1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custom ESB Fett I'm working on. Based on Hot Toys, but incorporating things from everywhere. Full repaint. Still have a long way to go.

F8AAC8EF-8F61-47B6-8B13-EA91444FBE84.jpg

123FDC92-16A8-44EA-8CD7-3AFD8866051C.jpg

Looks amazing rubio! Beautiful repaint. The center diamond should be darker green....LOL JK I would never try to give a Fett enthusiast of your caliber any time of advice haha. Simply amazing. If you ever want to repaint mine let me know ;)

PS also a fan of the lighter gauntlets. I DO NOT LIKE the darker gauntlets from the SSC V2. I'm going to be using the lighter V1 gaunts on mine. I see you also went with the non-retracting finned rocket version of the V1, I've been kind of back and forth between which version I should use, the V1 or V2 rocket, as V1 is more accurate since the fins were not retractable on the ESB, but the V2 does look nicer. But I guess so their more in line with the V1 gaunts as far as the lighter green, I might go the V1 route, such as yourself. Anyways paint my Fett, I'll give you an unlimited supply of JCFett patches lol.

is boba in SW rebels? reading the omnibus of darkhorse comics, watching og trilogy but i wants more boba? where?

does he not have the blaster pistol in ROTJ?

Custom ESB Fett I'm working on. Based on Hot Toys, but incorporating things from everywhere. Full repaint. Still have a long way to go.

F8AAC8EF-8F61-47B6-8B13-EA91444FBE84.jpg

Love it.:clap

Did you tweak the HT helmet at all or just repaint? I find it just a touch elongated and it obviously doesn't have the ESB flair. I bought mine with idea of using it for an ESB but I was worried I'd break it trying to do the flair.

Looks amazing rubio! Beautiful repaint. The center diamond should be darker green....LOL JK I would never try to give a Fett enthusiast of your caliber any time of advice haha. Simply amazing. If you ever want to repaint mine let me know ;)

PS also a fan of the lighter gauntlets. I DO NOT LIKE the darker gauntlets from the SSC V2. I'm going to be using the lighter V1 gaunts on mine. I see you also went with the non-retracting finned rocket version of the V1, I've been kind of back and forth between which version I should use, the V1 or V2 rocket, as V1 is more accurate since the fins were not retractable on the ESB, but the V2 does look nicer. But I guess so their more in line with the V1 gaunts as far as the lighter green, I might go the V1 route, such as yourself. Anyways paint my Fett, I'll give you an unlimited supply of JCFett patches lol.

Thanks so much, JC! I agree with your suggestions/points. Like I said before, I'm far from finished. I'm just excited to share my progress so far. I'll give my recipe after replying to TaliBane.

Love it.:clap

Did you tweak the HT helmet at all or just repaint? I find it just a touch elongated and it obviously doesn't have the ESB flair. I bought mine with idea of using it for an ESB but I was worried I'd break it trying to do the flair.

And thank you, as well, Tali. Always a pleasure to read your attention to detail.

Here's my recipe, so far:

Hot Toys helmet: Full disassembly and repaint. No modifications to the helmet. There's just no way to add any flare to the sides without sacrificing the visor. A helmet maker friend of mine who specializes in 1:1 props has several of my spare helmets and is in the process of creating an accurate replica.

Hot Toys armor vest: Slight disassembly and full repaint. I haven't added the cape yet, but it will be from the Sideshow ESB Boba. The attachment hole is slightly too big. I have to figure out a way to reduce it. Shoulder armor removed and replaced with Sideshow ESB pieces (accurate color and skull symbol).

Marmit gauntlets: Completely stock. I may try to rework a set of Hot Toys gauntlets by repainting and transplanting Sideshow attachments to them (right gauntlet whipcord housing, left gauntlet flamethrower). I considered using the Sideshow gauntlets, but while the left gauntlet is decent, the right gauntlet is absolutely ridiculous. It's so narrow that I had to significantly shave down the forearm just for it to fit snug. A real shame that Sideshow chose to do this.

Sideshow blaster rifle: Completely stock. It's not perfectly accurate, but by far the nicest piece available.

Hot Toys hands: Stock, but I may repaint them the blue-gray/white correct colors. I just hate that both Hot Toys' and Sideshow's hands are just enormous. I may even incorporate Medicom's RotJ hands (the only ones in the correct size).

