1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ***t I forgot you asked me about those in a PM. I had a few GI_JOE 3.75ers alright, used to love them. In Ireland they were called ''Action Force''. The vehicles were fantastic. Not sure I recognise those two though^ Maybe a little bit before I started getting them.

The one on the left was known as Ton-Up and came with the Wolverine, the one on the right was just called Action Force Infantryman and was a mail away only figure.

73912.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, I kind of missed the boat on the early review thing, but having it in hand despite the defects I can say the figure looks badass, I was happy with it, I didn't dig out the accessories but wow what a load out.

I'm actually trying to transition out of the super expensive 1:6 figures to other formats, but I will always hold sixth scale up as the best in my book. Recently I've jumped into the Gentle Giant Jumbo G.I. Joe line and I'm loving it as I was a kid at the right time for that, in 1982 I was 4 years old and started getting them during that first wave so that have an important place in my collection. Anyway sorry for the long winded answer, I will likely review Commando and I'll be sure to post it here when I do:lol

Here's a look at the gijoe figures I'm talking about

21669451474_b3b7da9180_b.jpg

22430253841_c8ffc88439_b.jpg

No worries, man. Enjoy the Joes and everything else you plan to collect. :duff

This pic is off topic but I put the Commando head on my rebuilt Dutch figure. This whole new look is taking me awhile to get used to but I like it a lot better from the old and tiny Dutch.

View attachment 209725

I like it. I bought a Commando head & body and gave my Dutch the same upgrade last week. He looks much more imposing now than with the original body. I have him displayed next to Royce, and it always bugged me that Dutch wasn't significantly bigger than him. Fixed! Plus now the Dutch body is available for a potential Crossbones upgrade down the road.

Didn't know if I should post this here or in the NECA thread.
I suppose both. 2015-11-04 00.02.52.jpg

K, received that great looking new gun-holding hand today from Toy Anxiety - errr wish I'd known they were so damn tanned. They don't match in skin tone with any other figure :gah:

K, received that great looking new gun-holding hand today from Toy Anxiety - errr wish I'd known they were so damn tanned. They don't match in skin tone with any other figure :gah:

That hand is great, shame the arms don't bend enough to make the pose look realistically like the movie pose :slap

Thanks buddy,
Well, I called today to get it sorted out quicker, told them I want to return it for a full replacement figure sealed, I was told no, that they would send me a replacement body and stated it was not a returned figure, that it was spot checked to make sure everything was in the box, might be true but I have my suspicions:dunno However I decided to return it for a full refund, but that means losing all the rewards points I used to buy it about 70 dollars worth:thud:

In the end I didn't like the idea that I got an opened defective figure, replacing the body would have solved the main issue, even though the box was a bit roughed up to, but the feeling of excitement of getting my most anticipated figure of all time from Hot Toys was kind of tarnished by the whole experience. I'm sure most people would say I'm being overly picky, that might be true, they did try to resolve the issue, just not in the way I preferred. I accepted the replacement arm for my raiden figure last month, as the elbow was broken right out of the box, but that was a sealed figure when I received it, this was not.

Anyway I lost the rewards points and will have to wait about a week or two to get a refund but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I ordered a new one at BBTS at full price:p

I would feel the same way.. it feels like being ripped off.. and when you are paying that much for a figure, you do not deserve to be treated that way. Sideshow has quickly turned into a large corporation and has adopted those cold tactics.. I have had the same problem before to and got the same treatment. They can be helpful to and have been at times as well..but its that one time that leaves a bad taste in your mouth that sticks with you.

I would feel the same way.. it feels like being ripped off.. and when you are paying that much for a figure, you do not deserve to be treated that way. Sideshow has quickly turned into a large corporation and has adopted those cold tactics.. I have had the same problem before to and got the same treatment. They can be helpful to and have been at times as well..but its that one time that leaves a bad taste in your mouth that sticks with you.

It felt like I was dealing with a shady E-Bay seller instead of a Collectible Company, all good as I'm just about nearly done collecting High-end Hot Toys at this point in time, until such time as stuff I'm interested in is announced. Stuff Like Rambo, Conan, Ripley from Aliens is what I would want, I'm done with the SuperHero stuff and not keen on starting a Star Wars collection ATM.

I just cancelled something I should never had ordered to begin with, HT Maria Hill leaving only the T5 T-800 as my only HT order that's pending, currently focused on collecting the Gentle Giant jumbo Joes.

So, any sign of the dreaded staining that was mentioned in the instructions?

Back