1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does anybody know if the vest does ruin the body if left on for an extended amount of time? Also, any workarounds so its not a concern? Thanks for any help.

There's always a risk of clothing staining the body underneath, no matter the materials used. It's even more pronounced with this release because one may want to display Matrix without the vest.

I would suggest cutting up some material to fit, to act as a barrier between the body and the vest.

There's always a risk of clothing staining the body underneath, no matter the materials used. It's even more pronounced with this release because one may want to display Matrix without the vest.

I would suggest cutting up some material to fit, to act as a barrier between the body and the vest.

Awesome. Thanks,

Anybody tried getting the stains out of the body using oxy cream with 2% benzoil peroxide? It works wonders at removing pen and ink stains in plastic on action figures so I thought it might work on the rubber body as well.

I also have a question that may not get answered :D

Does anyone know if the hands from this figure - specifically the gun holding right trigger hand - have been reused by Hot Toys on any other character since John Matrix?

The hand in question is an excellent trigger hand, much better than the common ones of old, and yet it is useless for any other character because it has severe body-builder tan.

Finally was able to work this figure into the budget. Was surprised to find it sold out at Sideshow. Ordered from BBTS, though. Probably saved $20 over Sideshow, even with a discount code.

Finally was able to work this figure into the budget. Was surprised to find it sold out at Sideshow. Ordered from BBTS, though. Probably saved $20 over Sideshow, even with a discount code.

For Sideshow's Black Friday sale, it would have come out at around $230 for me, which included state tax. I don't remember if shipping was free. Wish I had jumped on it, but.

This figure has such a cool body for Arnie I couldn't resist so I picked up a a body + head sculpt on eBay without any of the clothing or accessories and decided to turn him into a mud covered Dutch from Predator.

The paint is still a work in progress but here's where I'm up to so far:

001A9637.jpg

This figure has such a cool body for Arnie I couldn't resist so I picked up a a body + head sculpt on eBay without any of the clothing or accessories and decided to turn him into a mud covered Dutch from Predator.

The paint is still a work in progress but here's where I'm up to so far:

View attachment 251964

That is really impressive, and could very well be the best custom Arnie I've seen on here.

As for the figure, I do want to get it at some point but I haven't seen it anywhere for under retail.

Nice job man, he looks great.

That is really impressive, and could very well be the best custom Arnie I've seen on here.

As for the figure, I do want to get it at some point but I haven't seen it anywhere for under retail.

That is a great custom, really shows off how good this figure's underlying body and hs is, or has the potential to be with some tweaking.

Thanks for the kind words guys, very much appreciated.

It really is a great body, the camo paint is a little tricky to work around for kit bashing. I tried a trick mentioned a while back in this thread (by Shells?) where white spirits was used to remove some of the camo. It did eat into the skin colour a little so I only used it on his arm where the blood was running down. The rest of the camo was just covered as best I could with the mud / paint.

I got a little more done last night. If I started this again I would do it a little differently after learning from some mistakes (especially the wound on the chest) but all in all I'm pretty happy with how he's turning out.

predator-mud-covered-dutch-1.jpg

predator-mud-covered-dutch-4.jpg

predator-mud-covered-dutch-3.jpg

predator-mud-covered-dutch-2.jpg

preadator-mud-covered-dutch-5.jpg

That's actually really cool. And for some reason he looks more like Arnie with his face covered in mud, lol..

This seems like a really fun figure. Not perfect, but fun. I was actually a bit shocked that ssc is sold out of this guy. I definitely need to pick this guy up at some point

beautiful custom! repped.

Thank you, glad you like it :)

That's actually really cool. And for some reason he looks more like Arnie with his face covered in mud, lol..

Yeah I was really disappointed with the face sculpt, the production face is so much different to the prototype which was showed... he looks overweight in the face whereas the prototype seemed to have much more defined facial features. Like you say, a bit of mud hides it and you can tell who it's meant to be.

This seems like a really fun figure. Not perfect, but fun. I was actually a bit shocked that ssc is sold out of this guy. I definitely need to pick this guy up at some point

I was lucky to find just the body + head on ebay with no clothing or accessories which was fine for what I wanted to do with it.
I planned to use a different Arnie head which is more suited to his Predator look but when the John Matrix figure arrived it was so much bigger than the TTM-20 body (especially the neck) and the John Matrix head really is massive, so I ended up just using it so that everything stayed in proportion.

Back