1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Hela Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAE6604D-7970-4FFC-8C5F-B55BF2743C4F.jpeg

I can confirm Juice Girl Hela turned out fantastic. I can barely see the difference with the Hot Toys one from pictures online. I don’t have one to compare with unfortunately. The recasting has been done very well. There seems to be very little shrinkage and all the details are still present in the headsculpt and accessories.

I thought her swords and axe were poorly painted but the Hot Toys one seems to have the exact same paintjob.. which is none. Just black plastic. Bit disappointing.

She also comes with a cape that is removable. When taking this photo I forgot one of her shoulder thingies.

It’s very hard to tell as I’m just working off of photo’s from online and don’t have the Hot Toys one to compare. But it seems the cape and costume are a bit more green than the hot toys one which is more blue.

The headsculpts and paintjob are extremely similar. I know a lot of ppl here want a rooted hair sculpt but personally I think her antlers make her stand out and she looks way more like a menacing villain rather than a generic superhero with the rooted hair.

I wouldn’t want a deformed By-Art sculpt in my collection anyway.

Overall very happy with this purchase as I was not planning on ever getting the Hot toys version as it’s just too expensive on second hand market.

Last edited:
74FE61F0-0AFA-4F3C-B9B2-3EB701BCC531.jpeg

Hot toys Left and Juice Girl Right

Tried to find a photo in similar lighting conditions to compare them. The body seems to be an exact copy.

As you can see Hot Toys is a bit more blue and Juice Girl is more turquoise. This could be due to lighting and camera settings but I compared a ton of photo’s and Hot toys looks more blue in all of them.

As far as which is more accurate, it’s of course heavily dependent on lighting but looking at stills from the movie her costume is definitely green like the Juice Girl figure.

Credits to Adam Pagels for the Hot Toys photo.

Attachments

• D02EDDA3-0DB5-42B0-B1CF-B511239B8E12.png
    D02EDDA3-0DB5-42B0-B1CF-B511239B8E12.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • C6CF0098-426C-4678-97B5-354FCF1EA0DF.png
    C6CF0098-426C-4678-97B5-354FCF1EA0DF.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That’s a bit of an exaggeration don’t you think? I’ve bought a ton of figures on eBay and never had a problem. You just need to know the pretty obvious signs of a scammer. Googling is a good start.

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/stay_safe.html
I know what to look out for. I’m not dumb.

There are a ton of ebay scams especially in the 1/6 community. Some sellers on ebay will claim to have a figure in stock, will then give a fake tracking number and message you the figure will be in stock and shipped “soon”. They wait for the 2 month insurance period to run out and run away with your money. Some shops that do this usually have 99% positive feedback. They only do this to a small number of their customers.

Same with pre-ordering figures. Ebay says in their policy they don’t allow pre-orders. Because their buyers insurance is only 2 months. Still there are soo many pre-orders on ebay. If the seller just “forgets” to send you your figure after that two month period you’re basically ******.

Other common ebay tactics are to send you a letter saying your package will arrive soon. They will give you the trackingnumber of the letter and not the package. To ebay it looks like the package has arrived when in reality it’s the letter that arrived. Making you unable to dispute.

How do I know about these scams? Because plenty of people have posted about them in 1/6 figure groups. Like I said, many times these sellers have hundreds of listings and 99,9% positive feedback.

I usually buy loose parts of figures from ebay and rarely have had a problem. But when it comes to figures that are over $200 I just don’t think ebay is trustworthy enough of a platform. There are plenty of reputable sellers that are known for their great customer service in the 1/6 community.

All I did was warn. Do with this info what you will.

I couldn’t find a thread for the 3rd party Hela by Juice Girl but I just ordered one from OSC since they had a few left in stock. Also ordered a By-Art sculpt off eBay to go with her.
Anyone else order her or know if there’s a thread going yet?

View attachment 617380
Hi, does the ByArt head sculpt fit on JG Hela's neck? Possible to post a pic or two?

That’s a bit of an exaggeration don’t you think? I’ve bought a ton of figures on eBay and never had a problem. You just need to know the pretty obvious signs of a scammer. Googling is a good start.

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/stay_safe.html
I agree.

Although I had a bad experience on eBay several times, last one being scammed for $200 on a preorder (I know, preordering stuff from eBay is a stupid thing to do, but sometimes when things are good, I become careless), but the other hundreds of my eBay experience are great. Things I purchased came as described, and with a good price.

In short, the good experience happens much more than the bad experience.

Hi anywhere to still get this other than comic sanctorum or ebay ( 3 cheapest listings i found are known scammers ) many thanks

Hi anywhere to still get this other than comic sanctorum or ebay ( 3 cheapest listings i found are known scammers ) many thanks
I got mine from William Wang on facebook. He might have some in stock.

I got the hot toys hela in 2019 but sold it in 2021, and that sale funded 2 other figures. The third party one just looks like a recast, and I’d rather pony up whatever the eBay prices are now for the real hot toys version instead of a knock off. Makes me wish the knock off crap would get its own thread and stay out of the real Hela thread.

I got the hot toys hela in 2019 but sold it in 2021, and that sale funded 2 other figures. The third party one just looks like a recast, and I’d rather pony up whatever the eBay prices are now for the real hot toys version instead of a knock off. Makes me wish the knock off crap would get its own thread and stay out of the real Hela thread.
I agree.

Back