1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the flare but I thought people mentioned that it was more like that in Empire. I'm still itching to get this, ETA from my dealer is June. :gah:

I took out the fatsuit, did some mods to get the armor sitting tighter on the slimmer body. I may still tinker with it some more, but this is the best boba of all time no doubt!

MJ1_3756_zpsqfod8jwq.jpg

Just picked mine up form my local Toy Anxiety, I purchased the 1/4 from them awhile ago and thought I wouldn't have the urge to by the 1/6. Upon seeing him in person I had to have have him and I have absolutely no regrets! Admittedly I prefer the ESB Boba but after having the 1/4 scale and playing SW Battle Front I have really come to like the ROTJ version. He seems small to me but it could be because I'm use to the 1/4 lol.

Figured HT would eventually do ESB but they didn't want to step on Sideshows toes? Am I the only one who stuffs my Fett's pockets?

Fair enough. And I have seen some pics on here where the HT proportions seem to look really good. I just happen to think the SS Fett is pretty underrated as well.

It's kind of frustrating that yet another high-end 1/6 Fett has been released and the helmet isn't quite right. Neither HT and SSC (both versions) really look right. The color on the SSC ESB is so distracting and off I find it hard to judge the sculpt. Would love to see a repaint of the SSC but that's a ton of work.

I prefer the flare but I thought people mentioned that it was more like that in Empire. I'm still itching to get this, ETA from my dealer is June. :gah:

Yeah, the flare is much more slight on the ROTJ than ESB (more straight up and down,) but the ESB helmet was used in some shots of ROTJ (and on the MOTM shows.) What's funny is there's no record at all as to why the didn't use the ESB helmet for ROTJ, and also why they decided to change Fett's look so much for ROTJ.

I took out the fatsuit, did some mods to get the armor sitting tighter on the slimmer body. I may still tinker with it some more, but this is the best boba of all time no doubt!

MJ1_3756_zpsqfod8jwq.jpg

Looks nice but his legs look a little skinny - maybe just futzing needed.

I'm a huge Boba Fett fan and I was hoping Hot Toys ROTJ would be the end all of 1/6 ROTJs Fetts but unfortunately my only issue I have is the helmet not flaring out which Sideshows version does, how ironic don't you think.

Master Replica's 1/1 scale Boba Fett helmet also had this issue.

But I'll still get HTs Boba, the figure is the best one so far.

Yeah, the flare is much more slight on the ROTJ than ESB (more straight up and down,) but the ESB helmet was used in some shots of ROTJ (and on the MOTM shows.) What's funny is there's no record at all as to why the didn't use the ESB helmet for ROTJ, and also why they decided to change Fett's look so much for ROTJ.

Looks nice but his legs look a little skinny - maybe just futzing needed.

boba is super thin man. Here is his outfit from the EMP exhibit, i got his legs where i want them, now i just want to narrow out his shoulders a bit

View attachment DSC_1922.jpg

boba is super thin man. Here is his outfit from the EMP exhibit, i got his legs where i want them, now i just want to narrow out his shoulders a bit

View attachment 263243

Looks like Jango's been on a mega-paleo diet too.:lol

The costumes do look a little understuffed in the legs with only a mannequin inside. Boba's not a heavy guy at all but he's slightly more filled out in the legs than that mannequin pic shows. In the left-most and right-most pics you can see the actor's legs filled out the pants around the knee armor - in the display it almost looks like a wrist inside there. That's all I was commenting on.

Great pic you posted - it's usually the non-screen used codpiece that goes on display (the one HT that used as reference unfortunately) - that pic shows the screen used one with the large silver dent.:clap

Fetts_zpsstbantct.png

ah, good reference photos man! here is my second pass, ordered a second body and took to dremelling this one down in the shoulders, achieved a much better overall proportion this way!

MJ1_3760.jpg
MJ1_3759.jpg

Is the neck peg on this guy one of the long ones or super long ones?

He almost seems to have no neck in some of the pics - just like the HT Stormies. Would be great to lengthen the neck by almost a 1/4". You can see in those Jabba's Palace pics above, there's quite a bit of neck showing.

Well a couple HT pegs, I think Jor El, are extra long. I think the Stormies had a short one and then a long one but not the extra long.

I personally think this guy looks amazing. The base really sells multiple action poses .

^^ Cool pic!

I do wish the HT flames effects were a little more convincing though.

Back