1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey (Resistance Outfit Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a huuuge difference, but a little closer IMO.

Here is lighting from both top and bottom from where mine is pushed back.
28504702_10216042999173658_199433545_o.jpg

Here is lighting from below:
28449835_10216042999133657_659123597_n.jpg
28584144_10216042999093656_1124250336_o.jpg

If I have the entire face lit just from the top it just looks really flat to me.
So I guess what I was saying is IMO shadows helps the sculpt a lot, and at least to me it looks closer lit from the bottom as opposed to the top lol.

I see what you mean. It emphasizes parts of the sculpt that maybe look more like Daisy (the jaw, mouth, teeth) when lit from below.

It's not a huuuge difference, but a little closer IMO.

Here is lighting from both top and bottom from where mine is pushed back.
View attachment 396033

Here is lighting from below:
View attachment 396034
View attachment 396035

If I have the entire face lit just from the top it just looks really flat to me.
So I guess what I was saying is IMO shadows helps the sculpt a lot, and at least to me it looks closer lit from the bottom as opposed to the top lol.

Are the wrist sleeves connected ..wonder why HT didn't make the wrist sleeves cover her hands. Do you know if the color of the arm bands are the same as the Jakku version . To give her the TLJ look, I wonder if you can just swap out the bands between the two, to really make her look like the TLJ look

Are the wrist sleeves connected ..wonder why HT didn't make the wrist sleeves cover her hands. Do you know if the color of the arm bands are the same as the Jakku version . To give her the TLJ look, I wonder if you can just swap out the bands between the two, to really make her look like the TLJ look

They're not the same color as the TFA version on the figure at least. The figure has the same grey (all one piece) for the whole sleeve. I think in the movie she's wearing the grey part over the TFA sleeves, and it's just a combo of lighting and dirty/etc that makes it look similar, maybe. But yeh, you could easily grab the TFA ones on Toy Anxiety or something. I've been considering it.

They're not the same color as the TFA version on the figure at least. The figure has the same grey (all one piece) for the whole sleeve. I think in the movie she's wearing the grey part over the TFA sleeves, and it's just a combo of lighting and dirty/etc that makes it look similar, maybe. But yeh, you could easily grab the TFA ones on Toy Anxiety or something. I've been considering it.
That's what I did for mine, and I think it looks good. Only thing to keep in mind is the left arm sleeve is shorter and you have to keep the brown bracer on it for it to look right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

^or buy two. I almost considered them for ANH Luke leg wraps. Think they would have been too tight and not look quite right anyhow.

That's what I did for mine, and I think it looks good. Only thing to keep in mind is the left arm sleeve is shorter and you have to keep the brown bracer on it for it to look right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you have pics of yours like that?

Looking forward to getting TLJ Luke to have displayed with mine..

Looks good!

Side note - Rey's staff is such a cool accessory IMO. A lot of great detail and the fact that you can change the length on the strap is awesome. For figures where all we have are usually lightsabers or guns, it's a cool addition I think.

I'm going to sound very picky here, but...

Isn't it time they make better hands? They tend to look a little too toyish next to all the great detail of the rest of the figures.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Very nice pictures! :clap

I really do think that the RO Rey is a better representation for a TLJ Rey than the actual TLJ Rey figure in her "Jedi training" outfit. I'd personally go with this if I were going for an "evolution of Rey" display to have one figure of her from each film.

Great pictures, it shows what could have been in TLJ as our heroic Jedi and his apprentice prepare to take the fight back against the First Order. But no they came up with depressed Phantom Apparition Luke.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I really do think that the RO Rey is a better representation for a TLJ Rey than the actual TLJ Rey figure in her "Jedi training" outfit. I'd personally go with this if I were going for an "evolution of Rey" display to have one figure of her from each film.

Same here! Glad I picked her up when I did. I think I got mine for 160 at the time? I was pretty sure it was going to be like Luke's yavin outfit and only in the movies for a couple minutes.. so I was glad to be proven wrong haha

I used the 20% off eBay deal to get this outfit for my Jakku Rey. Very excited about it.

I'm going to sound very picky here, but...

Isn't it time they make better hands? They tend to look a little too toyish next to all the great detail of the rest of the figures.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

I don't think that's picky...Asmus toys I know does some of there figures with custom hands....adds a lot I think

Agreed. The so called Jedi outfit wasn’t even anything she wore on Planet Ireland. The only reason to have that is because she wore it in the red room. So I’m still happy with this one for the time being.

I need some help.

I am trying to get the belt off scavenger Rey, but can’t fit it around her boobs or butt. Does her torso come apart? I don’t want to pull too hard on it for fear of breaking it. But I don’t know how to remove the belt otherwise.

Back