1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

beaut.gif

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

If mine comes in like that it's going straight back. HT should issue replacement heads.

So.. yeah I'm going to cancel this. It's not sold out anywhere and only Hot Toys themselves are to blame for it. Thiss figure is one of their most expensive and it doesn't show. Bad form Hot Toys.

Love this set...solo came out fantastic and chewie could have been great but for the mouth/muzzle which is a mess and will need work.. View attachment 333863

The Han is one of the best SW high-end figures ever produced.

That Chewy doesn't belong with that Han.

Matrix has the best Chewie ever. And then also the TFA Chewie. Congrats on getting Han, exquisite is definitely an appropriate description. :clap

If you go on YouTube you can find a Hot Toys team video unboxing of the 2-pack. They mention that the likeness isn't all that great - but that's what Disney wanted. Soooo, according to them, they wanted to make it accurate, but Kathleen Kennedy preferred this monstrosity.

Link..?

For those who have Old Han, I was wondering is it just the lighting in pics that make Han's hair seem gold? Because I saw a YouTube reviewer say in hand it does look the proper grayish brown that Ford has now and in the film

Nice shots Matrix! :hi5:

I still think this Chewie looks better than the ANH version photographed. It just needs some more tweaking on the lips :lecture

Han looks amazing but I have made a oath to my wallet to only purchase OT products

Seriously can't wait to repaint the hair on this, as I just find that unvarying grayish brown color of theirs really damn ugly to look at.

I'm gonna darken the lip area a bit as my Chewie has no dark hair. This is the best I can get him. Any tips to improve is welcomed.
IMG_0108.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg

Well yeah darken it. If you have the nerve you could thin out the 'stashe a bit. Looks pretty well futzed gj! The open mouth is definately the best look. I'd also look in to sculpting his corner teeth (?) a bit bigger. Chewie has pretty sharp dog like teeth!

I'm gonna darken the lip area a bit as my Chewie has no dark hair. This is the best I can get him. Any tips to improve is welcomed.
View attachment 334029
View attachment 334030

Darkening the lips is not the best. Try lighting the lips instead :lecture

Try flesh tint paint. It's a mix of pink and flesh in one bottle. If you have hobby store or Michaels near you they should carry something similar in the water based acrylic paint section.

I've used it numerous times with HT hs and it's perfect to enhance lip color and make it seem more natural :wave

Awesome display man, love it! :clap

What's the widest the Chewy mouth can open? Can it do the "roar" mouth pose, or is it more just slightly open?

This is the widest I got it IMG_4344.JPGIMG_4342.JPG

Back