1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never opened fett before today, but here he is un-futzed next to jabba. Sorry for the bad cell phone pics. Hope it helps.

32dea7d3f6f3049e6bf55a4971df74dc.jpg

19f47c2d57f86d1c70df3656d9e022d1.jpg

Thank you so much for doing those photos for me - it's really helped! I'll try to keep Bib now and add Fett aswell, if the throne will take 2 without getting too tight for space. Looks like you have enough room on your throne, maybe I should move Jabba forward a little.

No problem man, I have them both behind the rail in those pics. Bibs actually leaning into it to hold himself up, but yah I'm sure you if play around with it enough you'll make em fit.

That SSC Jabba sculpt will be tough to top if HT ever does it. If it wasn't for the lackluster paint, it would be a shrunken down Jabba straight from the movie.

That SSC Jabba sculpt will be tough to top if HT ever does it. If it wasn't for the lackluster paint, it would be a shrunken down Jabba straight from the movie.

Seriously? it looks like thier piece had a stroke or a cancerous growth on the left side of his face, or maybe it shifted when they were molding it, plus his head is undersized

Seriously? it looks like thier piece had a stroke or a cancerous growth on the left side of his face, or maybe it shifted when they were molding it, plus his head is undersized

No, it's a pretty great sculpt even though it could have had even more wrinkles. Head's not undersized - it's quite accurate.

The problem is really all in the paint (especially the eyes, which are very wrong) - with a repaint it looks stellar.

No, it's a pretty great sculpt even though it could have had even more wrinkles. Head's not undersized - it's quite accurate.

The problem is really all in the paint (especially the eyes, which are very wrong) - with a repaint it looks stellar.

I wish I could live in your world, everything must be so pretty there, unfortunately what I see is a turd, a very poorly done and innacurate turd

I wish I could live in your world, everything must be so pretty there, unfortunately what I see is a turd, a very poorly done and innacurate turd

But... maybe it's your world that's very poorly done, and nothing is pretty there, and so unfortunately, all you see is turds.:dunno

:rotfl

I dunno - maybe you got it mixed up with another figure or we live in different worlds. Here's what I see - nice sculpt, very off SSC factory paint as usual...

Not quite at same angle, but Madame Tussaud's (accurate replica) Vs. SSC for head size comparison (most screen pics you can't see all of Jabba's body):

jabba2_zpsxfdtxvoq.png

SSC with decent repaint Vs. Screen (edit: oops, accidentally cropped the pointy tip of the SSC head) Not 100% accurate, but pretty damn close:

jabba1_zpsgb2vsciv.png

I really like Sideshow's Jabba. Thanks for the research on accuracy TaliBane, I think that for a figure that old, it's pretty awesome.

Well, I went on with Boba Fett modding!

- I got some grey wrist pegs from Toy Anxiety, yahoo! got rid of the black wrist pegs.
- I am still using a TTM22 body. I think the overall look of the figure and helmet proportions improve dramatically on this body.
- I got back using the fat suit! on the TTM22 the fat suit is needed for a better look of the chest area. I just cut the legs from the fat suit. I like the more slim, more accurate look of the TTM22 legs on Fett.
- I used some cellotape to secure the "red belt", which otherwise is a hell to futz.

Pretty satisfied after these changes. Here come some pics:

IMG_3037.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

image1.jpg

I've always wondered about this. In ANH special edition, Boba Fett appears in his ROTJ suit. But then in ESB, he's in a different suit. Now this works quite well for me as I have my ANH Han and Chewie display with the ROTJ fett :)

I really like Sideshow's Jabba. Thanks for the research on accuracy TaliBane, I think that for a figure that old, it's pretty awesome.

Well, I went on with Boba Fett modding!

- I got some grey wrist pegs from Toy Anxiety, yahoo! got rid of the black wrist pegs.
- I am still using a TTM22 body. I think the overall look of the figure and helmet proportions improve dramatically on this body.
- I got back using the fat suit! on the TTM22 the fat suit is needed for a better look of the chest area. I just cut the legs from the fat suit. I like the more slim, more accurate look of the TTM22 legs on Fett.
- I used some cellotape to secure the "red belt", which otherwise is a hell to futz.

Pretty satisfied after these changes. Here come some pics:

View attachment 286577

Really like this pic a lot!:clap

Just got Boba Fett earlier today. My first Hot Toys figure in hand. Man is it a great figure. I'm new to collecting Hot Toys so it's nice to finally have one. The details and paint look great, and good articulation. Looks just like he came off the screen.

Hey just a heads up.... I know there are some photos that may suggest otherwise, but it's more commonly accepted (ESB or ROTJ) that the girth belt should go over the cod piece, about half of it. So not so much cod piece is shown so it doesn't look like big green underwear lol. I think ultimately it also looks better, but I guess you can leave that up to yourselves to decide, but I believe that's 501st guidelined in case it matters to anyone (https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:BH_Boba_Fett-RotJ). I think it looks better when the cod piece isn't so exposed.

Review_BobaFettROTJTVC_stillA.JPG
esb-vs-rotj-se-boba-fett-costume-special-edition-02-jpg-91339

bobarotj3a.jpg
ESB_boba.jpg

Back