1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

My Han came in yesterday morning. Those cartridges gave me a hard time going in as well on the brown jacket. Especially the one near the armpit. Took a while and I was worried it might tear, but they went in eventually working from the bottom up.

Another thing to mention is that I'm not sure I like the fatsuit underneath as it hinders the articulation at the hips. But other than those issues the articulation is really good at the other joints, and it's a great looking figure. Especially with the winter jacket and gloved hands for the Starkiller Base look. I think it's my favorite display style for the figure. You can also achieve the look when he's re-entering the base and he's not wearing the gloves and the jacket is opened.

Overall I'm happy to finally have him. Great headsculpt and paint, and looks awesome with the other TFA heroes.

Ok Hot Toys, I'm ready for ESB Han.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

387d350acac74897a5e707706723ad69.jpg

Still loving it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Still loving it haha.

I bought a loose force awakens chewie from the two-pack last week . I can't wait for this guy to arrive - he looks great.

With the right lighting and pose the TFA Chewy face can look sort of passable, but a lot of the time it's as if you Google image search "bad taxidermy cat."

Still loving it haha.

Looks nice and your muzzle gap is pretty good, can't believe you didn't mod. I was watching a review on youtube yesterday and the gap was awful. I hope when I get mine it looks like yours.

Looks nice and your muzzle gap is pretty good, can't believe you didn't mod. I was watching a review on youtube yesterday and the gap was awful. I hope when I get mine it looks like yours.

I saw the review. I'm telling you...mine was similar. It is just a matter of really working the fur all around the face and especially the muzzle.

Like someone posted earlier, it is a good approach to do it a lil bit a day. I wet the fur and really tried to find where the fur met the seams of the eyes and mouth and tried to expose those areas. With the muzzle I really tried to flatten it and even added hair pomade and give it weight and texture so it didn't have that puffy dog look. I've said it many times...I really like the figure and I'm happy you enjoy it too.

The more I look at Han the more I wish I had two. One to display with the brown jacket, and one for the Starkiller Base jacket.

Congrats on getting him, Indy. He's selling out most places.

Anyone order from AP Collectibles recently? Their site hasn't been updated in forever. I have one order from them that I'm not sure will be fulfilled.

Thanks TonTon! Yeah he's not even waitlisted at SS, just sold out. Guess they decreased the production size after having the other TFA figures sitting.

This one's a winner overall. Great likeness to Harrison, swappable outfit, and all needed accessories for the character.

Yeah, of all the TFA figures to decrease production on, I don't think this was the one Hot Toys. :lol

For real. This one is one of the highlights of the TFA line for sure. They could benefit from doing another run.

Han's below retail on eBay, for now.

The wave of buyers remorse sales. :lol

Saved me after SS let me cancel the 2 pack. Dodged a bullet & didn't have to break the bank to get him.

Both figures were still on the shelf in my local store. Not marked down though ;-)

In mean time, I'm still finding myself messing about with these guys every day.

I saw the review. I'm telling you...mine was similar. It is just a matter of really working the fur all around the face and especially the muzzle.

Like someone posted earlier, it is a good approach to do it a lil bit a day. I wet the fur and really tried to find where the fur met the seams of the eyes and mouth and tried to expose those areas. With the muzzle I really tried to flatten it and even added hair pomade and give it weight and texture so it didn't have that puffy dog look. I've said it many times...I really like the figure and I'm happy you enjoy it too.

No way! Well congrats on how good you got yours to look. Do you think you'll ever try the mod, or are you happy with how it looks. I don't think your's really needs it personally.

Yeah I noticed yours doesn't have that awful puff look that so many have, so how did you flatten it and what exactly is hair pomade?

For real. This one is one of the highlights of the TFA line for sure. They could benefit from doing another run.

Yeah they did that with the new hope figs after they sold out and now they are collecting dust on shelves. I think (maybe) they have learned their lesson on second runs.

Yeah they did that with the new hope figs after they sold out and now they are collecting dust on shelves. I think (maybe) they have learned their lesson on second runs.

Yeah that's a valid point. I wasn't collecting HT when they first released, but did ANH Han sell out on SS before he even released, like this one did? And I think you get a better package with this one, plus the better likeness.

No way! Well congrats on how good you got yours to look. Do you think you'll ever try the mod, or are you happy with how it looks. I don't think your's really needs it personally.

Yeah I noticed yours doesn't have that awful puff look that so many have, so how did you flatten it and what exactly is hair pomade?

Again thank you for the love!

Never will I do the mod. I just don't want to accidentally wreck it and I said to myself that I will work solely on what I was given and see what I can get out of it.

How did i flatten it. Short answer...trail and error. Long answer...keep brushing it, working the fur, try and flatten it with your hands. The pomade works tho. Pomade is a hair product. I use this stuff:

296ad73230a22ecff52d5eb18a8913a9.jpg

Haha trust me the figure will make you feel like you are a hair stylist or something. Some have used hair spray.

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

4ad0ac5db7cd2e40f70fe510e3e23069.jpg

Those mini screwdriver pieces were critical. Basically had to stick them in one end while I worked the canisters in from the opposite direction, wiggling them around to try and stretch the material out. Still took about 45 minutes, this was after leaving the screwdriver pieces in for a while to try and stretch the material out too. Mine was just clearly not sewn with enough space for those things to fit. Easily the most annoying thing I've ever had to assemble onto a figure.

Awesome Pic! Great job! I am still so blown away at the realism of this one. It's one of the very few pieces i have owned in the passed 20 years of collecting that looks like it could start moving and or speaking at any moment

Back