1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You shouldn't feel ashamed of that, Khev. Let your freak flag fly!

jqEfWSI.jpg

Were Fett's armor plates much closer together in ROTJ? Seems like all the ESB Fetts have the armor with wider gaps but the HT ROTJ plates are almost touching/overlapped.

Were Fett's armor plates much closer together in ROTJ? Seems like all the ESB Fetts have the armor with wider gaps but the HT ROTJ plates are almost touching/overlapped.

Maybe in some scenes they were that close and other scenes they could have been made from popsicle sticks.

The color may be off, but I gotta say it feels to me like the basic shape of the Sideshow helmet is a lot closer. The HT helmet seems a bit too long and stretched out or something.

The upper body/chest armor on the HT looks a little bit compressed compared with the sideshow one. Proportions seem really different.

The color may be off, but I gotta say it feels to me like the basic shape of the Sideshow helmet is a lot closer. The HT helmet seems a bit too long and stretched out or something.

I just held my HT Fett helmet up to the computer screen next to that side-by-side pic with the SSC and the HT helmet is very vertically stretched in that pic. It doesn't look like that in-hand.

That's not to say the HT helmet sculpt is correct, it's just not distorted like that pic shows.

It's the issue with the rise of cellphone cameras in the past 5+ years in forums like this - people constantly saying "it looks so off!" but it's just lens distortion. Using an actual camera with a slightly zoomed-in "real" optical lens (as opposed to the wide angle lens and digital zoom of smartphones) is the only way to make a fig look like it does in-hand.

Received today HT Boba
Share with you

P.S
Photo error
SS ROTJ corrected to SS ESB

Attachments

• ZOeP7ox.jpg
    ZOeP7ox.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 313
  • AKGKsGf.jpg
    AKGKsGf.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 654
  • d2QYhts.jpg
    d2QYhts.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 328
  • 1Vke9wX.jpg
    1Vke9wX.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 340
  • LEgPaz3.jpg
    LEgPaz3.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 347
  • gdGiO7L.jpg
    gdGiO7L.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 346
  • vQKZl8O.jpg
    vQKZl8O.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 534
  • Kgdechf.jpg
    Kgdechf.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 342
  • Kl8zPTX.jpg
    Kl8zPTX.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 351
  • dEEJx9s.jpg
    dEEJx9s.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 9gxDI4q.jpg
    9gxDI4q.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 348
  • HHfhWQA.jpg
    HHfhWQA.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 344
  • dox3fxs.jpg
    dox3fxs.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 342
These Star Wars figures are coming out fast.
Only yesterday it was Leia I was picking up.
Now I'm messaged that Boba had arrived.

He looks great. Went for the Sarlacc pit version.
Should be picking this guy up in the morning.

Picked this up today at a local comic book shop. Paid $200 and he threw in that new sideshow coffee table book. Had to make my choice between the Fett and the Sandtrooper they had. Both were $200.

You can tell when doing the accessory tools for Fett, HT was just like No one cares and neither do we... :lol

I just held my HT Fett helmet up to the computer screen next to that side-by-side pic with the SSC and the HT helmet is very vertically stretched in that pic. It doesn't look like that in-hand.

That's not to say the HT helmet sculpt is correct, it's just not distorted like that pic shows.

It's the issue with the rise of cellphone cameras in the past 5+ years in forums like this - people constantly saying "it looks so off!" but it's just lens distortion. Using an actual camera with a slightly zoomed-in "real" optical lens (as opposed to the wide angle lens and digital zoom of smartphones) is the only way to make a fig look like it does in-hand.

Fair enough. And I have seen some pics on here where the HT proportions seem to look really good. I just happen to think the SS Fett is pretty underrated as well.

Back