1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay...after mulling it over for weeks, watching a few youtube videos and reading the back-n-forth in here, I decided to go for it. Still think he's too green, a little over-tattered and the hair looks like a gamble to see the quality one ends up with but in the end...it's Yoda!

So in about a week or so, I'll see for myself.

Okay...after mulling it over for weeks, watching a few youtube videos and reading the back-n-forth in here, I decided to go for it. Still think he's too green, a little over-tattered and the hair looks like a gamble to see the quality one ends up with but in the end...it's Yoda!

So in about a week or so, I'll see for myself.

Ohhhhohhhh............jedi master? yoda, you bought yoda!

Coco makes the black base and Evilface makes the decals. You can get the set from Coco's thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/for-sale-trade-action-figures/169106-custom-display-stands-1-6-figures.html

The detail and craftsmanship is beyond anything I was actually expecting. I discovered his thread last Saturday, he sent the bases out that Monday and I received it on Wednesday!! Not only is he selling this at really great price points, you get them within a week! [If they're currently in stock] I opted for the Jundland Waste droid base, take a look at the detail in the sand and rocks! I freaking love the Resistance Rey topper as well and she's going to look even more amazing standing across from TFA Luke that I should receive by the first week of September!

Thanks again Cocoboloboy and I cannot recommend his outstanding custom creations enough!

Attachments

• IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_1160.JPG
    IMG_1160.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 401
image.jpg

Just completed my Dagobah diorama for Yoda and must say it came out better than expected.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 375
Yoda was delivered today and I thinks it's a really good figure.
I know there were some criticisms about the paint and his outfit but I can't find anything I don't like.
Not sure if there were any production changes but the robe on mine seems to have added wear/staining and the head scuplts look great.
It will definitely be a nice addition to the display.

The exiled Jedi Master arrived today...

HT-YODA-001.jpg

I like it, but...at first glance, he's still too green (more prequel-colored than ESB), the hair is...okay. He has good articulation and poses well. The sculpt(s) are great, especially the eyes-closed one (which will probably be the one I end up displaying him with).

Will I get rid of my Sideshow and Hasbro ones? Heck no! Still like the Sideshow one's interchangeable feet (can't believe HT missed the chance to do that) and the Hasbro one is a great archival piece -still a solid effort for the time. Am I glad I got this HT one? Yes..but it would've been nice if it had been about $40 less.

I'll get some more shots on over the long weekend...

I have both sideshow Yoda's, three hasbro versions and the medicom. Do I really need this?

The exiled Jedi Master arrived today...

View attachment 362420

I like it, but...at first glance, he's still too green (more prequel-colored than ESB), the hair is...okay. He has good articulation and poses well. The sculpt(s) are great, especially the eyes-closed one (which will probably be the one I end up displaying him with).

Will I get rid of my Sideshow and Hasbro ones? Heck no! Still like the Sideshow one's interchangeable feet (can't believe HT missed the chance to do that) and the Hasbro one is a great archival piece -still a solid effort for the time. Am I glad I got this HT one? Yes..but it would've been nice if it had been about $40 less.

I'll get some more shots on over the long weekend...

Nice pic. :clap

It's that good?

I think he is! Im not a stickler for 100% screen accuracy with this stuff, but having him in hand next to the SSC yoda, it's clearly better as far as detail and quality goes (I have the PT yoda btw). I do still love my SSC Yoda though and am keeping both for my collection.

Back