1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In regards to peeling.

It's a mixture of both the skin and the camo - it's mainly the skin, leaving a lighter shade behind. And the black camo is part of the skin tone paint job. I feel the more it's touched or brushed against the fabric, the worse it's going to get. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this damage from spreading? Maybe a thin coat of sealer or something. Shouldn't have to resort to such means though...

Does anyone know of a way to prevent this damage from spreading?
firing HT rubber engineers :D

140225-nuke-it.jpg

I'm disappointed with this fig.
But what you're predicting Sir, will flat out cause me to blow up a small country predator style in anger and defeat.

That's one they NEED to get right!!

I want a high end accurate Dutch as well, probably more than Matrix... but at this point I guess I'll never own Matrix since I'm not buying something with such an ugly head and a flaky body.

as somebody said, we won't see a good Schwarzenegger sculpt from HT until EB do it first.

I haven't been impressed with their two attempts to say the least.

Last edited:
I wish I had known about the peeling before I reordered with a coupon and paid the deposit last week. I've been busy and haven't been in the forum much so I just found out about the latest QC fiasco. No way am I buying a $250 figure that is peeling immediately out of the box. Seriously wtf Hot Toys??

i just went back 25 pages on this thread, and i see no pics or videos of any examples of this Figure peeling , anyone care to share pics or videos of it ?

I want a high end accurate Dutch as well, probably more than Matrix... but at this point I guess I'll never own Matrix since I'm not buying something with such an ugly head and a flaky body.

I haven't been impressed with their two attempts to say the least.

You mean Hot Toys 'latest' 2 attempts? Or Enterbay's 2 attempts? Enterbay's clean T-800 isn't great but their BD one is incredible. That Scuderia fella pretty much nailed it on his first go and yet was never given a shot to perfect a semi-BD sculpt or a clean version. Meanwhile, at Hot Toys.....:rolleyes2

In regards to peeling.

It's a mixture of both the skin and the camo - it's mainly the skin, leaving a lighter shade behind. And the black camo is part of the skin tone paint job. I feel the more it's touched or brushed against the fabric, the worse it's going to get. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this damage from spreading? Maybe a thin coat of sealer or something. Shouldn't have to resort to such means though...

Brilliant. :slap

i just went back 25 pages on this thread, and i see no pics or videos of any examples of this Figure peeling , anyone care to share pics or videos of it ?
I would like to see this as well.

My last flex payment is coming up and I'm kind of dreading it now.

Jeez, after a look around the customs section and other unlicensed Arnie figures in the general section here, seems like no one is really able to nail Arnie's likeness down in this scale. Hot Toys, unfortunately, really is the best. At painting too.

Hot toys can nail his likeness. The proto type showed that. They can just really **** it up too.
I want that proto head quality!
....For a perfect Dutch 2.0
With a perfect non rubber body....
In a perfect world....
(Sigh)

One person making a comment about it = global spread.

Look, it doesn't sound good, but it depends on what you want to do with your figure... I have no interest in him being an expensive 'Action Man'... he is posed WITH vest on (vest stain isn't an issue) without strain on the arms (hopefully rubber cracking isn't an issue), and won't be moved or played with (see previous)...

Back