1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. You gotta "unglue" a connector either on the right or left side. Also, be advised that the cod piece will be looser when the fatsuit is gone. Adjustments will be needed when you put back into place.

Right. I'll see if I ever work up the nerve to do that. I think just removing the black "extra" belt behind the red belt helped alot.

Picked him up tonight. He's a beaut! The padded suit underneath doesn't bother me too much.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Really? Tried that but couldn't make it past the hips. Was afraid to warp the plastic.
I've had two separate figures now where I've removed the cod piece by "breaking" it, and in both cases it snaps right back together with no problems. I get why HT glues it in the first place, but wouldn't be scared off by this mod. It's made of pretty durable plastic.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The chest pieces look like they have pegs behind them. My bottom chest plate isn't secured down on the right hand side and I can slightly see the peg a little bit. Anyone stripped the figure and know what the peg does?

The chest pieces look like they have pegs behind them. My bottom chest plate isn't secured down on the right hand side and I can slightly see the peg a little bit. Anyone stripped the figure and know what the peg does?

If I had to guess I'd say it's the method Hot Toys uses where there's plastic on both sides of the fabric that are connected with small pegs. They use this method for Captain Americas chest star.

I'm going to mod my Boba after I finish my ANH Vader, so I've been thinking about how to solve some of the minor issues with this beautiful figure.

If I'm correct about how the armor is attached, I'll fix it by cutting some small strips of clear plastic from some old blister packaging I have saved. I think I can glue the clear plastic strips to the plastic under the chest armor creating a framework that forces the armor on the outside into the proper position. It may require some heating and shaping of the clear plastic strips, but I think it'll work.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

If I had to guess I'd say it's the method Hot Toys uses where there's plastic on both sides of the fabric that are connected with small pegs. They use this method for Captain Americas chest star.

I'm going to mod my Boba after I finish my ANH Vader, so I've been thinking about how to solve some of the minor issues with this beautiful figure.

If I'm correct about how the armor is attached, I'll fix it by cutting some small strips of clear plastic from some old blister packaging I have saved. I think I can glue the clear plastic strips to the plastic under the chest armor creating a framework that forces the armor on the outside into the proper position. It may require some heating and shaping of the clear plastic strips, but I think it'll work.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

This is how the armor is attached. Exactly the same as the 1/4.

69A1FDFC-D063-4071-BA69-9601C3564B0E.jpg

Finally picked this up today whilst visiting my good friend Aaron, (meth head).

It's said too often round here but, pictures REALLY do not do this justice. Amazing to see in hand.

Can't wait to set him up when I get home. I have the DX base for sale if anyone wants. Will put up a sale thread this weekend.

:duff

I'm loving this figure! It's my first 1/6 Boba, so can't compare it to others. As some others have said, the chest armour plates are a bit wonky, the Wookie scalps are too Barbie, the jumpsuit is too clean, the gloves are too soft and those black wrist pegs are just a really poor choice, but at normal viewing distance, he just looks awesome!

IMG_6073.JPG

I like this clone head on him for an unmasked display option - I know it's a clone head and not a Jango head, but I like to think that the bionic right eye interacts with the flip-down rangefinder on his helmet :)

Finally picked this up today whilst visiting my good friend Aaron, (meth head).

It's said too often round here but, pictures REALLY do not do this justice. Amazing to see in hand.

Gotta agree. I pre-ordered him but kept seeing things I didn't like in photos. Then finally got him in hand and put him on display, and he looks just about perfect. :lol

Back