1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johan1.jpg

This better be her hair throughout... I love it.

She has sported the best hairstyles in the CA movies.

Yeah thats why i am really tempted to get that head off ebay as i like the long hair look. That way in case i dont like the stock head i can switch out. Well i just canceled john matrix and got this instead, hope she comes out soon.

Yeah thats why i am really tempted to get that head off ebay as i like the long hair look. That way in case i dont like the stock head i can switch out. Well i just canceled john matrix and got this instead, hope she comes out soon.

Definitely what i'm going to be doing as well. I really wonder what her suit is gonna look like too.

Ok so far my avenger team is: aou cap, mk43, and aou black widow whenever she gets shipped. I will get hulk, nick fury and scarlet witch. That will be my setup.

well it looks better than the AOU head though right, i like the longer hair too though i am not sure how it will look on the body of the aou. Like if the head will be too big or the neck too short. :dunno

The TWS head is the same as the AoU head; it's just a different paint job and hair style. So it'll fit on the AoU figure just fine. The bootleg should work the same way too.

The TWS head is the same as the AoU head; it's just a different paint job and hair style. So it'll fit on the AoU figure just fine. The bootleg should work the same way too.

Cool though not so much the neck i was worried about but how the hair would look at shoulder length against the AOU collar area.

All the way back to IM2:
1994855-iron_man_2_natalie_wide_560x280.jpg

:exactly:

Gotta' completely agree. To me, not only did "Natalie Rushman" have the best hair but Scarlet was in the best shape for Iron Man 2. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that she didn't look great in all of the other films but Iron Man 2 just had the complete package. I was watching it last month I think on FX and the scene were Nick Fury is sitting with Tony in the Donut Shop, how he fit in the booth in the IM suit amazes me, they show Black Widow in full SHIELD uniform walking towards them from behind. She was in such great shape and with the long, luscious hair it brought it all together.

16438.jpg
scarlett_johansson_black_widow_outfit12.jpg
blackwidow.jpg

Now that think about it maybe Hot Toys should re-visit the Iron Man 2 look since they've gotten much better at doing female figures.

Last edited:
:exactly:

Gotta' completely agree. To me, not only did "Natalie Rushman" have the best hair but Scarlet was in the best shape for Iron Man 2. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that she didn't look great in all of the other films but Iron Man 2 just had the complete package. I was watching it last month I think on FX and the scene were Nick Fury is sitting with Tony in the Donut Shop, how he fit in the booth in the IM suit amazes me, they show Black Widow in full SHIELD uniform walking towards them from behind. She was in such great shape and with the long, luscious hair it brought it all together.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Now that think about it maybe Hot Toys should re-visit the Iron Man 2 look since they've gotten much better at doing female figures.

Definitely wouldn't be averse to this. Being that on her IM2 figure, I felt they made her rear end and her..well you know..way too big. :lol

Definitely wouldn't be averse to this. Being that on her IM2 figure, I felt they made her rear end and her..well you know..way too big. :lol

Amen. Not only is the figure too tall, too big in the sweet spots but her head is too large. I think Phicen has the tallest female figures on the market know and even the IM2 Black Widow's head is too big for their figures. Oh, and the suit is cracking, too.

Since when :tap

Well let's say they've gotten better at certain aspects. The body they developed for the Avengers BW was much more accurate and realistic in look and proportions. The sarin hair vs sculpted will always be a hot topic and I think the face sculpts overall have been pretty consistent. I mean, I was looking at Gamora the other day and I have to admit I'm pretty happy with her. I still think the Avengers BW is the best Scarlet they've done so far.

Well let's say they've gotten better at certain aspects. The body they developed for the Avengers BW was much more accurate and realistic in look and proportions. The sarin hair vs sculpted will always be a hot topic and I think the face sculpts overall have been pretty consistent. I mean, I was looking at Gamora the other day and I have to admit I'm pretty happy with her. I still think the Avengers BW is the best Scarlet they've done so far.

Oh yeah I totally agree, just funnin ya!

I just think they need to get better bodies. Gamora is very nice but I'd like to see them tackle Sif and Peggy Carter and get the proportions right. Not all women have pencil arms and necks :gah: I just wish they would tailor the body to fit the character where it counts. I really like the Gamora HS too :duff

and yeah Avengers Widow imo is the best likeness, TWS Widow is also pretty close

Oh yeah I totally agree, just funnin ya!

I just think they need to get better bodies. Gamora is very nice but I'd like to see them tackle Sif and Peggy Carter and get the proportions right. Not all women have pencil arms and necks :gah: I just wish they would tailor the body to fit the character where it counts. I really like the Gamora HS too :duff

and yeah Avengers Widow imo is the best likeness, TWS Widow is also pretty close

Hah! You're right. The aforementioned Phicen has many different body types and it would be nice if Hot Toys was a little more diversified. The Avengers BW body may be their best but it really should only be used for Black Widow figures. They used it for Gamora and as nice as it looks it is too shapely as Zoe Saldana has a thinner frame. They should have made a thinner model for characters like Gamora, Alice, Ada Wong, Baby Doll and Pepper Potts to name a few. They used the bigger IM2 body for Jill Valentine, Saeko and Amber when they all could be using a modified version of the Avengers body. Maleficent should have a unique body that could be used for like a Lara Croft or Jean Grey and definitely Selena Kyle and Penelope Cruz. Not to sound sexist but I can go all day discussing women's body types; it's an interesting topic.

Back