1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Valkyrie Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would much rather get a figure of her in her actual armor, otherwise this looks to just be Valkyrie in name only

A) In the MCU, the "norse gods" aren't actually really gods.

I don't know about that. Thor literally claims she is the goddess of death. And Hela herself (who we can rightfully assume is very old, powerful and most importantly knowledgeable ) asks thor what he is the GOD of. She most def wouldnt use that term loosely and knows what she is talking about im sure. They may be soft retconing the whole god thing. At least for special asgardians.

I took Hela's overlay comment in the trailer as being a swipe at Thor in the :moon sense... as well as being a bit of fan service nod to fans of the history of Thor. (Taika is good at fan nods)... Throw in some footage of Thor going into Lightning mode for good measure..

There might be a bit of soft retconning though mind you. This series does seem to push the boundaries of "being grounded in reality" each time they add another movie to it. Arrow on TV became pretty guilty of flipping reality grounding on it's head too.

A) In the MCU, the "norse gods" aren't actually really gods or even norse themselves.

I don't know about that. Thor literally claims she is the goddess of death. And Hela herself (who we can rightfully assume is very old, powerful and most importantly knowledgeable ) asks thor what he is the GOD of. She most def wouldnt use that term loosely and knows what she is talking about im sure. They may be soft retconing the whole god thing. At least for special asgardians.

Well "gods" could simply mean powerful beings, and no doubt the Asgardians are such. My point is that the MCU essentially explains that ancient norse people deified and mythicized whatever they happened to learn about the Asgardians. So in other words, Asgardians are not everything the norse mythology says they are or are "gods" in every way we might typically think about "gods". For instance, as Odin points out in one of the films, Asgardians are not immortal; though they obviously live a long long time.

Well "gods" could simply mean powerful beings, and no doubt the Asgardians are such. My point is that the MCU essentially explains that ancient norse people deified and mythicized whatever they happened to learn about the Asgardians. So in other words, Asgardians are not everything the norse mythology says they are or are "gods" in every way we might typically think about "gods". For instance, as Odin points out in one of the films, Asgardians are not immortal; though they obviously live a long long time.

:goodpost:

Valkyrie.jpg

credits: ToyznHobby

I don't think she does when she's wearing the white.

I'm doubting I'll get this with the rubber arms - I try to avoid them at all cost. Not into the fear of tearing and/or rotting rubber and being unable to pose without worrying about a $240 collectible falling apart. Wish they had chosen the white costume, with covered arms.

If any figure from Ragnarok gets the axe I hope it's this one. It's so plain, and it's not even the characters best look from what we've just seen in the trailers.

I don't really plan on getting ANY of them though to be honest, save for Hela, but HT has teased us with villains they never release before, so we'll just have to see what they do and don't make :/

However, since Hela seems like the big villain in this movie (as she is very prominent in the ads and trailers) the chances of her being made seem decent.

I may end up just sticking with the Legends version, as I will get some of them. Both Valkyrie and Hela are up in the air for me - I wait until seeing the movie and deciding if I like the characters enough for $230. And the rubber arms have put me off this one.

I may end up just sticking with the Legends version, as I will get some of them. Both Valkyrie and Hela are up in the air for me - I wait until seeing the movie and deciding if I like the characters enough for $230. And the rubber arms have put me off this one.

Boo Marvel Legends. HT or bust!

Marvel Legends is the only sure thing for these two figures to get released. HTs is a "maybe" at best.

Very slim chance Hasbro will cancel once they've been shown. HTs...hmmm, not so much.

I can also build a large collection of Marvel Legends figures without having to take out another mortgage on my house.:lol

Back