Sideshow belts/sidearm: Rope belt is completely stock. It has a hard time fastening around the codpiece, but is superior to the Hot Toys belt, which is a stringy mess. Sideshow's belt holds its shape so much better and is easier to work with. The ammo belt is from the Sideshow V1. I cut the belt in order to reduce the length between ammo pouches. A small modification, but it makes a WORLD of difference. I'd like to get my hands on a V2 belt, since the color of the hip pouches are much more accurate. The Sideshow sidearm is just a recast of the Medicom version (which is wildly inaccurate), but the holster is wonderful.

Hot Toys knee armor/codpiece: Full repaint on the codpiece, but the knee armor is untouched. I originally went with the Sideshow V1 knees, but they're oversized and even after adjusting the elastic, I couldn't get a nice, snug fit. The Hot Toys pieces are a superior plastic, smaller and just overall better. I may repaint.

Hot Toys boots: cut down the ankle section and added longer ankle pegs.

Jetpack: Unmodified Sideshow V1. As JCFETT pointed out, the V1 has no rocket fins and the V2 does. While the fins are a neat touch, they're not accurate to the ESB costume at all. Although not necessary for fitment, I transplanted the Sideshow harness straps to the Hot Toys back armor plate (silver buckles and white straps - more accurate than Hot Toys black on black).

Flightsuit: Sideshow V2. Thank goodness that Sideshow addressed this! The high water pants on the V1 is what ultimately led me to disassembling that figure and not reworking it. The pant length on this flight suit is just great. For whatever modifications/upgrades they made to the V2, this is the only actual improvement, in my opinion. I was VERY happy to find one loose.

Underbody: This is the real crown jewel of the build. Both the Hot Toys version and the Sideshow version are simply too muscular. My biggest pet peeve with 1/6 figures is usually the underlying body. In my opinion, the correct size/build is a make-or-break feature. I loved the Hot Toys underbody that was used for Boba Fett, though I felt it needed some work (the usual Dremeling). I bought about 3 or 4 of these bodies for a really great price (around $35 each from ToyAnxiety). However, a few weeks ago I decided to buy a TTM22 from eBay (at a ridiculous price - c'mon Hot Toys, start manufacturing these again). The difference was huge. Even though the Hot Toys Boba Fett body featured a very thin torso, the arms and legs were still quite muscular, with somewhat broad shoulders. The TTM22 features the same skinny torso, but also showcases quite skinny arms and legs. Skinny limbs help to replicate the actual build of Jeremy Bulloch (remember, he was selected for the role not because of his acting skills, but because he could fit into the suit easily). Phew! Long description, but I couldn't be happier. I've even bought another TTM22 to transplant my unmodified Hot Toys Boba Fett onto.

Well, I think that about covers it. I'll be working on this for awhile still. I guess this should probably go in the custom section, but at least it keeps this thread alive. I've been surprised at the light activity.

A few ugly cell phone pics:

9BEB7890-F5A0-4648-B114-D3A51B3BC315.jpg

F63EBF6F-1B50-4EC9-9790-09B348E5AAA4.jpg

Last edited:
Love, love, love it! Can you post some closer pics of the helmet?

Damn, the back side helmet paint job looks stellar. Did you use stock colors or mix? I've gotten just about every model paint people say is accurate and it never seems to work out. I mixed up a 100% perfect mix then got detoured on my ROTJ boba - by the time I came back to ESB, my custom paint mix had dried out. Start again.:gah::slap:lol

I'm about to start assembling my ESB Boba (I hand made all the armor including back/shoulder piece out of styrene) so I've saved your recipe - I'm using most of the same pieces, but SSC gauntlets. I really want to fix my SSC rifle but it's very fiddly work.

That's the first time I've ever seen a 1/6 ESB Boba that actually feels/looks like onscreen ESB Boba (1/7 Medi pieces look nice but they just don't work side-by-side with other 1/6 figs to me.) Congrats!:clap

I must say that looks truly amazing,, well done.. i just replaced the hand joints with the grey ones. mine as stock,, now also considering removing the fat suit,, its pretty easy ? any hurdles?

oh laaawd!! what I wouldn't give for a beautiful helmet repaint... please rubio, consider a commission!

looks gorgeous! seriously the best fitting ESB Fett I've seen in a while. It really just looks like a guy in a suit. Really nice. Can't wait to see more progress

GOOD STUFF KEEP IT UP

Back