1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Mine is the same. I just put the latch under the handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Here's my Han after a bunch of work I did on him over the weekend. For me the golden hair was just throwing off the likeness too much, so I decided to gray it up a bit (although I may still need to tweak that some more). I also darkened and weathered the jacket, weathered the holster, slightly darkened the boots, took in the pants to make them a bit less baggy without the padding, gave him some thinner padding around the torso, weathered the blaster, and painted the scope a gloss black like it appears in the movie.

I know the shoulders are probably still a bit too wide, but I don't have any other good bodies on hand so will probably just have to make do with this one.

20170515_180933 (584x1000).jpg

20170515_180419 (587x1000).jpg

20170515_180849 (575x1000).jpg

20170515_180816 (642x1000).jpg

Damn, can I send you my jacket for weathering? That came out great.

Ditto. Great job. What did you weather the leather with?

Thanks guys. It wasn't really that complicated. I just did a couple washes of gloss black (with a bit of flat gray mixed in), and then went over that with a bunch of little scuffs and weathering here and there with a brown chalk pastel stick.

Awesome - thanks davejames
That's my next move.

Super valiant attempt! I much prefer real hair over a lump of plastic. I know short hair is a challenge. My only suggestion would be to "fluff" it a bit. Its a bit clumpy in the photos with some really sharp cuts and angles giving it a Japanese anime look. To add even some more realism, try airbrushing (or perhaps pastels) some darker tones underneath and lighter highlights on top.

Thanks for the tip!!!!! Your def right. It was the hair spray/gel I put it that gave it those cuts and angles. I washed it out and let it dry and it's now looking more natural. Great idea with the pastels. Def gonna give it a go. What I love about the real hair is you can futz with it and get any look you want and if something doesn't come out right just wet it and try again. Yeah, it's funny how the shorter the hair the harder it is to get accuracy. Longer hair is a lot more forgiving.

Here's my Han after a bunch of work I did on him over the weekend. For me the golden hair was just throwing off the likeness too much, so I decided to gray it up a bit (although I may still need to tweak that some more). I also darkened and weathered the jacket, weathered the holster, slightly darkened the boots, took in the pants to make them a bit less baggy without the padding, gave him some thinner padding around the torso, weathered the blaster, and painted the scope a gloss black like it appears in the movie.

I know the shoulders are probably still a bit too wide, but I don't have any other good bodies on hand so will probably just have to make do with this one.

View attachment 342046

View attachment 342047

View attachment 342048

View attachment 342049

Awesome work!!!!!! Just perfect

IMG_0267.jpgIMG_0269.jpg

I still got to work on the hair color but the styling looks better after I washed out all the gel and hair spray thanks to the tip.

Hair on TFA Solo looks great.

Overall, another awesome set by Hot Toys with this Force Awakens Han Solo and Chewbacca. Chewie's snout should've been better, but a bit of futzing improves it. And the Han Solo head sculpt is pretty much perfect!

IMG_3832b.jpg

Overall, another awesome set by Hot Toys with this Force Awakens Han Solo and Chewbacca. Chewie's snout should've been better, but a bit of futzing improves it. And the Han Solo head sculpt is pretty much perfect!

View attachment 342432
Your Chewie head looks great. You didn't mod it at all? Also how did you get the mouth to open that much? Mine can only open half as much as yours. Thanks!

No mods on my head. I just gently pried it as far as it could go. I think it can open wider but I didnt want to risk snapping anything.

Another collector with good eyes just told me one of the silver studs on the Han holster is missing! You can see the glue mark for where it was. I'll have to go looking on the table for it!!

No mods on my head. I just gently pried it as far as it could go. I think it can open wider but I didnt want to risk snapping anything.

Another collector with good eyes just told me one of the silver studs on the Han holster is missing! You can see the glue mark for where it was. I'll have to go looking on the table for it!!

If you have the Hot Toys ANH Han Solo, inside the box there was a small baggy of 5 extra silver studs under the extra hand pegs. That is where I found mine.

*** I also found a bag of extra studs within the spare hand pegs for old man Solo as well.

Last edited:

If you have the Hot Toys ANH Han Solo, inside the box there was a small baggy of 5 extra silver studs under the extra hand pegs. That is where I found mine.

*** I also found a bag of extra studs within the spare hand pegs for old man Solo as well.

Ah cool, thanks for the help! Will check the little bag tonight.

Any ideas on what type of glue to use? I only have superglue to glue plastics etc together. I assume these studs only need the tiniest amount to stick, but is superglue OK, or will that damage the holster "leather"? Maybe I should use a lesser glue like fabric glue or something? My kids might have that stuff around...

Ah cool, thanks for the help! Will check the little bag tonight.

Any ideas on what type of glue to use? I only have superglue to glue plastics etc together. I assume these studs only need the tiniest amount to stick, but is superglue OK, or will that damage the holster "leather"? Maybe I should use a lesser glue like fabric glue or something? My kids might have that stuff around...

I use super glue for everything lol! You can't go wrong with a bit of superglue and it should never come unstuck again!

Yes, superglue and use tweezers to apply the little rivet that fell off.

Back