1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Yeah definitely, and it's already been a while since he was released in Hong Kong, so I thought SS would be getting him in sooner than that. Gimme now!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

So what is the consensus here on Chewie? I have the 2 pack on PO at BBTS but seeing all the images in this thread and around the net it looks like Chewie is pretty bad and given how I don't mod my figures I'm not sure how it would turn out. I just lucked into a PO on the single Han at BBTS and I'm not sure if I should cancel the 2 Pack or not.

So what is the consensus here on Chewie? I have the 2 pack on PO at BBTS but seeing all the images in this thread and around the net it looks like Chewie is pretty bad and given how I don't mod my figures I'm not sure how it would turn out. I just lucked into a PO on the single Han at BBTS and I'm not sure if I should cancel the 2 Pack or not.

There are some that looks alright and some that looks bad. Basically we don't know yet we've not seen a large enough sample size yet. Could be a first batch problem could be more common.

There is one that looks alright and all the rest that looks bad. Basically we don't know yet we've not seen a large enough sample size yet. Could be a first batch problem could be more common.

Fixed for you.:wink1:

How the hell did they mess up Chewie??!! Couldn't they just use the old head, lighten up the hair like they did, maybe squint the eyes more like he looked in TFA?

How the hell did they mess up Chewie??!! Couldn't they just use the old head, lighten up the hair like they did, maybe squint the eyes more like he looked in TFA?

I still think the only thing that went wrong is the nose placement. It's too far up. Also to add to the list I'd like bigger sharper teeth.

I think it's because they got overzealous and tried to do more rather than perfect what they already had.

I saw 2 of TFA Chewbacca figures today in my local collectors stores.

Easily the worst figure they had for sale. Looked poor side by side with the previous version.

I sure that when the creative team told fabrication they wanted to go with a hinged jaw, they went back to the drawing board instead of modding the original and something went wrong. Misinterpretation of a measurement or maybe the new jaw structure just required the change (although that's hard to envision).

The truly frustrating part is not that the had issues with the new design, it's that someone (or several someones) looked at this and said, "Yeah, that's good enough" and hit the "approved" button... I don't think that level of professional disinterest is what any of us expect when we lay down substantial coin for a Hot Toy.

If you go on YouTube you can find a Hot Toys team video unboxing of the 2-pack. They mention that the likeness isn't all that great - but that's what Disney wanted. Soooo, according to them, they wanted to make it accurate, but Kathleen Kennedy preferred this monstrosity.

That's depressing if true. Why did HT even fabricate a prototype that terrible looking for Disney/Lucasfilm to see in the first place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you go on YouTube you can find a Hot Toys team video unboxing of the 2-pack. They mention that the likeness isn't all that great - but that's what Disney wanted. Soooo, according to them, they wanted to make it accurate, but Kathleen Kennedy preferred this monstrosity.

That to me sounds like a cop out!

I find that hard to believe.

Is this the same Kathleen Kennedy who implied that the Skywalker family line will die out with episode 9?

Wit this Chewbacca release, it seems that Lucas's failure is now complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but does anyone think (or know) if this Han will see a re-release? Tempted to order on eBay from Asia.

Is this the same Kathleen Kennedy who implied that the Skywalker family line will die out with episode 9?

Wit this Chewbacca release, it seems that Lucas's failure is now complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can it be Lucas's failure is now complete?

i blame Lucas for everything - just my opinion

Yeah, I don't think there's much doubt that this is a cop-out. What they are saying is that Disney/LucasFilm approved the prototype. We've all seen the prototype, and it was MUCH better than what rolled off the line.

Disney also approved some nice Chewbacca slippers my son wears too. I don't think they are too concerned with likeness - just that the product doesn't demean or reflect badly on their property. Hot Toys is the company we turn to (and pay our money to) for top-teir likenesses. This is a Hot Toys issue, not a Disney one.

Back