1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's the HK V2, as opposed to SSC's V2. In all seriousness though looks good so far! Congrats on getting him.

I've been on the verge of buying this guy so many times over the past month or so, but I just haven't pulled the trigger. Not because I don't think he's worth it, but simply because I'm trying not to open the floodgates of collecting Star Wars in 1:6.

Trying to keep it to my current collection of old Han, young Han (with Jnix scupt) and ANH Chewbacca, and that was easier when some of the likenesses weren't quite there for my tastes, but some of the recent Hot Toys releases and pre-orders are calling out to me...hard. And this little guy is top of the currently available list. But it's just such a slippery slope. Only favourites soon becomes only iconic characters soon becomes original trilogy only soon becomes original trilogy and Disney era films which itself soon widens out to gradually including key aliens, bounty hunters and troopers, and in the end you're even picking up a selection of prequel characters. Once you start down the Hot Toys path, forever will it dominate your collecting... :lol

Still, just Yoda couldn't hurt, right? And maybe Hoth Leia. And Jedi Luke would be mighty tempting. As would Lando if they ever made him. And...:gah:

Opened mine today. He's okay. Glad I have him but he is not worth the $240 shipped USD most people will pay for him.

The body is tight on mine. Wish the ankles were ball pegs. At first I thought they were just wrist pegs but they are a different size. Can't get one of them to rotate and too scared to force it. The belt feels really cheap I bet it will disintegrate in a couple years lol. Like the material for his tunic. The hair is okay but a lot of mine has already fallen off.

Like him, glad to have him, should have been like $139.99.

My Yoda's on his way home next monday to my sideshow Dagobah home dio cant wait.:yess::impatient: Yes i can lol this hobby has taught me much patience Master Yoda. :r2d2lineThis will be my 6th yoda lol. 1 kotobukyia art fx light up, Sideshow original ,Dagobah training hasbro, 2 sideshow pretrilogy and hot toys new mean green machine lol.:lol:lsvader

When i was little and went out to play with my figure's in neighborhood yoda was always 1st to get kidnapped /stolen along with boba n vader. Evil bastards lol cant trust no one back in the day lol.

For anyone still after this, KG Hobby have this down to £137, postage from Hong Kong to be added.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I know this would make a great companion piece to all my OT figures. Especially Snowspeeder Luke and the eventual HT R2. I just can't do it now though. Too many others that interest me more. Congrats to everyone who has him though.

To be honest, if I didn't have DX07, I probably wouldn't have gotten him. He's a great figure, but I more got him to be a companion piece to my ESB Luke since I personally think those are the only two figures required to capture the essence/gist of ESB.

Guys, don't miss out on this one, it's the best out there and we probably won't see another, certainly not a puppet Yoda version.

PLUS, I finally got the lamp lit! Needed special mini-phillips but it looks great, nice amber glow.

Guys, don't miss out on this one, it's the best out there and we probably won't see another, certainly not a puppet Yoda version.

PLUS, I finally got the lamp lit! Needed special mini-phillips but it looks great, nice amber glow.

If I have one major complaint about this release, it's that damn screw for the battery compartment on the lamp, it's just too tight. I have a nice set of tiny screwdrivers but struggled to get the screw to move. I thought I was going to completely strip the screw. Once I got the screw out, I tossed it, I'm never going to try and put it back in again.

Edit:
I've always wondered if this was a lamp or a heater, I looked it up on the product page and it says it's a Power Unit, I found on Wookieepedia it's also called a Fusion Furnace used to recharge things like droids or weapons, it also generates heat and light:
https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_furnace

Last edited:
2017-07-07 11.45.49.jpg

The close eye sculpt is perfect for a facepalm meme... :lol:lol

I left the screw out too, just didn't toss it out, but I wanted to. :lol

Oh, and great face palm pose!

If I have one major complaint about this release, it's that damn screw for the battery compartment on the lamp, it's just too tight. I have a nice set of tiny screwdrivers but struggled to get the screw to move. I thought I was going to completely strip the screw. Once I got the screw out, I tossed it, I'm never going to try and put it back in again.

Edit:
I've always wondered if this was a lamp or a heater, I looked it up on the product page and it says it's a Power Unit, I found on Wookieepedia it's also called a Fusion Furnace used to recharge things like droids or weapons, it also generates heat and light:
https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_furnace

Back