1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the "Lactating seacow breasts" as you put it, I had no problem...

Just curious - how would you put it?

It's just they looked exactly like breasts (not like a cow's udder) and had milk trickling out of them, which is lactating. And most articles about the scene referred to it as a sea cow.:dunno

....as for the Leia scene I remember thinking man the haters are going to have a field day with this...by my ninth viewing I was happy with it. I thought it showed quite nicely Leia's latent connection with the force.

Interesting the haters thing occurred to you on first viewing.

So basically you Stockholm syndromed yourself into liking it?
Lol....from the way I worded it I guess you could say that.

Just curious - how would you put it?

It's just they looked exactly like breasts (not like a cow's udder) and had milk trickling out of them, which is lactating. And most articles about the scene referred to it as a sea cow.:dunno

Lactating Thala Sirens breasts...:wink1:

TaliBane said:
Interesting the haters thing occurred to you on first viewing.

Well I am old enough to have lived through the TPM backlash(along with the other prequels)....not to mention the TFA backlash....

....so yeah I thought of the haters.

I guess what I am saying is I recognised the scenes faults straight away but came to accept the scene upon additional viewings....:)

Last edited:
I thought it was hilarious. Months of build up and he tosses the lightsaber.

Yeah- 24 frickin' months!

That's what I turned and said to my friend on opening night of TLJ after he threw the saber- "Two years of waiting and that's it?!" He was laughing, though, so he seemed to like it...

Yep, I had no problems with any of those scenes. What little I knew of the movie before it opened, particularly the trailer having Luke say that the Jedi must end, it seemed him tossing the lightsaber was right in line with Luke being reluctant to help Rey. The milking thing was funny. Although I find it interesting that so many people seem to complain about that. Were people just repulsed or grossed out by it? Why is the hate for that specific scene so intense? Honestly asking. And the only problem I had with the Leia scene was that it felt too similar to the Guardians of the Galaxy scene. Otherwise I went with it. I also thought, "Oh, this is how they are "dealing" with Carrie's death and Leia's character!" But then they didn't, which I thought it would have been an easy out right there. So fine.

“Leia Poppins” was one of my favorite parts of TLJ. So there.

:)panic:)

That's one of the more significant "so theres" I've seen in a while.:lecture

Lol....from the way I worded it I guess you could say that.

Lactating Thala Sirens breasts...:wink1:

Well I am old enough to have lived through the TPM backlash(along with the other prequels)....not to mention the TFA backlash....

....so yeah I thought of the haters.

I guess what I am saying is I recognised the scenes faults straight away but came to accept the scene upon additional viewings....:)

Was there a TPM backlash? The way I remembered it, it honestly seemed like the critical and public consensus was it was bad. With TLJ, it was critics loving it and public reaction hotly debated (backlash or not, degree of backlash, etc.)

if people don't like the ST, then why are they in a thread about a figure from the ST?

It's the problem isn't it... an older version of a much-beloved character in a not-so-beloved new movie.

Yep, I had no problems with any of those scenes. What little I knew of the movie before it opened, particularly the trailer having Luke say that the Jedi must end, it seemed him tossing the lightsaber was right in line with Luke being reluctant to help Rey. The milking thing was funny. Although I find it interesting that so many people seem to complain about that. Were people just repulsed or grossed out by it? Why is the hate for that specific scene so intense? Honestly asking. And the only problem I had with the Leia scene was that it felt too similar to the Guardians of the Galaxy scene. Otherwise I went with it. I also thought, "Oh, this is how they are "dealing" with Carrie's death and Leia's character!" But then they didn't, which I thought it would have been an easy out right there. So fine.

I think for me it was the design and staging, not so much the idea. It was four human-like breasts/nipples situated between the legs of an upright, vaguely human body type (ie where genitals would be) and the fact the human-like breasts/nipples were dribbling milk and Luke then gulps the milk.

Had the design been less "sitting upright human" body shape and it have been more like a cow's udder or animal-like teets running along a body the way a dog or pig has, I might have been more accepting of it.

I think for me it was the design and staging, not so much the idea. It was four human-like breasts/nipples situated between the legs of an upright, vaguely human body type (ie where genitals would be) and the fact the human-like breasts/nipples were dribbling milk and Luke then gulps the milk.

Had the design been less "sitting upright human" body shape and it have been more like a cow's udder or animal-like teets running along a body the way a dog or pig has, I might have been more accepting of it.

Thanks for the response. So, it was straight up grossed-out, huh? :lol Not laughing at you, TB. Just think it's funny how it's a real point of contention against the movie. That was a co-worker's main criticism when I asked him why he didn't like it. He just blurted out, "the milking scene!"

