1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. The SS one definitely looks like the weaker one out of the three

For whatever reason I prefer the proportions of the SS figure. The fine details are killer on the HT Boba Fett, but the chest feels too round to me and he has this squat look to him. Hopefully they nail the ESB version. Maybe I'm just not too keen on Boba figures in general. I had the SS V1 and wasn't overly thrilled by that at the time.

My Boba is 75% custom (TT slim body, dyied suit, full screen accurate armor repaint). I do think that original SS Boba had a terrible body (short and thin T-Rex arms included) and huge oven mitts.

For whatever reason I prefer the proportions of the SS figure. The fine details are killer on the HT Boba Fett, but the chest feels too round to me and he has this squat look to him. Hopefully they nail the ESB version. Maybe I'm just not too keen on Boba figures in general. I had the SS V1 and wasn't overly thrilled by that at the time.

Good eye on the too rounded chest/armor on HT Boba - hadn't noticed that.

HT definitely dropped the ball on a number of details (helmet shape is another one - it's quite off from some angles) and HT Fett just didn't seem to set anyone's world on fire like it seemed when it was just about to ship. It seemed like it was going to be an instant classic, but the reactions quickly turned to meh.

My Boba is 75% custom (TT slim body, dyied suit, full screen accurate armor repaint). I do think that original SS Boba had a terrible body (short and thin T-Rex arms included) and huge oven mitts.

Yeah, your modded SSC boba looks pretty cool. It really was not a very well done figure at all, but you've really elevated it. Post some more pics.:clap

attachment.php

Medicom Boba still holds up well IMO...

duuuuuude I gotta see more of this palace display you're sneak-peeking here.... let's see it!! looks amazing

Is there a good cheap TT slim body option available like the narrow or muscular, or is the only option the actual HT body? I picked up a narrow type, but it is a little big for upgrading the SSC Fett. Thanks

Yeah, the HT helmet bugs the hell out of me. So, that Fett is a Medicom? Very nice.

Got a backstabber Tie Pilot, and the thing screams 'toy' with the plastic-y belt and the one piece vest

What's odd about the Medi ROTJ Fett is that some pieces are in 1/6 scale, whereas others are not. The gun and backpack is 1/6, the helmet's reasonably close to 1/6, yet stuff like the chest armor, crotch armor and knee armor are more like 1/7.

It really is incredibly frustrating that no company over the years has managed to bullseye either ESB or ROTJ Fett. He's got to be the most modded fig behind Vader.

Yes, that looks Epic ! Well done !

Hope Sideshow pulls out the old mould and makes some more of these for the Han Solo movie. I've heard Jabba may be in it.

That's seriously impressive work, Flying Dutchman. How long did it take you to put that together? It looks great!

Back