1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$20 off with code MASTER right now. Plus the figure has free global shipping.

Thanks for posting, that is close enough. I want a second to display both sculpts . I don't see another high end yoda coming around for a VERY long time.

Finally got this guy. I won him for $140 (+ $15 shipping). He's cool little toy. yoda.jpg

I got yoda but his shelf presence sucks imo.. I'm using the open eyed portrait and something just doesnt look right, its hard to explain in words. He just kind of sits there looking like a yoda caricature. The closed eye head is better but harder to display since posing this bastard is near impossible. He doesn't like standing on his own for **** and his hands cant hold the cane either. Everytime i check my display he is either leaning due to his piss poor feet or the cane is on the ground next to him. I constantly have to put the cane back in place. Hot toys could have done a much better job, its a shame too cause this will probably be the only yoda we get from the OT unless they do a 2.0 version down the road.

Yeah, it’s a great figure. Well worth the price and especially with the current Sideshow discount and free shipping. It’s one of their better Spooktacular deals in my opinion.

I concur that the closed eyes sculpt is the way to go with this figure. The open eyed sculpt indeed looks a bit to caricature-ish, while the closed eyes sculpt, while still not perfect, better captures the essence of Yoda in ESB and the OT in general.

Mine has no problems free standing. He is a bit wobbly at the waist, but luckily his feet are on the wider side and he has a low center of gravity being a diminutive figure, not to mention he's also a light figure, so he's in no danger of keeling over. Plus, I have the tip of his cane lightly touching the ground so it acts as a further brace from him leaning forward and also aids in holding the cane in place in his hand.

I got yoda but his shelf presence sucks imo.. I'm using the open eyed portrait and something just doesnt look right, its hard to explain in words. He just kind of sits there looking like a yoda caricature. The closed eye head is better but harder to display since posing this bastard is near impossible. He doesn't like standing on his own for **** and his hands cant hold the cane either. Everytime i check my display he is either leaning due to his piss poor feet or the cane is on the ground next to him. I constantly have to put the cane back in place. Hot toys could have done a much better job, its a shame too cause this will probably be the only yoda we get from the OT unless they do a 2.0 version down the road.

I concur that the closed eyes sculpt is the way to go with this figure. The open eyed sculpt indeed looks a bit to caricature-ish, while the closed eyes sculpt, while still not perfect, better captures the essence of Yoda in ESB and the OT in general.

Mine has no problems free standing. He is a bit wobbly at the waist, but luckily his feet are on the wider side and he has a low center of gravity being a diminutive figure, not to mention he's also a light figure, so he's in no danger of keeling over. Plus, I have the tip of his cane lightly touching the ground so it acts as a further brace from him leaning forward and also aids in holding the cane in place in his hand.

Yeah, it's hard to know exactly what is up with this figure - I guess it's solely the likeness issue, but there's something really underwhelming about it even if it's a very nice set. As others have said, the closed-eyes works best and I'm okay with such a scene-specific pose because it's to me the "most" iconic look. The open eyes is nicely detailed and painted but overall it really does look like it belongs on a Hallmark ornament for some reason.

This fig reminds me of the HT ROTJ Fett - a release that should have been up there with Luke Bespin, but something went wrong and it's hard to put your finger on it because it's really quite well done in so many ways.

I have the closed eyed sculpt on most of the time. Need to pose him doing some kind of force pose, but that is still a static pose--which I prefer--so it still works. I think the eyes feel very painted and not sunken in enough on the regular head, don't seem as convincing as some of their human figures.

Haven't messed with the floating rocks--rods are too visible, but maybe if i just leave them on for a while I'll forget they're there.

Hey, Rzez...

He looks so great there... That's such a spot-on pose... Coco's base looks really good too...
And I'm guessing you're one of the few like me who gave him a little water treatment?
I really think that taking a little time to get him into a him into a classic pose and giving him a spray really brings this little green weirdo to life!!

You're really good at posing figures I've noticed... I've stolen quite a few of your poses!! :duff

Here's mine as well... Sits right on my desk next to me and makes me smile every time I glance at him...

And I swear... Sometimes I think he's talking to me!! :dunno

Attachments

• WP_20170519_13_08_53_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170519_13_08_53_Pro.jpg
    934.3 KB · Views: 259
Back