1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I think it looks good so far. Not sure I need it in my collection. I have Ren and would like someone to go next to him but not sure who to get. Stormtrooper? Fasma? Rey? Finn? Solo?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I'm probably going to put solo next to rey and I have a stormtrooper next to kylo.

The problem for me is how can you pose Han without Chewie? If you rob ANH Han of his Chewie, ANH Han will look even more out of place than old Solo solo (see what I did there?). I'm down for the set...

um... is that jacket brown or blue?
Chewie looks much younger.

The problem for me is how can you pose Han without Chewie? If you rob ANH Han of his Chewie, ANH Han will look even more out of place than old Solo solo (see what I did there?). I'm down for the set...

I would love to have a Chewie next to Han. But I can't justify ordering this one based off of those prototype pictures. Maybe once someone has him in hand they will figure out a way to futz with him enough to make him look decent? Or maybe I'm just stuck waiting until they finally get it right. I wish they put more effort into improving him from the ANH version.

Yep, I get it. And when/if they finally get it right by your measure, you could always order two...or three, or how ever many you'll need by then.

I have to come back to this though... An EXTREMELY high percentage of folks who actually own ANH Chewie think he's incredible and potentially or clearly the HT Figure of the year. Just about all of the people who are not convinced are the ones on the outside doing their best to judge from pictures. I was firmly in that camp myself when all we had were those terrible promo shots and horribly futzed convention shots.

So my advice remains this: Find a vendor with whom you are comfortable with their return policy, and order up ANH Chewie. Get him home, in your hands, and see what you and it are capable of. If you do this and still dislike him you can always get a refund or credit. But the odds are WAY in Chewie's favor in terms of the impressions of owners...

I have a local retailer that sells Hot Toys and they have a bunch of stuff on display. When I go pick up Rey I'll take a good look at the ANH Chewie they have on display.

I've seen people compare it to the DX13 and DX06 as their favourite Hot Toy figure ever. Then I look at a picture and I'm like what the hell are you talking about...

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

The ANH Chewy had a serious facelift which was a huge improvement, in the way the facial hair was seated. Unfortunately, some people got the original version batch before the tweak happened. (That's the version shown in the promo pics) Lucky for me, I got the improved version, which I love.

This new Episode VII version looks horrible IMO, but it represents the Chewy in the film pretty well- which was also horrible IMO.

The new aged Han sculpt looks very good, but I just can't believe the price for the set.

PASS.

At least it's still cheaper than the ER 2001 figures - and monolith - ;-) ...just fun!

Last edited:

I have ANH Chewie and decided not to purchase ANH Han and I'm cool with it. IMO Chewie is a art piece and Han is...just another figure! Just like Old Man T-800 I would love to have TFA Han in my collection but I don't really need it.

I have a local retailer that sells Hot Toys and they have a bunch of stuff on display. When I go pick up Rey I'll take a good look at the ANH Chewie they have on display.

I've seen people compare it to the DX13 and DX06 as their favourite Hot Toy figure ever. Then I look at a picture and I'm like what the hell are you talking about...
I don't really get the dislike for the Chewy Figure from ANH. Yes, every figure has flaws, but I feel most people want to make the ANH version look like the ESB version which is different for most of the film than the earliest Chewie.

Yeah, give the ANH version a closer look in hand for sure.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but what happened with that Chewbacca? I Just don't see any resemblance to the character at all. Han looks fantastic, better than I could have hoped for, but Chewbacca isn't even remotely appealing. Terrible. Chewy has such a specific face that Hot Toys just can't seem to find. It would be kinda weird just ordering Han. I'm actually thinking of making my own Chewy head. If anyone could kindly send me some measurements from the ANH version and maybe some photos, I could start work on something. PM me if you have some info to share. If not that's cool too.''

Cheers,
Guy (therethere)

come on folks, I can't believe there isnt more of an uproar about Hans hair. Especially since the rest of the figure is so solid, and it would be a very easy fix for them if people voiced their opinions.

The figure is great, they finally managed to pull off a decent Harrison Ford likeness, and for that we are all stoked, but that hair RUINS the figure, and completely destroys the likeness. PLEASE revisit the hair HT, make it less poofy, straighter and flatter and more.. 76 year old manish please.

They may have been under strict instruction to make the hair this way.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but what happened with that Chewbacca? I Just don't see any resemblance to the character at all. Han looks fantastic, better than I could have hoped for, but Chewbacca isn't even remotely appealing. Terrible. Chewy has such a specific face that Hot Toys just can't seem to find. It would be kinda weird just ordering Han. I'm actually thinking of making my own Chewy head. If anyone could kindly send me some measurements from the ANH version and maybe some photos, I could start work on something. PM me if you have some info to share. If not that's cool too.''

Cheers,
Guy (therethere)

Yeah they say it's an all new sculpt, but it's still got the same fundamental problem as before, which is that the spacing between the eyes, nose, and mouth are completely off. Looks like all they really did was shrink the nose a bit and change the shape of the mouth slightly.

I immediately PO'd Han, but I immediately passed on Chewie. Not because the figure looks less than awesome, but because to me, characters like Chewie and Vader, you only need one representation of. Vader is Vader and Chewie is Chewie. Unless you're a devout fan of the character. Same with C-3PO and R2, for instance.

Most of my SW collection is centered around the ANH line, so I will have ANH Han and ANH Chewie next to each other. Though any Han figure does sort of look out of place without Chewie by his side, I don't feel inclined to have to get Chewie again just because I got TFA Han.

I'll probably have Kylo Ren, Regular Stormtrooper, Jakku Stormtrooper and Rey wielding the lightsaber on one shelf, and then I'll probably put Rey and BB-8 and TFA Han on the lower shelf with the DX07 Bespin Luke. Or I may move Bespin Luke back to the cabinet with the rest of the ANH line. I initially separated them out just so I didn't have so many Lukes in one area, but maybe I'll consolidate them again by OT and have TFA entirely separate. We'll see.

I thought I'd pass on Chewie but I think the differences in fur color and the new head sculpt make it worth getting. I wish the price was lower but I'm in more than likely.

I agree with the post that Chewie is a unique figure compared to the Han Solo. An all fur, large alien character....I can't wait to get the TFA version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not enamored with the set, but that has a lot to do with my affinity for the movie. While I enjoyed it it did not stay with me. Of all the Solo figures I do agree it's the best sculpt out there. There are two issues with the sculpt one is the hair which has a very different shape than the pics posted and the other is the furrowed brow; It's too angry. It could be lighting and the slightly different angle, but I prefer the look on the right. The head on the left looks rounder (fatter). If the figure ends up looking more like the right then I might just bite.
mlhvn9.jpg

Last edited:

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Back