1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Sorry if this has been clarified before, but Are these shipping to the US yet? I'm on the wait list and crossing my fingers it converts. I also put a preorder in at BBTS and hoping one comes through.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I finished the upper mouth and jaw surgery revision based upon feedback that I got here. I haven't even begun to it futz yet, and I did order the fabric pens off of eBay that James recommended (hoping that I can get mine to look 1/3rd as good as his -- and thanks for the positive advice James [emoji1303]). Having said all of that, I no longer have any regrets about doing this, honestly, I got one of the worst out of the box TFA Chewie's that anyone has seen with a massive gap between the upper lip and the nose, anything would have been an improvement:

be125696d939ee49dfa4e2a26a49b6b1.jpg

496787741d062fff69fc1c00e7bde539.jpg
9f2bbd954571d6c3b92f60e4974cec07.jpg
0919fdec00bfcee8543c70b96a9b1bfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is definitely much better, Faststreets! Kudos for being brave enough to attempt such a feat. I think with some good futzing he's gonna look great!

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

That is definitely much better, Faststreets! Kudos for being brave enough to attempt such a feat. I think with some good futzing he's gonna look great!

Thanks Mad Old Lu, that means a lot coming from you.

Hot Toys hit a great streak of simply making Characters from movies look like photos from the film, it's hard to believe that this just slipped by them.

Here's to hoping for a deluxe ESB Chewie (that actually looks like Chewie):

134b5e33455e57bc9ad88eb78e9686e1.jpg
a5ff753ea1f00d0965c08a472b4bba73.jpg
325595f7250fe0cdfb501148ba5600a7.jpg
821c35e48af37b8d8b6f68d2d89de745.jpg

Who is going to be the first to drill through the Han body so that they can pose him with Kylo Ren sharing his lightsaber with him?... :wink1:

Someone should do a angry, pouty tiny Kylo custom and match this pose with Han...

maxresdefault.jpg

There's just something so off about this Chewbacca! I don't think it's just the mouth or the gap!

There's just something so off about this Chewbacca! I don't think it's just the mouth or the gap!

Agreed. Hot Toys needs to address the truth that we all always knew, but could never quite put our fingers on ... that Chewie kind of looks a lot like Kurt Russell in ANH:

712bfc3ed313e13e38a247fb9003bc05.jpg

I've said it before I'll say it again: you have to futz the hair so it shows the whole mouth. The corners of the mouth are always visible on chewbacca and not covered with hair.

It's going to take several more revisions (at least no more surgical revisions), and a lot of futzing to get this anywhere near finished.

Playing the devils advocate here. And I think I mentioned this before but....
I just say that even if film studios have had difficulty replicating some the older characters and their likeness (I'm pointing at Chewie and Vader here) than why can't we understand that it may be difficult to replicate as a figure and in sixth scale. These are studios with all of the resources available to them as well.

fb14facaaede89500201dcf0cd83c6a5.jpg

f6ef55edc2286726d47c1a6e7336a853.jpg

78367267e49038d08b6261191abd6ea8.jpg

I know these are expensive collectibles and we SHOULD hold them accountable to standards in any way...but let's not forget that it may be a difficult process to translate reality into figure.

Who is going to be the first to drill through the Han body so that they can pose him with Kylo Ren sharing his lightsaber with him?... :wink1:

I would but I'm too busy working on my faulty jetpack for boba fett that sputters and smokes with the push of a button.

The ROTS Chewie looks like he's wearing the crappy Chewbacca mask Will Ferrel had at the end of Step Brothers. I don't understand how George made some things look worse in the PT given the advancement of technology between trilogies.

The ROTS Chewie looks like he's wearing the crappy Chewbacca mask Will Ferrel had at the end of Step Brothers. I don't understand how George made some things look worse in the PT given the advancement of technology between trilogies.

But you get my point tho?

Personally, I like this new Chewie.
It's a whole bunch of hair that just needs to be combed (I used the brush from my razor) into place: styled if you like.
Depending on how you brush, or comb the hair, you get a different look. Some looks aren't good ;-)
I've got mine looking the way I want him for now. I aimed for a sad look, being for now, alone with Rey: no Han.

I know he won't meet everyone's expectations, but I sent pics to my sister in law (a big Chewie fan) and she loved it. They are coming over in the summer for a holiday, so I'll buy one for her: she can do her own brushing!!!

What's the chances of Hot Toys doing an Empire Strikes Back Han and Chewie? I have the ANH Han, and I was hoping the TFA Chewie would be better than the ANH one, but that doesn't seem like the case. I have the Han Solo/Chewie TFA two-pack pre-ordered on BBTS, but not having the "perfect" Chewie is making me consider canceling my pre-order. I really think the TFA Han Solo looks amazing, but I prefer "young" Han Solo at his peak. Did Hot Toys ever hint they would do different versions of Han, Luke, Chewie and Leia from Empire or ROTJ?

What's the chances of Hot Toys doing an Empire Strikes Back Han and Chewie? I have the ANH Han, and I was hoping the TFA Chewie would be better than the ANH one, but that doesn't seem like the case. I have the Han Solo/Chewie TFA two-pack pre-ordered on BBTS, but not having the "perfect" Chewie is making me consider canceling my pre-order. I really think the TFA Han Solo looks amazing, but I prefer "young" Han Solo at his peak. Did Hot Toys ever hint they would do different versions of Han, Luke, Chewie and Leia from Empire or ROTJ?

I’d say there’s a very good chance ESB Han will get made by HT. Sideshow’s Bespin version was ages ago. Plus HT have already made ESB Luke, and have Yoda and the Snowtrooper up for preorder. So chances are they will get to Han.

The problem is that it could be a while. With all these new Disney SW movies coming out once a year, HT barely has time to get new characters done. However HT previewed several OT figures last year: most notably the Gonk droids, Death Star Trooper and Gunner, ROTJ Stormies, Snowtrooper Commander. So HT is showing that they’re still interested in making OT SW.

Chewie OTOH I think is a little more of a question mark since his look didn’t change much if at all during the OT. Although, I’d say there’s still a chance since HT is not one to let the opportunity to re-use existing designs and molds pass them by.

They'll do ESB figures, just a matter of when.

Back