1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

^^ Is that reddish brown paint on the fur in those pics, or something up with the pics themselves? Almost like a dried blood red/brown color. Maybe it's the pics if it's unmodded.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

^^ Is that reddish brown paint on the fur in those pics, or something up with the pics themselves? Almost like a dried blood red/brown color. Maybe it's the pics if it's unmodded.

Its the light, i aimed the lamp straight at him in the last 3 pics and the fur does look a bit reddish but its just the lighting. Doesnt look bad in hand, imo.

The head is dry I think looks alright

IMG_3762.JPGIMG_3763.JPGIMG_3767.JPGIMG_3770.JPGIMG_3771.JPG

Terrific, James!

Interested to see what he'll look like under some more direct lighting now, but what an improvement! Cheers!

It's like saying, "well that turd doesn't smell quite as bad..."

Sorry, the Chewie here his just......a turd.

James, I think your Chewie looks fab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disagree, Craig.

James' Chewie looks A LOT better than ANH Chewie did when he was pulled straight out of the box.

The shame is that on at least some of the TFA Chewie's, one has to work this hard just to get him up to an acceptable base level

Still firmly convinced that TFA Chewie look great on display once He's had some time to be worked by our best customizers who will lead us to accessible mods we can all do to Make Chewie Great Again...

Great work, James, but can you flip on a light?:lol

The last two rounds of posted Chewy pics (which look encouraging) are pretty dark and blurry/grainy/lo-res so it's a little hard to fully judge.

Disagree, Craig.

James' Chewie looks A LOT better than ANH Chewie did when he was pulled straight out of the box.

The shame is that on at least some of the TFA Chewie's, one has to work this hard just to get him up to an acceptable base level

Still firmly convinced that TFA Chewie look great on display once He's had some time to be worked by our best customizers who will lead us to accessible mods we can all do to Make Chewie Great Again...

:exactly:

@Fives..yours looks great..still don't like the mouth though

Goes to show you how people tend to focus more on bad things rather than good things. This thread is about both Han and Chewie, yet the focus is on talking about how bad Chewie is rather than how good Han is.
Was just thinking about this post again. Probably better to have separate threads specifically for this type of reason. Chewie is going to dominate this thread for a long time.

Was just thinking about this post again. Probably better to have separate threads specifically for this type of reason. Chewie is going to dominate this thread for a long time.

:exactly:

This thread needs more of TFA Han and Chewie pics together in action poses

Less pics of Chewie's " Bad Hair Day " :slap

@Fives..yours looks great..still don't like the mouth though

Thanks buddy, i'm happy with this Chewie and the distance between the nose and mouth is no too bad in hand.

With this chewy having an articulated jaw, is it possible to have his mouth almost shut?

I was actually thinking that would be a better idea also the last week or so for the very same reason, but didn't mention anything about it the way you did here. The ANH figures (Han and Chewie) have their own separate threads, so I don't see why these two shouldn't either.

Even though I am happy with my Chewie, I decided to contact HT and they seem to acknowledge the spacing issue is double the size...this was their words. Maybe they may sort it out??

Even though I am happy with my Chewie, I decided to contact HT and they seem to acknowledge the spacing issue is double the size...this was their words. Maybe they may sort it out??

Can you quote them? What did you ask? If they confirm the mistake surely you can get a new one.

My Chewie is ok so I'm not really desperate to get it fixed unless a hugely improved sculpt comes out. All I did was ask if they were going to look at a replacement sculpt as the item had not turned out as well...I had this reply..."just to confirm the sculpting issue which you raise up, do you mean the gap between the nose and the upper lip should be reduced by at least half of its current size?"
This may lead to nothing but you never know.

im hopeful from some of the newer pics im seeing in here! keep up the good work fellas! im making this work for me when i get the set lol

My Chewie is ok so I'm not really desperate to get it fixed unless a hugely improved sculpt comes out. All I did was ask if they were going to look at a replacement sculpt as the item had not turned out as well...I had this reply..."just to confirm the sculpting issue which you raise up, do you mean the gap between the nose and the upper lip should be reduced by at least half of its current size?"
This may lead to nothing but you never know.

That's not really them confirming it though. It's them asking for confirmation if that's the part you have a complaint about.

I'd say they clearly acknowledged a problem without me having to detail it so I would take this as conformation that they are aware of an issue.

Back