1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Hela Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping she goes on sale for black Friday 10% off free shipping

Not happening chief. SS has already announced all merchandise being marked down...and most of it are figures that are having difficulty selling. This figure should do just fine without a discount. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Since I didn't spend anything on black Friday this year, I ended up getting this figure for myself. Wasn't planning on getting it originally, but turned out too good to pass up.

Unexpectedly received Hela today...was sitting outside my house for like 4 hours all because I was under the impression that it wasn't coming until Tuesday! So that was a nice pleasant surprise.

Here are some cell phone quality photos...and a height comparison shot. She sure is a shorty when compared to everyone else, but by herself the size seems fine. A really incredible figure overall, that sculpt is one of the best!

20181124_185509.jpg
20181124_185518.jpg
20181124_185532.jpg
20181124_191106.jpg

Yeah, I just looked up her height. She's 5'9...whereas Tom Holland is 5'8...so I guess her height/scale is definitely inaccurate. :slap

Oh well, but that head sculpt is phenomenal though!

If we are going on movie character sizing, I'd consider that Hela should be more than an inch taller than a 15 year old, slimly built Spiderman too..

She'll be on a top shelf for me with Thor and Loki, so perspective wise hopefully it won't look too bad..

She is a wonderful figure in hand but the height does seem off it's almost as though she's a slightly different scale, I just watched the throne room fight scene again and there's no way she's that short.

It's disappointing really for what is an otherwise stunning figure but I find it annoying that I can't display her with my other Asgardians because she just looks a little silly although on her own she looks awesome on the shelf, so no regrets in owning her.

Nice shots Gmoney...said it before and I'll say it again, this is the standard Hot Toys should be achieving with all their head-sculpts. Any angle, an light - the accuracy of the likeness never falters.

Shame about the height not quite being there (and the visible shoulder joints)...but I can live with those trade-offs because of the awesomeness of the sculpt and overall attractiveness of the figure.

Great pics gmoney5000! :clap

Pity about the height issue, but she still looks like an awesome figure nonetheless. :) That head sculpt is just fantastic! :rock

Has anyone plugged in some ankle extenders yet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Nice shots Gmoney...said it before and I'll say it again, this is the standard Hot Toys should be achieving with all their head-sculpts. Any angle, an light - the accuracy of the likeness never falters.

Shame about the height not quite being there (and the visible shoulder joints)...but I can live with those trade-offs because of the awesomeness of the sculpt and overall attractiveness of the figure.

LOL for me she'll get a re-purposed Phicen base - fake the height. Or an acrylic riser off Amazon. Joints don't bother me. Hafta see if I can pay off PO if SSC is shipping.

I've never done such a mod; what would be the correct extenders to get?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I think you and I are one of the few people on the board that value/emphasize the importance of sculpt/actor likeness...I mean, it's what HT is known for and what they pride themselves in and it's why we, the customers, pay a premium for these figures.

Yeah, the likeness on Hela is without a doubt a 10. I was initially put off by the shoulder joints, however with some clever posing that issue can definitely be remedied. Also, the height of this figure is another issue, but you really don't realize it until you have her with other figs...but once again, that can be fixed with clever placement.

Although speaking of height, gotta say HT did drop the ball on that. I mean, she's almost as tall as Thor is in the film...

Back