1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol oh man! I was looking at that pic for the longest of time thinking "what the hell is wrong with Arnie"? until I realised it's a flipped image... :lol

78552_full.jpg

I'm in Los Angeles and i got this email just now from sideshow ,

Your pre-order of the John Matrix - Commando - Sixth Scale Figure (Hot Toys) (902306) is expected into our U.S. warehouse in approximately 3-5 weeks. The anticipated arrival window has been expanded due to significant delays at the Port of Long Beach caused by the dock worker contract negotiations. Be advised that you will receive a separate e-mail that will include the date that your item is due to be processed and charged.

:slap

Just checked my finances... Had to buy a suit for weddings so lost the money I was holding back for this guy.
*Sob sniff!

I got mine yesterday and the face could be better but was still pretty good. The body looked a lot better than I had thought looking at pictures. I didn't look/feel as puny as it does in all the pictures. So I have mixed feelings, it is lacking but in the end I couldn't live with not having it. I'm Hot Toys favorite type of customer I guess. :(

I will say that the Police shootout Terminator MMS238 is way worse than this figure directly out of the box. A lot of the problems with that one are fixable though, there are some really good examples in the MMS238 thread. But what more can you do about the Matrix head (a problem shared with the MMS238) and rubber body body that might crack if posed, and possible staining and paint rub when wearing the vest? Not much.

Unfortunately there was a small scratch on the throat in the camo paint on mine. Looks like the plastic piece that's always there in HT packaging to hold the figure and protect the head has rubbed off the paint. There was a soft foam underneath the plastic piece but still it rubbed the paint.

It is a small scratch so I don't know if it will be worth the trouble trying to get a replacement body, since I got it from HK via Ebay (toys4kidults). Has anyone tried getting replacements from them?

Since the paint is supposed to be so easily rubbed off I might try to smear it over the small scratched area instead. I haven't decided yet as I haven't even tried putting on the vest and stuff. It might turn out to be even harder to spot when all the gear is on the body.

thank you good sir(s). :wave

tell me about it. in Finland I'm no stranger to taxes. I think overall I'll be paying taxes+ups-fees about 100€ on top of the salesprice+shipping. :monkey4

Sideshow stated that it has begun shipment to countries it can ship straight from China. while they didn't list the countries, this excludes the states and IMO it means most of europe.

well, you might be in luck as I'm pretty sure I cannot keep both once the missus finds out. I might list it on eBay...
but, if you are genuinely interested, shoot me a PM.

as I've studied the film quite a bit back in the day for that custom... the camo actually changes ever-so-slightly throughout the movie and posters, there might be some ****e on the knuckles from the shead at some point, but in the movie the right arm camo ends at the wrist. so, the mistake in all actuality is in the HT promo-pics?

Commando is well known for all the continuity errors in it.

Hell, all films, especially 80s action movies are known for continuity error. In Terminator he removes his eye and covers it with the dark glasses, yet you can clearly see for pretty much the rest of the entire movie every time Arnie's actual head is used, and not a puppet, his eye is in tact...

I bought a spare John Matrix body that I'm planning to use for my Hot Toys Dutch figure. Anyone have suggestions on how to possibly removed the black paint/camo on the body without damaging the rest of the body/paint on the body?? I'm assuming the base body has been painted for the skin tones in addition to the black camo?

I've already got a small spot on mine where the paint has rubbed off, on the upper left arm. It's almost as though the paint is a translucent layer on top of the rubber, so it practically 'peels' away like if you get PVA glue on your fingers. Very annoying.

I've already got a small spot on mine where the paint has rubbed off, on the upper left arm. It's almost as though the paint is a translucent layer on top of the rubber, so it practically 'peels' away like if you get PVA glue on your fingers. Very annoying.

Is that paint the black camo paint, or the "skin tone" paint effects that rubbed off?

The report of peeling is making this figure unappealing (get it?) to me. The sculpt isn't great but I'm used to that with my HT Arnold figures, the body is awesome and that is the real selling point for me but if it's going to come with the risk of staining, tearing, and now peeling, it's getting to be a very hard sell. It's a real shame because John Matrix is a must for my collection. I'll continue to wait and watch on this.

finally got Matrix all geared up last night [sorry about the over-saturated photos, but I'm too ****ing tired to fix them :lol]
and here are a few of my thoughts on it now.

[this is just rambling really, but try to make sense of it, if you must...] everyone's talking 'bout the face or the body, but my gripes have actually mostly been with the vest. I cant really point-out what it is exactly, but it seems to take quite a bit of adjusting to get it sit right (atleast it did for me). and I still have all these tiny little nitpicks with it, the shotgunshells are too dark, the shoulder and groin straps too thin etc. the buckles lack any-sorta "heft" (and I'm actually thinking of replacing them with the ones on my custom)... claymore pouches would sorta look more natural with a bit of weight inside.
oh, and the magazine pouches actually have just stuffing inside them. no actual clips which I sorta consider as a slap to the face at this pricepoint... but admittedly with actual clips the pouches wouldn't actually sit on too well, as you might see on my custom.

:gah: one really annoying thing [and I'm unsure if it concerns every single MMS276 or just mine, but] I noticed while putting on all the gear was, that every single **cking strap and every single **cking sling seemed to be really really short?
I mean short as like Hot Toys was on the verge of running out of the material? feels like HT was saving it like their profits really depended on it? I mean what the ****? :mad: if you charge $250 for a figure I'm pretty sure there's plenty of that sling to go around. but no.
I actually had to brake the binocular strap and clue it back together to it's full extent myself, because straight out-of-the-box it didn't actually even fit the neck? I mean seriously? HT could've given us a bit more lenght to them, even 5 more millimeters is alot in this scale. now I have every single sling adjusted to the max to get everything to fit?

and with everyone going ape**** about the possible color bleeding of the vest, I made a sorta undervest from recycled cleaning cloth to protect the body. however there is alot of contact in areas you cant really protect with any undercloth (without it being noticable)... and I'm thinking if the vest bleeds color, how about those claymore pouches???

other than that Matrix is a monster (as in big) and looks quite badass on the shelf. and I LIKE IT :monkey3

Your custom still out shines this figure.
That's incredible to me!!
In the side by side, shot my eyes lock in on your custom figure without even trying.
Wow... That's good work!

Your custom still out shines this figure.
That's incredible to me!!
In the side by side, shot my eyes lock in on your custom figure without even trying.
Wow... That's good work!
that might be over-stating it a bit, but thank you.
I might actually have to let it go... so, if theres interest my PM box is open.

He does look great (and your custom looks awesome!).
Although I'm itching to pull the trigger every day on this figure, I keep being held back by the lack of articulation. The rubber arms scare almost everyone to pretty much leave him in museum pose, plus he's got no torso articulation. Unfortunately, it almost makes him a statue.
But damn, does he look great!!!

Back