheap - most of the Hans and Lukes seem to be around $40 incl shipping, a big step up from what seems to be the knock-off average of $20 to $30.

That's true the size of the KO head sculpt is smaller than the HT original. However it doesn't look bad actually on the body and I would say in it's defence although the paint apps aren't up to HT standards, they are far superior to any sideshow head sculpt paint apps to date. My SSC Luke X-Wing head sculpt looks very inferior against this KO Luke Head sculpt. It really does make you wonder how SSC can get this proceedure so wrong on there figures :dunno

I might* have just gone into forbidden planet in Liverpool and bought luke skywalker.

*Have.Husband has rolled his eyes but I have bought him a boba tshirt to shut him up.

Here's a half arsed pic before he goes back in the box.The whole house is being decorated soon so I'm not chancing Luke or Rey getting damaged.
be15875d156900bd9845e4e89a5c9111.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wonder why they changed the hair sculpt for this figure when they went into production with it? The hair on the proto look much fuller and much better IMO
image.jpg

They changed everything. The pic above is the main reason so many people are so unsatisfied with the production figure. It's not that the production sculpt is that bad (although a bunch of people are about to jump in and say it is, lol), it's mainly because the proto was so breathtakingly good (though we may have to redefine that after we see the painted Jnix effort) and what we got fell so short of its example.

Back