1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey (Resistance Outfit Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect we'll see her in the resistance outfit for longer than five minutes, as she's training on the island under Luke. It's probably only when they leave the planet that she'll switch over to the new costume.

They should have offered a dual pack with both bodies and one head. I would have bought that. I'll just stick with the scavenger I have on pre-order.

The more I look at this figure I can't help but feel the same. Hot Toys definitely missed an opportunity to bring back the DX Series with these Rey figures. I already preordered the Rey and BB-8 set because it was such a deal... and as of now the only way to add BB-8 to my collection. If I really want an unlit lightsaber hilt I'll either use the one that came with the ANH Luke or wait until they release a Maz figure that comes with the chest it was kept in haha.

You have an unlit saber with the scavenger Rey. Nothing wrong with the two pack idea but I don't know why it would be a good idea to have just one head sculpt. A lot of folks would want to display both.

The more I look at this figure I can't help but feel the same. Hot Toys definitely missed an opportunity to bring back the DX Series with these Rey figures. I already preordered the Rey and BB-8 set because it was such a deal... and as of now the only way to add BB-8 to my collection. If I really want an unlit lightsaber hilt I'll either use the one that came with the ANH Luke or wait until they release a Maz figure that comes with the chest it was kept in haha.

I am wondering why other figures have a light up saber but Rey's doesn't....

I am wondering why other figures have a light up saber but Rey's doesn't....

They've yet to produce a swap out saber female arm. Maybe with the Episode 8 version? Personally I find the swap out arms a huge hassle that's not worth it. Just get the Pixelpiper sabers. A lot easier and way brighter and nicer looking.

They've yet to produce a swap out saber female arm. Maybe with the Episode 8 version? Personally I find the swap out arms a huge hassle that's not worth it. Just get the Pixel sabers. A lot easier and way brighter and nicer looking.

Also it might add a zipper like with Kylo.

Rey at STGCC.

29577668451_1ceb50a06d_b.jpg

29659224815_8dbf7e01e8_b.jpg

29368332180_2c58238c26_b.jpg

29548005882_ea45baf530_b.jpg

I'm really digging that outfit. Similar enough to her old one but has a cool gunbelt.

Have to admit this figure doesn't do much for me since it has so little screen time but saw it at NYCC today and the little details are nice.

DSC_0224.jpg
DSC_0228.jpg
DSC_0229.jpg
DSC_0186.jpg

I still really love the outfit and look, but now that I have the other Rey I don't feel the same need to get this one anymore.

It's basically the equivalent of Luke's Yavin outfit at the end of ANH-- looks really damn cool but we don't see it in action long enough for it to really become that memorable or iconic.

Have to admit this figure doesn't do much for me since it has so little screen time but saw it at NYCC today and the little details are nice.

I agree. There's something about seeing these figures in real life that really changes your opinion of them. They just look so damn good. Of course, sometimes the opposite is true as well.

Back