1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Great SW collection! :clap

Looks like you're going the same route I am and basing the majority of your collection on ANH and TFA.

People seem to really not like the hex stands, but at least you can stagger the figures closer together. The HT metal-grate bases take up so much room side by side. They probably should have been about an inch narrower.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

People seem to really not like the hex stands, but at least you can stagger the figures closer together. The HT metal-grate bases take up so much room side by side. They probably should have been about an inch narrower.

Yeah, the hex TFA bases are probably the most practical bases HT has offered recently in the sense they're not as voluminous. I'm a big advocate of the standard oval bases for several reasons: they're much less spacious, they reduce the height of the figures significantly and they allow you to position and angle the figure in any particular way you want by simply rotating the base any direction without it looking odd, even with a name plate on them. Diorama bases can look cool, but I prefer simplicity and rather would let the figure speak for itself on its own without an ornate base.

I'm in the process of attempting to transfer my entire collection to oval bases. In the end, they just make for a cleaner looking collection, in my opinion. It's the next step above free standing the figures.

I just wish they'd stick to one type of base for the entire Star Wars line.

I prefer the grates by a mile because you can move the post around and they just look so much better. For me the added dio aspect makes the unsightly post more forgivable. There is nothing redeemable about those cheap black hexes from hot toys or ssc. Sideshow had a good thing going when they included the Hoth and Endor trimmings but then raised prices and removed them:gah:

Yeah the oval bases are the best. I buy a bunch of cheap ones on eBay every now and then to replace the ones that come with the figures.

Yeah the oval bases are the best. I buy a bunch of cheap ones on eBay every now and then to replace the ones that come with the figures.

:exactly:

I just buy packs of the generic, blank ones. Recently purchased a pack of 10 and replaced half of my TFA and all of my ANH collection with them.

I just buy packs of the generic, blank ones. Recently purchased a pack of 10 and replaced half of my TFA and all of my ANH collection with them.

Yeah, they're so so so cheap too.

Are those cheap ones on eBay the same quality as the older HT ones? Or is the post a little loose and the molding look a little rough etc.?

TaliBane, I've bought those generic ones many times (in bulk for better pricing) and the quality is comparable to the original HT ones.

Add Evilface's decals, if you prefer, and you've got a great looking display.

Got an email from Sideshow saying that my Han Solo shipped.

Third time my orders behave shipped from Hong Kong. Dies anyone else get those orders from HK via SSC?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got an email from Sideshow saying that my Han Solo shipped.

Third time my orders behave shipped from Hong Kong. Dies anyone else get those orders from HK via SSC?

Non-US based customers usually receive their shipment from HK direct. At least when they are PO. For in stock items, they can be shipped from the US as well as they are obviously already in their California based warehouse.

Ah ok. That makes so much sense. Thanks Tee-Kay.

Just got my Han. Amazing head sculpt in person. Best I've ever seen on a figure. However, I've been trying to get those cartridges into his jacket for the past 45 minutes and about to give up. At this point I feel like I'm going to rip something at any moment. They just don't ******* fit those holes!!!

Are those cheap ones on eBay the same quality as the older HT ones? Or is the post a little loose and the molding look a little rough etc.?

Like FAF stated, there's no difference in quality at all. The posts insert precisely the same way and don't sit loosely. The molding and finish is the same as well. However, I will say that whenever I can, I try and get the ones without the name decal bar. I have a mixture of both (ones with and without it), but I try and get the ones without.

Just got my Han. Amazing head sculpt in person. Best I've ever seen on a figure. However, I've been trying to get those cartridges into his jacket for the past 45 minutes and about to give up. At this point I feel like I'm going to rip something at any moment. They just don't ******* fit those holes!!!

When inserting them, try giving them a little bit of a twist as you push them downward as opposed to simply pushing them straight downward.

I had two that went in with minimal effort, twisting and such, maybe a minute or so each. And one that took about 25 minutes alone—would try coming in through the bottom to loosen up the hole, etc. Was maddening!

Back