1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree with you on that, but Hot Toys has a way of releasing updated and better versions of many characters (Iron Man or Black Widow anyone?), so as much has I loved that scene and was desperatly wanting to have this Luke (over $300 for me - conversion to Canadian $, + $30 shipping + $40 duty import) this had to be perfect. I can't afford figures that I'm not totally in love with. The Snowspeeder Luke is more a priority for me now (even if its Sideshow - it looks awesome - and yes, I loved their Hoth Han and Luke).

Yeah, snow speeder Luke is much more my cup of tea as well. Maybe if this guy sticks around, and winds up on sale....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, snow speeder Luke is much more my cup of tea as well. Maybe if this guy sticks around, and winds up on sale....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patience is always a virtue... Besides, when this guy ships, we'll already have seen the EP8 trailer (around February I suppose?), everybody's gonna be excited about the new Luke, they'll announce it around September, and TFA Luke will get on sale as the overabundance of TFA troopers.

When Hot Toys started the SW line last year, some sold out quickly, everybody panicked, and grabbed what they could... Since then, they did re-issues of Han, Chewy, Old Ben, then a new RO Vader and Stormtrooper, and so-on... Apart from Stormtrooper Luke that really got sold out (which I'm glad I got), nothing is trully worth pre-ordering anymore.

I don't think you can argue that the likeness if perfect(at least from these photos), but you know it's going to look better in hand. And I really do think even from these photos that it's a nice job from Hot Toys:

5e1image.jpeg

I think it looks fantastic..nice comparison.

Sounds reasonable to me.......but I have seven lukes already

I only have the two HT ANH Lukes.

Not crazy about the likeness of their ESB Bespin Luke DX since it was early HT.

But with current HT sculpting capabilities I'd pretty much buy every Luke they could offer.

-ANH X-Wing Luke
-ANH Throne Room Ceremony Luke
-ESB Hoth Luke
-ESB Bacta Tank/White outfit Luke
-ESB Snowspeeder/X-Wing Luke
-ESB Jedi Training Gear Luke
-ESB Bespin Luke 2.0
-ROTJ Jedi Luke
-ROTJ Endor Luke
-EPISODE VIII Luke
-EPISODE IX Luke

I'd buy 'em all. He's my favorite Star Wars character along with Palpatine.

I only want one representation of Luke from each movie he is in. Farmboy-Bespin-Jedi-Exile and whatever else may come from episode 8 (and hopefully 9).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't really need representations from every movie, just the looks that for me were the coolest or most memorable for each character-- ANH for Leia, ESB for Han, and ROTJ for Luke.

I don't really need representations from every movie, just the looks that for me were the coolest or most memorable for each character-- ANH for Leia, ESB for Han, and ROTJ for Luke.

Smart man. I'm currently all ANH as those seem to be the best versions at the moment, but I hope to work in other versions to have a nice mix and sell off some--only have so much space. It'll possibly come down to which has the best head sculpt and how I can figures up.

Went ahead and preordered. He is the sole reason for the film. He was the end goal. So that little appearance at the end was iconic.

Lol goes to show you how soft the world is now. Lol she would never have taken a pose like that for a "kids" movie today.

For me, its Bespin Luke. That middle ground where he had powers but was not all-powerful. Plus, the military style fatigues kept him grounded in the Alliance and 'real word'.

Yeah I know I'm in a definite minority in here, but I've never really cared for his Bespin fatigues for some reason. They've always looked a bit drab and boring to me, and maybe a little too ordinary and real world.

Sure about that?

Yup. It was a sexy outfit, but I frankly thought Fisher looked a lot cuter in ANH. And plus it's also where the character was her most feisty and badass. By ROTJ she had just become way too quiet and passive, and seemed to be just along for the ride.

Back