1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I just bought the blu ray recently and as much as it was awesome in blu ray it wasn't the extended cut. Still great
to see something this old from my childhood in blu ray, all those guys he killed sounded great in hd :yess:

For a movie that knows its over the top, its pretty damn engaging. Watched it last night again. Really wish Mark Lester woulda given us another movie like this, Showdown In Little Tokyo was nowhere near as good as Commando.

The few things I've noticed when watching the gearing up video from the film are the buckles on the harness on his legs are black and not silver. And I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the pistol leg holster is camouflage, I think it's just a solid olive drab. Not sure though. But who's arsed!

This thing is bad ass! I can't believe it's happening!

One thing I've come to believe in this hobby is that, what ever you want, whether custom or official, it will always get made. I'm close to having every character I could dream of with this guy.

That's pretty much the coolest GI Joe ever.... but he looks like Kurt Russel....

sR0DxHg.jpg
kurt-russell-as-col-jonathan-jack-o-neil.jpg

That could be the effect of the too wide face....and the kinda flat-top hairstyle that Russell had in Stargate.

The few things I've noticed when watching the gearing up video from the film are the buckles on the harness on his legs are black and not silver. And I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the pistol leg holster is camouflage, I think it's just a solid olive drab. Not sure though. But who's arsed!

Hot Toys should have been. They're making the thing!

As it happens I myself am not arsed because I have no particular attachment to the movie. I'll probably display him in some inaccurate way.

Commando is such 80s cheese but its an awesome film having said that. So many one liners and the action scenes happen during the movie especially the shootout which is pure epic if you haven't seen it. Its basically a movie that could only be made during the time period of the 80s. Definite purchase for me and I don't care what the price is.

Can't believe they're finally making him, This is THE figure I've waited for since I started collecting Hot Toys, Can't wait !!!

well I guess theres discrepancies thru out the movie like the binoculars , look at the 3 second mark. Someone posted this vid earlier......and damn it you made me look for it! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEiBl3aQcY

There are heaps of continuity errors in this movie, especially the final assault scenes, I think his style of tac-vest changes 3 times in the assault scene alone. You are right about the buckles. in some scenes they are black in others they are silver.

i couldnt hold out more than 2 days, let alone the planned few months, to get a cheaper price

PO'ed!

edit: nevermind, need to wait another couple of weeks to get my robocop points to apply to this deal

There are heaps of continuity errors in this movie, especially the final assault scenes, I think his style of tac-vest changes 3 times in the assault scene alone. You are right about the buckles. in some scenes they are black in others they are silver.

Commando is one big continuity error. But that's why it's so much fun!

Love the movie but don't have anything 1/6 so won't be getting this. I was wondering though, does anyone else think the body looks too small?

Yes. Face sculpt is great, and the costume is really good. But arms & delts are way too small. Hopefully Hot Toys will fix this for $250...

My favorite continuity error is the Sully Porsch chase scene, the damage to the front and side panels is mixed up; when Matrix and RD Chong drive away after Matrix "lies" and Sully 'flies,' there is no damage to the vehicle. Lots more but this stands out.

I have never seen Commando- is it worth a peek? LOL
My 10 year old daughter LOVES Arnold in Terminator 1 and 2 - is there anything too objectional in this movie because she wants to see it!

For me, this is a definite must own. I've been salivating over the quality customs that a few folks have done, so to see an official HT product, which in my opinion looks fantastic, is a must-own Arnie. Great to see something other than Terminator after Terminator.
Only challenge for me is patience. Too many times now, been burned by Hot Toys being sold at significant discount within 6 months after being released. Going to have patience, but I'll probably still pick it up at the first sale.
I'm curious as to why so many here are expecting a Dutch 2.0? The only Dutch that HT will release will be a muddy version. It doesn't make sense for them to re-do the full-gear Dutch with a slightly better headsculpt... Personally, I'd have no interest in a muddy Dutch. Would much rather have an '82 Conan.

Back