1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 -John Blake/ Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 - John Blake and Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible Set

The set everybody asked for is finally unveiled. Amazing.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 - John Blake and Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible Set

Hot Toys probably figured they will make more $$ from sets.

Just as I thought, Blake and the Signal with Gordon being the add-on. Won't be getting either of the options, but it all looks fantastic. I'm guessing $330, $340 for Blake and the Signal, $450 with Gordon.

depending on the price I might snag all of them, realistically they should only be about $400-$420 if not less. That blake uniform will look good next to Lt. Gordon.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 - John Blake and Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible...

However stupid I think this release is, i'm happy for those that are building a Nolan Batman collection. Really, I am.

But aside from that, I'm really digging the whole "set" thing HT is now doing. I hope this is the end of the "DX" line and this becomes a thing. Imagine the possibilities. Right now, I'm thinking Tuxed Keaton and a Retuns figure.

Make it happen, HT.

I just want an 89 Batman 2.0 with a Keaton Wayne figure, a Gough Alfred, and the vault.:drool

I just want an 89 Batman 2.0 with a Keaton Wayne figure, a Gough Alfred, and the vault.:drool

Besides the ugly compartment in the back of his head, what do you see HT improving on the already amazing (best 1/6 HT figure to date, I'd say) 89 Bats? The cape? Never happening, lol.

Totally agree on the Wayne figure though. We NEED one.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 - John Blake and Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible...

But aside from that, I'm really digging the whole "set" thing HT is now doing. I hope this is the end of the "DX" line and this becomes a thing. Imagine the possibilities. Right now, I'm thinking Tuxed Keaton and a Retuns figure.

Make it happen, HT.
Yeah, I think this new approach is pretty great, though the only one I'm picking up thus far is the Cap 2-pack. Without it I doubt seriously we would have seen a human Murphy from Robocop, or Alfred, or possibly something like 1984 Kyle Reese or Keaton Bruce Wayne.

Besides the ugly compartment in the back of his head, what do you see HT improving on the already amazing (best 1/6 HT figure to date, I'd say) 89 Bats? The cape? Never happening, lol.
I think you mistyped, and meant to say "best 1/6 HT statue to date."

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS275 - John Blake and Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Collectible...

However stupid I think this release is, i'm happy for those that are building a Nolan Batman collection. Really, I am.

Make it happen, HT.

The DX01 and Skywalker came with two seperate figures, so it's possible the Returns DX will come with two....very unlikely though.

What is it with all these two-packs:
Robocop and Murphy
Cap and Steve
Chewy and Solo
Stormtrooper and Stormtrooper
Blake and Gordon

*Chitauri Foot Soldier
*Groot and Rocket
*Wayne and Alfred

Think I might pick up Selena to go with the theme, since I have the batpod and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided I wanted this set. Then thought "I should probably get the armory too... with Alfred... and Bruce Wayne." Then I thought "I'd want Catwoman too..." How deep does this rabbit hole go?!

:gah:

Totally agree on the Wayne figure though. We NEED one.

I'd like to see the pull a DX 12 (compared to the DX 02), where they replace the solid chunk of rubber with a more screen accurate suit composed of Lycra and various PVC and/or rubber pieces, for added poseability. While I loved the faceplates, it always drove me nuts how some of them never stayed flush with the cowl and always flared out on the corner by his left cheek. I think that sort of QC stuff can be improved, but, and this is me getting very nitpicky, I recall DiFabio mentioning that the NECA 1/4 scale sculpt (just the sculpt) was actually a more accurate likeness than HT's. Personally, I loved everyone of the HT faceplates, but, if NECA was able to improve on it, surely HT would be able to. Hell, I'm curious what the new Returns mouthplates will look like when he's fully revealed. I think they could stand to improve the PERS system's implementation, as well, like you said. Personally, I'd like to see it accessible through the mouth; have it to where you can remove the plate with the magnet with a tool and then access the PERS with a tool from within; you pop the magnet back in, you pop the faceplate back on, and boom, you're done.

Plus, the typical response of "I missed out, and I'm a huge fan." I had the DX 09, and I fully intend to rebuy both it and the DX 08, but, thinking about it, objectively, as great as it looks, there's still plenty of room for improvement. Especially when that improvement's bundled with these guys:

89glasses.jpg

alfred2_zps3b015f34.jpg

Decided I wanted this set. Then thought "I should probably get the armory too... with Alfred... and Bruce Wayne." Then I thought "I'd want Catwoman too..." How deep does this rabbit hole go?!

:gah:

All the way to a ThreeZero King Joffrey that you kitbashed into the kid from Begins.:lol

Make it happen, HT.

Yep, I love that HT is doing this. The Murphy/Robocop set was an amazing surprise.

DAT likeness.

Set should be $400 -$450 though.

Armory full set was $620 with 3 figures and a armory... one of them which was a detailed batman. This one has 2 fairly regular figs with a batsignal and no where near the same amount of accessories.

Pretty lame to reuse sculpt for this though.

Gordon with Batsignal is a no-brainer. Obvious money grab is obvious.

I'd like to see the pull a DX 12 (compared to the DX 02), where they replace the solid chunk of rubber with a more screen accurate suit composed of Lycra and various PVC and/or rubber pieces, for added poseability. While I loved the faceplates, it always drove me nuts how some of them never stayed flush with the cowl and always flared out on the corner by his left cheek. I think that sort of QC stuff can be improved, but, and this is me getting very nitpicky, I recall DiFabio mentioning that the NECA 1/4 scale sculpt (just the sculpt) was actually a more accurate likeness than HT's. Personally, I loved everyone of the HT faceplates, but, if NECA was able to improve on it, surely HT would be able to. Hell, I'm curious what the new Returns mouthplates will look like when he's fully revealed. I think they could stand to improve the PERS system's implementation, as well, like you said. Personally, I'd like to see it accessible through the mouth; have it to where you can remove the plate with the magnet with a tool and then access the PERS with a tool from within; you pop the magnet back in, you pop the faceplate back on, and boom, you're done.

Plus, the typical response of "I missed out, and I'm a huge fan." I had the DX 09, and I fully intend to rebuy both it and the DX 08, but, thinking about it, objectively, as great as it looks, there's still plenty of room for improvement. Especially when that improvement's bundled with these guys:

89glasses.jpg

alfred2_zps3b015f34.jpg

For sure. And yeah, what NECA did on the 1/4 Keaton is incredible. I mean, an actual human HS underneath the mask? That body? $100??!!!

But I still doubt HT would ever revisit the 89 Bats. It is sadly not the "TDK" suit, that has been revisited 200 times. Bummer.

A set with Keaton, Alfred, and the 89-90's armory, plus a glider, BR style, would be an instant buy for me. INSTANT.

Back