Thanks for the response. So, it was straight up grossed-out, huh? :lol Not laughing at you, TB. Just think it's funny how it's a real point of contention against the movie. That was a co-worker's main criticism when I asked him why he didn't like it. He just blurted out, "the milking scene!"

Well, it was the intention of the filmmakers in that moment to denigrate Luke. It was obviously a thematic point - that this is how "low" Luke had sunk, but I think for people who didn't like how Luke was treated by the movie overall the visual was symbolic of how they turned him into something pathetic and laughable, so people latched onto it.

The great hero of the OT is reduced to a baby sucking on his bottle next to some dribbling nipples and he seems to love it - at least in a cynical, sarcastic way; as if it's all he deserves.

So yeah - it was the design of pseudo-human breasts (which they didn't have to do) that triggers the gross-out response, but the visual overall symbolizes how the movie treated Luke.

Personally, I thought the Looney-Toons cartoon fish Luke catches with his 200 foot long spear :)lol) was just as poorly conceived conceptually, but it didn't have the "gets under your skin" aspect the milk scene does.

Well, it was the intention of the filmmakers in that moment to denigrate Luke. It was obviously a thematic point - that this is how "low" Luke had sunk, but I think for people who didn't like how Luke was treated by the movie overall the visual was symbolic of how they turned him into something pathetic and laughable, so people latched onto it.

The great hero of the OT is reduced to a baby sucking on his bottle next to some dribbling nipples and he seems to love it - at least in a cynical, sarcastic way; as if it's all he deserves.

So yeah - it was the design of pseudo-human breasts (which they didn't have to do) that triggers the gross-out response, but the visual overall symbolizes how the movie treated Luke.

Personally, I thought the Looney-Toons cartoon fish Luke catches with his 200 foot long spear :)lol) was just as poorly conceived conceptually, but it didn't have the "gets under your skin" aspect the milk scene does.

Whoa! You know, I didn’t read that scene like that at all! I absolutely did not see it as trying to denigrate Luke! As a matter of fact, I kinda saw it as Luke purposely trying to shock or gross out Rey as she follows him around the island. Almost as a way to get her to stop following him. He even gives her a glaring look—he’s flaunting what he’s doing. He certainly owns it.

Okay, that’s very interesting. I can see how it would be such a sticking point now.

However, I don’t really think that’s the way Rian intended it. I don’t know. It didn’t come across as pathetic to me in the least. But thank you for really explaining it! That really opens my eyes to how people have been interpreting Luke.

Whoa! You know, I didn’t read that scene like that at all! I absolutely did not see it as trying to denigrate Luke! As a matter of fact, I kinda saw it as Luke purposely trying to shock or gross out Rey as she follows him around the island. Almost as a way to get her to stop following him. He even gives her a glaring look—he’s flaunting what he’s doing. He certainly owns it.

Okay, that’s very interesting. I can see how it would be such a sticking point now.

However, I don’t really think that’s the way Rian intended it. I don’t know. It didn’t come across as pathetic to me in the least. But thank you for really explaining it! That really opens my eyes to how people have been interpreting Luke.

He's a kinda crazy hobo crouched between the legs of sea cow guzzling milk from its dribbling nipples (and half crazy-smirks while doing it,) Lu!:lol

It's one of the first "meet Luke again" moments. I think it must have been Rian's intention. There were other ways you could have achieved the exact same story ideas (of Luke living on desolate island just getting by,) but Rian chose to do what he did.

More TLJ discourse?

tenor.gif

You'd be wrong about that...

I know twas in said in jest hence the :wink1:

Two reasons of possibly hundreds why I will never be buying anything associated with the ST and my wallet will be soo much healthier for it. Thank you Disney. Now HT where are the rest of the OT characters :impatient:

Yup, I agree its broken my addiction somewhat but not for OT. At least Its allowing me to focus now.

....as for the Leia scene I remember thinking man the haters are going to have a field day with this...by my ninth viewing I was happy with it. I thought it showed quite nicely Leia's latent connection with the force.

And this yet again shows how we are all very different and the world is a better place for it as I think it did exactly the opposite.

:clap:clap Perfectly put.

I probably dislike the fish scene just as much though due to him performing the act while disconnected from the force. I couldn't help thinking on my second viewing (tickets were already pre-ordered unfortunately) would he use the force to save himself if he fell?
No probably not he came here to die . . . . .
But then . . . . . he left a map . . . . . WTF!?!?

I totally agree. Luke was basically just telling Rey to eff off. He certainly was cranky. If anything is missing from the movie, I would have wanted to see more depth to his underlying sadness. He obviously has deep regrets, which could have been given more screen time.

Back