1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm convinced his head is too wide, so i did a photoshop to prove it. Left is normal, right is narrowed, but with his features left as is. Having said that, i'm still getting him.

matrix_heads.jpg

I'm convinced his head is too wide, so i did a photoshop to prove it. Left is normal, right is narrowed, but with his features left as is. Having said that, i'm still getting him.

View attachment 201081

Looks better, original he looks more like my brother :)
Maybe hammer can fix things better then photoshop just one hit on both sides.

And yes i dont buy this and this is was my top 3 figures this year that i want it.

View attachment 201081

Point proved. Still could do with work but certainly the narrower face looks much better. Any chance you could do the same kind of photoshop on DX13 T-800 and MMS238? I think they both suffer from the same fat-headedness.

Actually I'm curious how these would look if narrowed:

Modded DX13 sculpt^^

Last edited:
Just watch the movie last night, arnolds jaw was definitely more lean and chiseled , not sure why hot toys chose to make him chubby cheeks

Point proved. Still could do with work but certainly the narrower face looks much better. Any chance you could do the same kind of photoshop on DX13 T-800 and MMS238? I think they both suffer from the same fat-headedness.

Actually I'm curious how these would look if narrowed:

Modded DX13 sculpt^^

Missed that modded dx13 who did it? Commando?

You guessed right sir. I was going to say it but given the thread we're in I thought it'd be missed or confused.

You can see from that that the sculpt has Arnold's features alright, you'd know who it is, but it's just too wide and the hair is totally wrong. I think my windows paint 'mod' fixes the hair but the wide face is still a problem.

t2_head.jpg

A slight improvement, but i personally don't have a problem with the DX-10 or 13. The fat head is a lot more obvious on Commando.

Modded DX13 sculpt^^

View attachment 201266

A slight improvement, but i personally don't have a problem with the DX-10 or 13. The fat head is a lot more obvious on Commando.

Thanks, for what it's worth here's what that looks like with something resembling the T2 haircut.

I think it's a step in the right direction even if it's still not quite perfect.

Last edited:
Bit off topic there sorry chaps.

It ties back to John Matrix insofar as it seems Hot Toys has a tendency to give Arnold a fat head from one viewpoint or another and Matrix is no exception.

Trying to emulate hair sticking out like that will probably end up looking like a bigger fro anyway. I suspect they have to be very conservative when it comes to sculpting hair due to casting limitations.

You guessed right sir. I was going to say it but given the thread we're in I thought it'd be missed or confused.

You can see from that that the sculpt has Arnold's features alright, you'd know who it is, but it's just too wide and the hair is totally wrong. I think my windows paint 'mod' fixes the hair but the wide face is still a problem.

I think the neck mod would help a lot.
Did commando posted this somewhere?

NECA were able to do it so I don't think that's Hot Toys' problem.

I thought you were trying to convey more separation in the hair strands which neca most certainly did not do, so you must be talking general shape only then. Yes, neca is able to sculpt Arnold's shape, hair and all much better. Too bad neca isn't high end.

Thanks, for what it's worth here's what that looks like with something resembling the T2 haircut.

I think it's a step in the right direction even if it's still not quite perfect.

They gave it more squint than they have in the past, but it's still not enough. Also, he needs deeper cheek lines near his mouth. They became more distinct on Arnie in the 90s.

I thought you were trying to convey more separation in the hair strands which neca most certainly did not do, so you must be talking general shape only then. Yes, neca is able to sculpt Arnold's shape, hair and all much better. Too bad neca isn't high end.

OK yeah, little spiky bits might not be more distinct on the NECA figure but I was more referring to

Those indented areas, which NECA's figure does have, they really break it up and stop it looking like an afro.

Back