1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I kind of get why some people complain. Prices are rising and results are mediocre. But Han is close to perfect

Yeah I really don't get the Han debate. He looks very good. I just think people believe it is so easy to make a figure in sixth scale look like the real thing. They do try as hard as they can I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

This old Han is definitely an outstanding figure relative to the many lackluster Star Wars offerings that we've been given, including unfortunately his counterpart Chewbacca.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

It does still appear to me that the face is a bit too wide (as is apparent in all the comparison photos), and I was really hoping it would come out as narrow as in the JC Hong photo below. But as I expected it was just his camera elongating the head again.

I agree though it's still a really strong likeness and I suspect with some grayer hair will look even better.

View attachment 326580

That looks really realistic, even the hair color. :horror

Maybe it all comes down to seeing the hair tone in person before I decide to add grey to it.

Can't make up my mind yet on Chewie? Han looks amazing to me in this Budget Stark unboxing, and I think Chewie looks better in this video then any pic I've seen so far. Definitely waiting to see more pics and a review before I cancel the set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ImribqajWc

Yes Han does look good in that video. Chewie actually looked better in the box than after in the photos :lol I think lens distortion is playing tricks again.

My wait list converted for the 2pck. Hmmm..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Han is definitely wearing a fat suit under the shirt because I already saw it uses the regular build TT

Han is friggin fantastic.

Chewie is a friggin mess.

Timewalkertoys just put Chewie on Imminent Arrival. No sign of Han on there yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.

Timewalkertoys just put Chewie on Imminent Arrival. No sign of Han on there yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.

Seems like Han was the hold up as the single Chewies started shipping to some folks from Sideshow today. Plus it's been strangely available in Japan for a bit. I've been tempted to bite on a Han from Hong Kong. Gotta be patient. :gah:

Han is amazing, no question. All these problems with Chewie made me look at the actual film again. Han's jacket is like loose and hanging loosely in the film, the Hot Toys jacket is great, but just seems way too tight compared to the way he looks in the film, hope that he is wearing fat suit (so I can get rid of it). That's the one thing that's been bugging me, the tightness. I'm sure that the jacket could be easily improved with some futzing ...

Han is amazing, no question. All these problems with Chewie made me look at the actual film again. Han's jacket is like loose and hanging loosely in the film, the Hot Toys jacket is great, but just seems way too tight compared to the way he looks in the film, hope that he is wearing fat suit (so I can get rid of it). That's the one thing that's been bugging me, the tightness. I'm sure that the jacket could be easily improved with some futzing ...

Hey faststreets! Where ya been?

Im gonna go ahead try and get the 2pck. Im starting to see something in these 2 figures worthwhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hey faststreets! Where ya been?

Just busy on some projects ... plus I can't afford to buy every figure that I wished that I could either ... so, in the spirit of complete contradiction, I just spent over $500. on this set with Chewie (who looks like he was genetically mixed with a plush toy)

Am I the only one that was a fan of PERS?
I know they didn't pull it off on every figure but on some I feel it really worked, like Bespin Luke, and gave them a much more lifelike realism!

Am I the only one that was a fan of PERS?
I know they didn't pull it off on every figure but on some I feel it really worked, like Bespin Luke, and gave them a much more lifelike realism!

Depends on the figure. I loved pers on the batman after modding. Not on the Joker. Quality differs per figure unfortunately. Luke could work wonders with good pers though. I wish yoda had pers.

Back