1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Sorry, i could'nt EFFFFFFIN' help:

HANCHEWYSTUNT.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Han looks like Gordon Ramsey....I'm not sure about him at all. Looking forward to in hand pics.
Lol Now all I see is Gordon Ramsey!! Damn!!!! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji31]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chewie doesnt look terrible but looks nothing like the real one on the movie. how many movies must pass until we got a good likeness?

chewie doesnt look terrible but looks nothing like the real one on the movie. how many movies must pass until we got a good likeness?

Until another company does 1/6 version of Chewie

Anybody wonder why SSC hasn't tried a Chewie yet hmmm.

Sideshow Freak Initiate: Guys, please. Let's remember to keep the joy in this hobby.

Sideshow Freak Veteran: This is the joy...

I still feel the nose is too high. Yes the mouth is too low as well, but if the nose can somehow be detached and reapplied lower, it would improve the figure by not making his mouth look like a chimp

The fact that we all seem to be lining up to criticize this Han sculpt, THIS Han sculpt, is all you need to know about the state of this hobby.

IMG_2554.JPG

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

The fact that we all seem to be lining up to criticize this Han sculpt, THIS Han sculpt, is all you need to know about the state of this hobby.

View attachment 326565

Top left sculpt looks NOTHING like Harrison Ford. All I see is Tom Cruise.

Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think changing the size of the nose is the big issue. The "mustache" is way too puffy and the lips are too dark. There's flesh showing between the lips and mustache on the real Chewie. I'd dare to say that the sculpt is probably spot on if you remove all the fur, and re fur it & repaint lips. But who is brave enough to try that and take chance of ruining a $250 figure?

When is sideshow shipping Chewie? ( for those that received an email ?

As soon as their China Funfair plush toy Manufacturers deliver them.

I've actually started making a new head sculpt for my ANH Chewie. This is just the first step, I just did a quick sculpt last night. I will now start to tweak it here and there. I used the head from the DC Direct Comedian and sculpted a "mask" over his face. This will allow me to glue the fur from the inside out around the eyes and the nose and mouth. Like I said this is still the first rough sculpt, minus nose, lips etc. I hope to have a close to screen accurate Chewie in my collection, if this works out.
2017-02-05%2010.11.43.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It does still appear to me that the face is a bit too wide (as is apparent in all the comparison photos), and I was really hoping it would come out as narrow as in the JC Hong photo below. But as I expected it was just his camera elongating the head again.

I agree though it's still a really strong likeness and I suspect with some grayer hair will look even better.

hs.jpg

OK so I did a quick edit to see how a bigger nose on Chewie would look like, thoughts?

View attachment 326361

His eyes and the fur around them also are too angled down. They should be more horizontal and not imply that sheepish Garry and the hendersons look.

That upper lip looks like he had an allergic reaction

This is the first time I've actually gone and cancelled a preorder. And I'm dung out of luck because now han is waitlisred and I like the han.

I have two anh Chewies. I can't go through it again. I'm sorry I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my TFA Han for 230.00 shipped just now. Glad I saw the in hand pics before I pulled the trigger on the fuzz ball.

View attachment 326565

Anyone that sees this sculpts better pictures will immediately recognize ford. I love this sculpt, it's terrific and unfortunately the first ford sculpt they pretty much nailed. Too bad about the hair color but it's minor.

I kind of get why some people complain. Prices are rising and results are mediocre. But Han is close to perfect

Back